Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

15 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

As mentioned on here. Potter was just in the frame to be relevant. A marketing exercise at LCFC expense. 

I would be happy with Copper. I don't understand the hate he gets. Forest fans still like him, is a good barometer. 

As for style of play. He has Pre-Season to enforce his ideas. 

Leicester fans including me still love Nigel Pearson, I don’t see that being a reason for other teams to rush to sign him as manager

5 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Leicester fans including me still love Nigel Pearson, I don’t see that being a reason for other teams to rush to sign him as manager

Yes but if they were interested we would sing his praises, no?

Edited by Dahnsouff

He is actually a very likable bloke. I thought that even when he was at Forest, which is saying something! 

It's all a bit meh, but we just need to somehow stay up this season, and he did that with Forest despite a control freak owner! 

Hopefully, he impressed in the interview and has backroom staff ready to join as well. He could do worse than getting Kingy on board! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If Cooper had taken over at the start of last season, would we have achieved promotion?

That tells you all you need to know.  I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Does it? 

We all had the same question about Enzo and were a whisker away from screwing that up 

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

When the full story of this appointment is fully told it will shock folks 

The Incompetence displayed by some at the club is truly unbelievable for a 100’s of millions business 

one man’s desperate bid to keep power, one man’s desperate bid to play in a certain way and finally one man who was very resolute and very clear on his terms and stuck to these right to the end 

cooper is NO mug, astute and sharp, he played his cards properly and he played to win 

he wanted the job but he wanted the job on his terms in his space with the ability to fall on his own sword 

Im flabbergasted at how Ruskin has managed to sneak into and maintain his power at this club 

out future was decided during a boost session at ascot … let that sink in ! 

mods will probably not publish this, and that’s fine cos I do talk a lot of nonsense,

but on this appointment I have known virtually every twist and turn and have shared as such 

but I stress it’s still not 100% signed 

power to some people at this club is more important than the future of the club 

if Steve Signs the contract we owe it to him and ourselves to get behind him and give him everything we got ! 

together we can stay up, divided we get relegated 

As I said in the ticket price thread - there is no redeeming feature to these owners. I've no reason to doubt this, it all sounds straight out of the usual playbook from them.

Can't wait until they've ****ed off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If Cooper had taken over at the start of last season, would we have achieved promotion?

Not sure that generally tells you what you seem to think it might!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Cooper isn't a popular choice but I also think we can be too choosy in our situation. He is our man now. We as fans need to give him support. Lets hope he can secure our safety in the PL.

For certain?..

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Last time he was in the championship he got his team promoted 

given our squad last season I would say that yes, he would have got us up 

To be fair they were gifted promotion by VAR in the end. 

Quite ironic considering the fuss they made about it last season. 

The Gerrit Forward brigade are gonna love Steve Low-block Cooper. “LoNg TErM amBitIOn” :ph34r:

Ward 

Ricardo - Souttar - Coady - Vesty - Kristiansen 

Winks - KDH

Fatawu  -  Vardy  -  Mavididi 

• Haha 1

I hate that people say, we can’t be choosy. Wake up. YES WE CAN!! There are 20 premier league jobs available, 15 of which are possibly attainable and we have 1 of them. I get our situation is not perfect but it’s a premier league job non the less, abit of a free swing and on good money. I find it extremely disappointing that we have ended up with cooper who personally I feel is a premier league failure and is just a modern day merry go round manager with no identity. Of course I will back him but I’m extremely disappointed. I think the appointment shows a seriously lack of not only ambition but any progressive thought at all. Real shame. 

There must be thousands of professional footballer mangers in the world.  I would have thought that 90% of them would bite your hand off for this job. We are just so lucky to have found one 30 minutes down the road that has already underwhelmed in the premier league after spending nearly 250 million. Well done leicester. 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Quite possibly yes, what the point?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Erm, probably yes. A manager with form for promotion out the league with a squad that should have been promoted from that league, it certainly seems likely….

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Libertine said:

I'm actually alright with this. @BSLBPod made me feel quite positive about Coopz. Don't think he'll get much of a honeymoon period with our fans though.

Smith had no honeymoon at all, cant see Cooper getting one which would be a shame, favouritism for managers.

I have no insider knowledge. Enzo wanted to go. I was worried about him staying here in the prem. We got good money for him. Thank you Enzo. We then have to recruit. We have to be careful with compensation. Potter woud be free. Cooper as well. Pre season is coming. Everyone has gone and so we have to recruit sooner rather than later. We may have targets unknown. A shortlist. What we do need is someone who wants the job and who will do what he can with what is available. If that is someone we are not that keen on or is not first choice that's the way the cookie crumbles!

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

He got Forest promoted from bottom of the table and I would argue we had the best squad ever in the Championship so I don't think having him as manager would have hindered us too much

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If it's Cooper I basically give up.

It's not just that he's shit and straight out of the poverty bin, it's that it just makes absolutely zero sense with our recent squad building.

Most of our squad isnt tika taka compatible, its the biggest argument to not go down the same path.

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He is actually a very likable bloke. I thought that even when he was at Forest, which is saying something! 

It's all a bit meh, but we just need to somehow stay up this season, and he did that with Forest despite a control freak owner! 

Hopefully, he impressed in the interview and has backroom staff ready to join as well. He could do worse than getting Kingy on board! 

Apart from the fact that his song he “embraced” at forest said he hates Leicester.

a bit awkward now.