Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Posted (edited)

We either stick with the style or start moving to a different style if its the latter then we will have to sell a few first teamers and bring in some new blood.

Mark Robbins would be a good shout but would need to move a lot of players out and in.

Board has a lot to do

We will probably get Corbean don't think he would be commanding enough though

Edited by whoareyaaa

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Why are people annoyed about Enzo leaving?  He’s just going to another job. We can all do it, doesn’t make us cnuts.  I doubt anyone would turn down 2 or 3 times their salary to do pretty much the same job somewhere else. Good luck to him. Best of all worlds for us as he would have relegated us with Enzoball. 

And for those who are marginally challenged in the cranium region, I don’t think Enzoball is rubbish, it is just very player dependant and we don’t and won’t have the players to implement it properly next season. If we had Man City’s squad I’d be gutted if he left. 

It’s not the same as a normal job is it? Firstly as a manager your contract gets paid in full even if you aren’t good enough to do it. What normal job rewards failure and incompetence in that way?

Enzo is now taking the whole vision that got him the job in the first place, the whole coaching team that helped him, with no handover time and no real time to have built the resilience into the club that could continue the vision. We’ll be starting from scratch in the most difficult league in the world and as such we are now definitely favourites to be relegated. He’s not even given it a year. I don’t remember the last manager that has shown such a lack of loyalty in the English game never mind at Leicester.

Irrespective of whether you think he would’ve got us relegated, he shouldn’t be praised for making a decision that betrays the players he signed and coached and the fans that sang his name and expected a bit more loyalty than 11 & 1/2 months in The Championship. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

It’s not the same as a normal job is it? Firstly as a manager your contract gets paid in full even if you aren’t good enough to do it. What normal job rewards failure and incompetence in that way?

Enzo is now taking the whole vision that got him the job in the first place, the whole coaching team that helped him, with no handover time and no real time to have built the resilience into the club that could continue the vision. We’ll be starting from scratch in the most difficult league in the world and as such we are now definitely favourites to be relegated. He’s not even given it a year. I don’t remember the last manager that has shown such a lack of loyalty in the English game never mind at Leicester.

Irrespective of the whether you think he would’ve got us relegated, he shouldn’t be praised for making a decision that betrays the players he signed and coached and the fans that sang his name and expected a bit more loyalty than 11 & 1/2 months in The Championship. 

Well said.

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Irrespective of the whether you think he would’ve got us relegated, he shouldn’t be praised for making a decision that betrays the players he signed and coached and the fans that sang his name and expected a bit more loyalty than 11 & 1/2 months in The Championship. 

Using FT as a barometer and it looks like 3/4ers of our fans despise his style of football anyway, so not sure we can cry crocodile tears too much. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Corbean

The sign of things to come if we appoint him...

Edited by Tuna
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Corberan is a massive risk. But who isn't really?

Moyes i suppose. 

Moyes is an absolutely massive risk from a spectator’s perspective. His teams definitely don’t entertain. Ask West Ham fans. 

2 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Using FT as a barometer and it looks like 3/4ers of our fans despise his style of football anyway, so not sure we can cry crocodile tears too much. 

Foxes talk is no barometer 

15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Out of interest.....what has Robins achieved at Coventry?

JPT Trophy even when Cov were bottom

League Two play offs

League One champions

Fa Cup Semi finalists

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Wow, you really are butt hurt. Try and see the positives. 🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

This might end up working better for us. He hasn’t displayed the tactical flexibility to have success when he doesn’t have the most talented team in the division. I have a feeling he knows that.

Edited by Phenom
  • Like 2

Pearson will only be considered if we're struggling for options, I don't expect he's one of the main targets due to his weak stint at Bristol City most recently, plus I think he misses Shakey by his side. Most of Pearson's success at Foxes came when he had the partnership of Shakespeare. When at Derby, in Belgium and Bristol City. You can see when Shakey wasn't there.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We 100% need to change the style and start fresh, any manager that comes in with a passing game is gonna be disliked by some of the fans immediately 

I hate to say it, but you're in for a disappointing year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Pearson will only be considered if we're struggling for options, I don't expect he's one of the main targets due to his weak stint at Bristol City most recently, plus I think he misses Shakey by his side. Most of Pearson's success at Foxes came when he had the partnership of Shakespeare. When at Derby, in Belgium and Bristol City. You can see when Shakey wasn't there.

It looks weak from the outside. BCFC fans were absolutely livid when he was sacked. Took a while to get really going, but from what I've seen/heard, he was uniting the fans massively.