Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

53 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

For Christ's sake give the bloke a chance, as I recall his football was pretty good when they stuffed us 4-1 in the Cup. Another thing then was that he had his own players, this changed in the Prem when the buffoon of an owner tried to sign every player in the world & wanted them in the team no matter what.

I'm sure he'll have plenty of contacts to get some decent loans & free transfers. Also people need to remember that we are no longer that attractive a proposition to manage as we are a basket case..

Well Said @Angus Scott

16 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yes, despite bus parking for the most part, his Forest teams shipped nearly 100 goals in 55 games. 

That’s not even true, when he got promoted with Forest they conceded the least goals in the league from the period after he took over. His Swansea team also had a good defensive record. 

Edited by wignalll2007
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gubbins said:

We're finishing bottom 5 no matter who is in charge but I'm more optimistic we can survive with Cooper than either maresca or potter.  Defensive solidity and swift counter attacks is how we can survive this season. The style the other 2 play, Enzoball aka Rodgersball aka pissession aka the horseshoe of doom, used against teams with better players than us will just send us down. Itl also continue to frustrate and bore the hell out of the non football hipster amongst us. I'm def giving Cooper a chance.

Deffo finishing higher than if we had Enzo for the season. Feel a bit more positive now Cooper seems the favourite, finally a manager not addicted to a million passes to progress 5m up the pitch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

That’s not even true, when he got promoted with Forest they conceded the least goals in the league from the period after he took over. His Swansea team also had a good defensive record. 

They conceded 68 goals the season he was in charge that;s relegation form 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

In the last ten years we’ve won the PL, completed against Atletico Madrid in the champions league…… finished in the top 6 twice, played Roma in a European semi final… won the FA cup, and have taken all of the “big six” to the cleaners at least once……. 

We’ve just appointed a manager who got sacked from a rival who’ve achieved a whopping 70 points over two seasons…..

if this isn’t an indication of how far this club has fallen I’ll never know……. It’s tragic. 

That was already clear start of last season, we employed a manager who had a little bit of managerial experience which was a disaster.  We were basically a testing ground for Enzo.

Cooper is a reality check, but also maybe finally a sign that signing tika taka managers without the ability to provide tika taka players has finally hit home to Rudkin and Top.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Are any posters anti cooper just because he was forest manager ?

No. Not me.  I'm not anti-Cooper at all.

His time at Forest is totally different to what it may be like if he is installed as our manager.

A loony of an Forest owner who was buying players for fun, of which he had no input,  then being expected to keep them all happy, motivated and engaged and get the best out of them.  

At least with our financial restrictions the players come pre-season will hopefully be pretty much as is. Yes there may be a few in's and and out's but not to the same magnitude as his Forest tenure.  At least the team should be settled to a degree.

I'm willing to give him a chance before hounding him,  the situation at Forest wasn't "normal" and he coped.

Let's give him the courtesy of Pre-season before judging. Our squad my just click with him and it works, but on the same token he could stink the place out.  To many variables, We just don't know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think we all need to thank our leader Mr Rudkin for acting efficiently and effectively to secure us a fantastic head coach 

All should give thanks to Mr Top for gifting us Mr Rudkin 

And don't worry a free 330ml can of warm Chang will seal the deal for Mr Cooper to be a legend 

This club is amazing 👏 

Just now, Foxmeister said:

Cooper was chucked under a bus by Forest's ludicrous post promotion shopping spree.

They would not have stayed up with the team he got promoted with, if they didn't spend 165m they would have been relegated.

9 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

I'm talking about his PL spell, which is the relevant bit.