Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

5 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

To be fair they were gifted promotion by VAR in the end. 

Quite ironic considering the fuss they made about it last season. 

Cooper took over with them near the bottom and they finished 4th. if he’d been coach from game 1 then they’d have gone up automatically 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

At Swansea to begin with he played fast attacking football which worked really well and got them in the play offs. Second season the football turned crap but he still got them in the play offs. Went to forest and did the same, fast attacking style in the champ, went up and went very defensive (albeit with players he didn’t want) so I think ideally his style would be aggressive fast attacking football but plays the game based on the opposition as well. I’d imagine he has learnt from his time at forest too 

Well if his style is polar opposite to EnzoBall, then it's definitely a plus mark from me. 

Recounting last seasons games I must admit the games I enjoyed the most were the ones Enzo must of hated. They there the ones where an element of control by EnzoBall appeared to be less evident and we well, went for it a bit more. Personally I think the style suited the team better, they looked more comfortable, it was a damn sight more entertaining....oh and we won with significant score lines..  don't give up hope fokes, you never know, being coached by a manager who like to play the way we had our most success' in matches last season may not be all bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ceebeefox said:

He’s twice the player he was when here. Scored some very important goals last year. And as a plan B would be a solid signing. Forest however won’t be selling someone so important to them last year.

Give over we don’t want Chris Wood ffs we should be setting out sights on better than that but I do agree he’s been ok for Forest. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If Cooper had taken over at the start of last season, would we have achieved promotion?

That tells you all you need to know.  I'm not looking forward to this at all.

I think so, yes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Apart from the fact that his song he “embraced” at forest said he hates Leicester.

a bit awkward now.

Hardly, he's a professional, Savage used to rinse Derby relentlessly until he played for them.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Are any posters anti cooper just because he was forest manager ?

I’m very anti cooper. Genuinly it has nothing to do him being ex forest. Just performance,  ability, and how I think he will do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxmeister said:

Hardly, he's a professional, Savage used to rinse Derby relentlessly until he played for them.

I mean from a fans perspective, if in 2023 you are acknowledging a fans song saying you hate a club, maybe keep that one from the first you apply for. 

11 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Start the process again if Potter doesn't want it. Don't just go for Cooper because he's the only one who wants it who's been interviewed 

So people say we should go for WBA manager because he will be hungry, but dont want Cooper because he is umm hungry.

Have I understood that right?

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He is a proven team builder in that he develops a team spirit in all the teams he has coached.

He is flexible in the style of football he plays & will adapt the formation to the players that he has. 

He is not scared to use academy players 

His preference is to play a possession based game.

I personally believe that he is more offensive minded than Potter.

Let's be honest . At the end of the day it's about the quality of players that a Manager has at his disposal. Thomas Tuchel could have managed Sheffield Utd last season & they were still going down.

Let's at least give Cooper a chance before dumping shite on him !!

Sounds like we are getting Jose Mourinho 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don’t get people bringing up win ratios of newly promoted managers. Someone just got the Bayern job with a worse premier league win ratio.

Two wrong don't make a right! 

So how can you judge a manager? 

10 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Steve Cooper will relegate us. Bloke is Championship at best. Shit shit decision if that happens.

WBA manager is EPL I suppose despite failing to get a club out of the Championship?

The anti cooper on here shows how many football snobs we have, its crazy what Top's tika taka obsession has done to a chunk of our fan base.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don’t get people bringing up win ratios of newly promoted managers. Someone just got the Bayern job with a worse premier league win ratio.

Kompany's appointment is an unprecedented outlier based on who he is, rather than what he has achieved. 

Just now, Chiltern Fox said:

Has anyone had confirmed sightings of cooper with Leicester reps?  Or even at seagrave? I would have thought something would have been announced by now.

It’ll be tomorrow 

• Like 1