Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

5 minutes ago, sbfox said:

If we get Cooper, my biggest fear is that he will have agreed to play the style the owners clearly want, which obviously isn't his natural approach. We'll then end up with a version of football similar to Brendan-ball. Passing around at the back for the sake of it, rather than the system Enzo was introducing. 

From a selfish point of view I hope not, as I want to see the back of possession based, boring as hell, snooze in the stands football style ASAP.

From a football point of view I still hope not, as I still maintain that the current squad deep down is not really suited to it. "But, but we won the league playing it last season"...yes in the championship, where the opposition's so poor over all  it acts as a cushion and covers up the systems shortfall that will be hideously exposed in the vastly superior Premiership if we continue to play in that mold.

Enzo himself identified that even at championship level it needed investment to really work. Now multiply that same thinking and scenario by 'god knows what'  of investment for it to work come August... something we currently can't and realistically never have been able to supply.

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

What I don’t get is how we’ve gone from having these 2 as our options where if we don’t get one we’ll get the other and yet still somehow ending up with Cooper??

But they'll still try to say he was always our number 1 target

4 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

What I don’t get is how we’ve gone from having these 2 as our options where if we don’t get one we’ll get the other and yet still somehow ending up with Cooper??

So, not definitely not Cooper - then?..

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

So, not definitely not Cooper - then?..

That is nearly a week old, we have been through Klopp, Bielsa, Marsch, Brian Clough and Will Still since then

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Why didn't they just get Cooper a year ago if he was the right man? 
If he wasn't the right man then, then he's isn't now. 

He was employed by Forest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Errr, because he was a premier league manager?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Something definitely changed. I think the timing is a big thing for them. It sounds like they want someone in this week and the potter/cobernan issues around compensation/ severance pay have sent them to cooper. Although potter thing is a weird one, media getting mixed messages. 

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

This is another problem he seems to rely heavily on loan players which does nothing for the club tbh a criticism of his time at Swansea and it happened at Forest as well.

its not a miracle he kept them up only because Leicester and Everton capitulated did they manage to survive and the fact they spent 165m on players.

Since when was that a manager preference? Players coming permanently or on loan will depend on club policy. Yes some managers will have more input on transfer policy (we learned this the hard way with Rodgers) but no manager is going to dictate to the club that they want loan players and not permanent transfers. It will be a coincidence of the timing of being at both those clubs. A lot of Championship and lower league sides rely on the loan market heavily.

That seems a bit of a weird stick to beat him with to be fair!

12 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Leicester fans including me still love Nigel Pearson, I don’t see that being a reason for other teams to rush to sign him as manager

I get your point. But, it's not a like for like comparison. This would be us talking about him taking the Hull and Derby job.

11 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Something definitely changed. I think the timing is a big thing for them. It sounds like they want someone in this week and the potter/cobernan issues around compensation/ severance pay have sent them to cooper. Although potter thing is a weird one, media getting mixed messages. 

Or maybe we give too much credence to journalists that are playing the guessing game 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

That's a ridiculous take

41 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Could be this guy just doesn't really know anything?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, huddersfieldfox said:

Some reports saying that Chelsea would stop paying Potter if he took the job. Anyone know if that's true 

Why would they carry on paying him if he entered into another role?

2 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

You believe they’re using the England game to mask the signing. This is utterly bizarre some people have lost their minds. 

Not at all.

They used a sunday evening to hide the £25 physical card price.

They've hid the ticket price release between news of a new manager. 

This is the club's exact way of working.