Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Corberán would be a good choice. He has the right pragmatism and motivational skills to suit a team fighting relegation.

So I get this, but would it not involve unlearning everything the squad learned under Enzo? And mean looking for a very different sort of player. From the bits that have been shared on Corberán I really don't feel he'd "improve" us...which we definitely need to in order to stay up.

Maybe others are just seeing something I can't, but I don't *get* Corberán.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The big improvements last season were all based around having a new manager, and the restoration of some semblance of fight and team spirit into the playing squad. What absolutely didn't change at all, was the absolute bin fire that the club are at executive level.

So now, the manager is going. we have some serious holes to sort out in the playing squad (largely in midfield, especially if KDH and Wilf leave), and a new manager to recruit. And everything rests in the hands of the wonder team that thought Jesse Marsch looked a hot prospect, thought keeping Brendan Rodgers for an additional 80% of the season after he had already given up, and has previously "been impressed" by David Wagner and a litany of other **** ups under the belt. I'm worried, very worried. Add in at least one points deduction to come as well, and we are set up for an even worse season than the last one in the Prem. Still, at least no threat to Jon Rudkin's job though, so at least one person will get to enjoy next season while everything around the club is descending back into chaos.

Edited by orangecity23
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Potter will go back to Brighton.

Moyes would give us a very good chance of staying up and reestablish ourselves again.

Think we'll go a different route, the board love a gamble and left field appointment.

Interesting part is offering contracts to players who may not be in the new managers plans and being stuck with a crap Danish CB for 3 more years lol

👀😬 - 3 years! 

Edited by CosbehFox

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

It may not be a given that Caballero follows Enzo out the door.

In which case it would be safe to assume he's putting his hat in the ring. 

I assumed that he would be in contention.

Saves us paying compo to another club for their manager.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Please tell me we haven’t gone and offered him a 3 year deal before appointing a new manager 

No, just that he’s been offered a deal partly from the pod the other week and partly from rumour mill. Can’t believe it’s 3 years hence the reaction 

Edited by CosbehFox

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They definitely weren't?

Needed Hamza to have the best game of his career ever with multiple goal line clearances to beat them at our place

Away game mainly, but I’ll yield to the hamza performance, but they couldn’t finish us off and we still won. Not for me this one. 
but side note, we’re in a lot more shit than we realise behind the scenes if he’s walked to basket case Chelsea at the first chance

There's only one man for the job. Our Lord, Our God, Our Leader, Sir Nigel of Pearson. Get some backbone in the club, give the fans something to be proud of again. He masterminded the great escape, his team won the PL, he gets Leicester. More importantly, he gets us fans, because - I think - he is one of us. Forget all these foreigners with their fancy tippy happy shite. Get the bloody ball forward and have some fun.

I'll also be voting for him in the election.

• Like 2

All this talk of projects is hilarious. The only ‘project’ worth a damn is staying in the Prem next season. This isn’t the time for projects and Enzo’s project would likely have cost us and him next season. 

Whoever can weld a team together out of those we will have left and any bargain bin recruits we might scrape together is all we should be worried about. 

Unfortunately our clueless executives and owner will likely want someone who espouses possession again, which really won’t be wise. Still, we will get who we get and that will be that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

It may not be a given that Caballero follows Enzo out the door.

In which case it would be safe to assume he's putting his hat in the ring. 

Are you sure about that?

5 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Are you sure about that?

I can sort of understand Fin’s point, I don’t think there’s any way we let all of them leave before a new manager comes in. It’s also not guaranteed the people we are looking at have their own teams.

As nice as it was to clear out the dross last year, it’s left us with no staff of our own now. 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we go for Gus Poyet our last manager who managed Greece won us the league history to repeat itself :D

Our last 2 summer-appointed managers have both gone on to win the league in their 1st season.

Just saying

• Haha 1