Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

The was a middle ground though. Of course they wouldn’t have stayed up with the squad they went up with, they had about 5/6 key players on loan for a start. But 30 new players or whatever it was was excessive. They literally signed players in July and replaced them with new signings in August. It was mental and no good for a manager!

They could have for example, signed up their loan players and a further between 5-10 new targeted signings on top and ended up with maybe up to 15 overall which wouldn’t have raised questions but if done right, would have still given them a good chance to survive.

This is another problem he seems to rely heavily on loan players which does nothing for the club tbh a criticism of his time at Swansea and it happened at Forest as well.

its not a miracle he kept them up only because Leicester and Everton capitulated did they manage to survive and the fact they spent 165m on players.

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If anyone from the club lurks on here to pick up the mood of the fans, they can only be alarmed at the overwhelming, if not hostile, opposition to this appointment. It would be great if that brought them to their senses. This is our last hope now. 

It would make no difference either way.

They dont care what the fans think, in any aspect of how the club is run, we are now customers to be seen, and not heard or taken account of. 

• Like 1

Just now, smudger63 said:

It would make no difference either way.

They dont care what the fans think, in any aspect of how the club is run, we are now customers to be seen, and not heard or taken account of. 

Sadly, you are right, if course. I'm just grasping at any possibility that there is some hope that this won't happen after all. 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Sadly, you are right, if course. I'm just grasping at any possibility that there is some hope that this won't happen after all. 

I think we are going to have to accept that it will be Cooper, and get behind him, but I don't think this ends well.

Hope for the best but I fear the worst. 

51 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If anyone from the club lurks on here to pick up the mood of the fans, they can only be alarmed at the overwhelming, if not hostile, opposition to this appointment. It would be great if that brought them to their senses. This is our last hope now. 

Yea but they'd just go on Facebook and think fans are happy !

9 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I think the impact of the Greeks FM style transfer splurge, megalomania and interference must have been very difficult for him to navigate.

Despite these issues he kept them up , yes lots of holes can be picked for sure, imho it was no mean feat though.

Maybe with world class facilities a team with more of his input to develop , mould, coach and improve, and hopefully youngsters he'll also develop/integrate all without said meddling. 

He may then flourish and be successful we'll never know unless he's supported and given the opportunity to show us before the pitchforks are out and the hissy fit reactionary brigade whip up negativity doom and gloom ! 

Backing the team and manager should be a prerequisite , sadly sections of our fanbase are becoming increasingly unrealistic, impossible to please and entitled. 

He clearly wants to come to us so why not give him a chance get behind him and see what he can do if appointed? 🤷‍♂️

Spot on. 

17 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

You believe they’re using the England game to mask the signing. This is utterly bizarre some people have lost their minds. 

I mean, our comms do have previous for being timed neatly for other things to provide distractions (see: Ticket prices announced the other day, while reporters had clearly been briefed on Potter being close) 😅

That said, I do agree with you. I don't think you can "mask" the signing of a new first team manager.

Then again, this is Leicester City, so you never really know if we'd try such nonsense.

Edited by CloudFox

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The bit I'm finding the hardest to get my head round is how have we gone from 'I want to play like man city' to steve cooper?

He wouldn't be my first choice at all, and I actually think his style might be effective but why then have we renewed vestergaard for 3 years?

There's no long term planning in any of it. The DoF is just a bag carrier and we've just gone for obvious names.

We're light years behind the likes of Brentford and Brighton from a scouting and setup point of view, and for a club that's not cash rich from a PSR point of view that's critical.

From what tanner said, vesterguaard signed the deal before enzo left so I get why it happened, the problem is the length of contract. Even if enzo stayed, 3 years for a 32 year old?! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The bit I'm finding the hardest to get my head round is how have we gone from 'I want to play like man city' to steve cooper?

He wouldn't be my first choice at all, and I actually think his style might be effective but why then have we renewed vestergaard for 3 years?

There's no long term planning in any of it. The DoF is just a bag carrier and we've just gone for obvious names.

We're light years behind the likes of Brentford and Brighton from a scouting and setup point of view, and for a club that's not cash rich from a PSR point of view that's critical.

We can only assume that Cooper assured Top that he wants to play passing football. To be fair, he did do this with Swansea and in his first season at Forest, so he has evidence to back it up. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I mean, our comms do have previous for being timed neatly for other things to provide distractions (see: Ticket prices announced the other day, while reporters had clearly been briefed on Potter being close) 😅

That said, I do agree with you. I don't think you can "mask" the signing of a new first team manager.

Then again, this is Leicester City, so you never really know if we'd try such nonsense.

I get why some won’t like the appointment and my choice would be Corberan. But we’re clearly not willing to spend £4m to get him. We’re also not getting an unknown, the state our squad is in that be suicidal. I just think they’re going down the he’s got a reputation for motivating getting the best out of youth and has somewhat also played the ‘right’ way but pragmatism will be needed this year. Like it or not the logic is there as much as it sucks and our owners have been the architect of this downfall we are where we are. Personally it sounds like Rudkin while still there we won’t see a change to this approach. 

Some won’t care about any of those things that may point to Cooper being a let’s just try and stay in this league regardless of what philosophy we were trying to implement and just don’t like his style or him as a person. Conspiracy theories and some plucking facts out of their arse on here. Some probably need to take a break for a while switch off their phone and go on a short holiday. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 1

Get the idea that no one knows, even the major newspaper outlets, know who it's going to be - conflicting reports.

So, it doesn't seem to be set in stone that it'll be Cooper?

Edited by Wymsey

Just now, Happy Fox said:

My only hope is this to convince Potter to speed up his answer to the contract offer on the table, appointing Cooper means relegation here we come :unsure:

It’s clearly cooper it’s been stated to be confirmed in next 24/48 hours.

• Sad 1

If we get Cooper, my biggest fear is that he will have agreed to play the style the owners clearly want, which obviously isn't his natural approach. We'll then end up with a version of football similar to Brendan-ball. Passing around at the back for the sake of it, rather than the system Enzo was introducing. 

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It’s clearly cooper it’s been stated to be confirmed in next 24/48 hours.

It’s a sad state of affairs if we go down this path will be toxic down KP, hopefully the board wake up? Are they really that clueless? Seems to be the case.

The general consensus seems to be that potter turned us down. I would say more likely that, after interviews etc he was our preferred choice but his wage demands (still being paid by chelsea) were such that the club wouldn't meet them so went for their second  choice.

Not the same as potter turning us down, ie didn't want the job, more that he would only take it if we paid him over the odds. In other words the clubs choice.

• Like 1

I'd also throw into the mix that a significant percentage on here moaning re Coopers appointment 'deviating' from the owners desire to pursue the play out from the back possession football route are also the ones moaning like fck about said football. I firmly believe some just like to moan irrespective.

Cooper had his Swansea team playing some very good football, and the Forest side he constructed and developed in the Championship,  mainly through loans played some very good football.

Then when promoted their basketcase of a chairman went full Richie Rich meets FM expert and reportedly made signings left right and centre without consultation.

Maybe without that interference and coupled with our infrastructure his natural skill set may come to the fore and he could be way better than the prejudgement he's being afforded at the moment, he could even potentially be a very good fit.

5 minutes ago, urban fox said:

The general consensus seems to be that potter turned us down. I would say more likely that, after interviews etc he was our preferred choice but his wage demands (still being paid by chelsea) were such that the club wouldn't meet them so went for their second  choice.

Not the same as potter turning us down, ie didn't want the job, more that he would only take it if we paid him over the odds. In other words the clubs choice.

Says no issue re personal terms.

It's not really been reported as him turning us down, rather him refusing to tell us yes or no. Presumably he wanted to wait to see what happens with Southgate until after the Euros, us being his second choice, while we wanted an answer this month before players start returning. 

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It’s a sad state of affairs if we go down this path will be toxic down KP, hopefully the board wake up? Are they really that clueless? Seems to be the case.

I’d say the only toxicity is coming from some fans who like everyone else on here have very little insight into what is going on but put their opinions across like they are aware of every minor detail. I’m not saying Cooper is going to be a success but I also don’t see anything that points towards him being the end of the world like many others.

Just get behind him and the players.

• Like 2