Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Why do you say that?

We just don't know what's going to happen.

His time at Forest, which you maybe (just a guess and feel free to correct)  and others are judging him on was a barmy time to say the least,  with the owners player purchasing antics, and guess what he coped.

Give him the same chance as we did with Enzo, an inexperienced manager we took a punt on. We own him that at least before sl@gging him off.

Well said that man. Let's give him a chance

Edited by Trent Steel
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Don’t think anyone can back top now unfortunately. It’s almost like they are trolling the fans with the state of this and then the pricing etc. sad times 

If only this was true. Top is out of his depth in football, racing and business. Unfortunately he has grabbed hold of people he believes know about these things. He believes in Rudkins abilities in both football and horse racing. That is the real problem. He has bet the house on Fudkin and cannot break from it. Very poor judge of character. Our troubles have not ended. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Am I the only one, given the three options that would have gone for Cooper?

Whilst, I don’t think he’s the perfect manager to get us moving forward and back challenging at the top end, I do think he’s the perfect manager for what we need right now. 
Give him two seasons, develop some of our strong youth players, keep us in the league and then say thank you and move on.

No you’re not, I’d agree with this. I must admit to being intrigued by Corberan despite being an unknown. But between Cooper and Potter, I’d definitely go for Cooper as to echo what you say, it seems he would be the better fit for what we need now even if he’s not considered as fancier name as Potter.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

They would not have stayed up with the team he got promoted with, if they didn't spend 165m they would have been relegated.

The was a middle ground though. Of course they wouldn’t have stayed up with the squad they went up with, they had about 5/6 key players on loan for a start. But 30 new players or whatever it was was excessive. They literally signed players in July and replaced them with new signings in August. It was mental and no good for a manager!

They could have for example, signed up their loan players and a further between 5-10 new targeted signings on top and ended up with maybe up to 15 overall which wouldn’t have raised questions but if done right, would have still given them a good chance to survive.

I have another take on the potential Cooper signing. I think the owners probably think it’s likely we’ll get relegated (let’s face it, especially if we get docked points and the squad is wafer thin already). Cooper then would be a good choice of manager given this scenario as he’s a. Cheap I suspect? And b. Tbh did a tremendous job getting Forest up and keeping them up for the season.

Forest’s owner too, is potty as a fruitcake. I imagine Cooper had all the signings imposed on him, rather than him picking them.

If he does come here, we need to get behind him as this season is going to be tough enough anyway 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I have another take on the potential Cooper signing. I think the owners probably think it’s likely we’ll get relegated (let’s face it, especially if we get docked points and the squad is wafer thin already). Cooper then would be a good choice of manager given this scenario as he’s a. Cheap I suspect? And b. Tbh did a tremendous job getting Forest up and keeping them up for the season.

Forest’s owner too, is potty as a fruitcake. I imagine Cooper had all the signings imposed on him, rather than him picking them.

If he does come here, we need to get behind him as this season is going to be tough enough anyway 

I doubt they're looking that far ahead on their planning. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I doubt they're looking that far ahead on their planning. 

I agree and let’s be honest if we do get relegated it’s highly likely that Cooper would get the sack anyway. I don’t think there is any strategy or planning, it’s just a cheap and cheerful option and probably one where the DoF and board will have the least challenge of the way the club is run. 

• Like 2

Don't really buy into the "we are getting relegated so let's give it Cooper because he's the easiest option" ..if that was the way of thinking from the board then why try and get Potter? What's the point in trying to get in a reasonably high profile manager if we are already condemning ourselves to relegation. 

• Like 1

Give Cooper a 2 year contract with stipulations saying we will see where we are after those 2 years due to points deduction, money and league/position.

Best of a bad situation tbh.

Wouldn't want Cooper. He did well getting Forest up and keeping them there for their first season, but imo they would have been relegated if they hadn't sacked him.

Simon Jordan reckons Potter may have fallen through because Chelsea might still be paying him off, and that complicates things. I can see that given how the impending appointment was leaked to the media and then they had to backtrack only a few hours later. 

• Like 1

It best be some amazing video editing and interviewing tart this appointment up. I've made peace with it, not happy but accepted it. I've had my rants about it, I had my excitement from the Potter rumours, but also accepted the outcome now. It's gonna be a tough season and tough to follow. But we are where we are. I wanted more change at board level as that is the area where it's stale. New young talented DoF, fresh ideas and all that. 

Blow it - Cooper's blue army :mellow:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Simon Jordan reckons Potter may have fallen through because Chelsea might still be paying him off, and that complicates things. I can see that given how the impending appointment was leaked to the media and then they had to backtrack only a few hours later. 

Shouldn't that be known quite early on though? If feels to me more down to Potter not genuinely wanting it but probably getting some ludicrously big contract offer to nearly sway him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Great interview, the ugly Forest troll is winning me over. 

I’m a pedantic c*nt, but how much money footy teams have and they can’t get a video crew to film two angles with the same white balance 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Shouldn't that be known quite early on though? If feels to me more down to Potter not genuinely wanting it but probably getting some ludicrously big contract offer to nearly sway him. 

You would think we’d know this from an early point. Nevermind! 

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

No you’re not, I’d agree with this. I must admit to being intrigued by Corberan despite being an unknown. But between Cooper and Potter, I’d definitely go for Cooper as to echo what you say, it seems he would be the better fit for what we need now even if he’s not considered as fancier name as Potter.

I think much the same as you and @Aus Fox. 

Initially it was Corberan for me, but the more I think of it, I think Cooper's style suits our current crop of players and  budget better, (I've posted before I think our team played better when EnzoBall was "ignored" and we can't finance 'the style' at present anyway) and I get the feeling that Potter would have been more of the same as Enzo but less sexy and with hair, so its Cooper for me, as any move away from Possession based football is a major thumb's up from my side

• Like 2

If anyone from the club lurks on here to pick up the mood of the fans, they can only be alarmed at the overwhelming, if not hostile, opposition to this appointment. It would be great if that brought them to their senses. This is our last hope now.