Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

That was already clear start of last season, we employed a manager who had a little bit of managerial experience which was a disaster.  We were basically a testing ground for Enzo.

Cooper is a reality check, but also maybe finally a sign that signing tika taka managers without the ability to provide tika taka players has finally hit home to Rudkin and Top.

Oh I do hope so.. 

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Getting Cooper as boss is like being offered the most Expensive Beluga Caviar and being served up sardine caviar !!

Which candidate could be considered to be the Beluga caviar option? All a bit pie n mash for me

• Like 1

Cooper is a Welshman 

he wears a Welshman’s hat

he could have stayed at Forest

he didn’t fancy that

he walked right up to Stavros

he said chat shit get banged

I wanna go to Leicester 

the best team in the land.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

Cooper is a Welshman 

he wears a Welshman’s hat

he could have stayed at Forest

he didn’t fancy that

he walked right up to Stavros

he said chat shit get banged

I wanna go to Leicester 

the best team in the land.

Started off ok

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They would not have stayed up with the team he got promoted with, if they didn't spend 165m they would have been relegated.

Maresca would have needed around 70m worth of new players to stand a chance of survival playing the possesion football you've been lauding. We don't have the ability to spend that amount so it makes sense in my mind  to get someone more pragmatic.

• Like 4

Graham Potter has a worse record in the Championship than Cooper and his 1st two seasons in the Prem weren't much better than the return Cooper got. Potter took a while to build what he built at Brighton, they were pretty vulgar for a fair while.

Had two of Europe's best finishers in Gyokores and Undav and didn't have the inclination to coerce such talent out of then. That said Cooper had Gyokores at Swansea too 😂😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

Maresca would have needed around 70m worth of new players to stand a chance of survival playing the possesion football you've been lauding. We don't have the ability to spend that amount so it makes sense in my mind  to get someone more pragmatic.

I don't think so, we would need the same amount of players we need under any manager.. makes no difference if it is Enzo or Cooper

Just now, Happy Fox said:

We must be the laughing stock of the division, Dierby’s record is well under threat imo

F**k off Top!

Why do you say that?

We just don't know what's going to happen.

His time at Forest, which you maybe (just a guess and feel free to correct)  and others are judging him on was a barmy time to say the least,  with the owners player purchasing antics, and guess what he coped.

Give him the same chance as we did with Enzo, an inexperienced manager we took a punt on. We own him that at least before sl@gging him off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Why do you say that?

His time at Forest, which you maybe (just a guess and feel free to correct)  and others are judging him on was a barmy time to say the least,  with the owners player purchasing antics, and guess what he coped.

Give him the same chance as we did with Enzo, an inexperienced manager we took a punt on. We own him that at least before sl@gging him off.

We don't owe him nothing, it's not even confirmed yet.

Hopefully Top has seen sense.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Graham Potter has a worse record in the Championship than Cooper and his 1st two seasons in the Prem weren't much better than the return Cooper got. Potter took a while to build what he built at Brighton, they were pretty vulgar for a fair while.

Had two of Europe's best finishers in Gyokores and Undav and didn't have the inclination to coerce such talent out of then. That said Cooper had Gyokores at Swansea too 😂😂😂

Why are they the only options.

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Why do you say that?

Enzo had the best squad in the division and got off to a great start, yet was still getting criticised for the style of football after about 5 games despite winning. There is going to be a big culture shook coming when we are effectively up against it week in week out. 

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Why are they the only options.

I know mate, but if people were happy with Potter they shouldn't have been. But if they still were, then they're well suited to Cooper. Not much in it.

• Like 1

I think the impact of the Greeks FM style transfer splurge, megalomania and interference must have been very difficult for him to navigate.

Despite these issues he kept them up , yes lots of holes can be picked for sure, imho it was no mean feat though.

Maybe with world class facilities a team with more of his input to develop , mould, coach and improve, and hopefully youngsters he'll also develop/integrate all without said meddling. 

He may then flourish and be successful we'll never know unless he's supported and given the opportunity to show us before the pitchforks are out and the hissy fit reactionary brigade whip up negativity doom and gloom ! 

Backing the team and manager should be a prerequisite , sadly sections of our fanbase are becoming increasingly unrealistic, impossible to please and entitled. 

He clearly wants to come to us so why not give him a chance get behind him and see what he can do if appointed? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't think so, we would need the same amount of players we need under any manager.. makes no difference if it is Enzo or Cooper

Disagree. Maresca has one system and one system only and would rather play his favourites even if they aren't suited to the role. We would absolutely have to have fatawu, a new 8 to replace ndidi, someone who can play the inverted rb role in ricardos absence and that's just so we can play his damn system fullstop. To remotely stand a chance at survival we'd need a new striker instead of daka, someone to cover the winks position instead of choudhry, another winger or stick exclusively with fatawu and mavadidi all season, potentially replace kdh and finally get another cb or have the doomsday scenario of vestergarrd and sideshow as our cb pairing. Frankly I'm being optimistic thinking we'd only need 70m! Cooper or any manager worth having would hopefully have the wit to change formations and use the squad well enough not to require that number of signings.

• Like 1