Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Enzo was part of the first lot of managers linked wasn't he?

I’m sure he came out as a rumour as it developed. I might be wrong. But even then, as a rumour, I don’t think he was as strong as say Parker or Farke. However, I’ve tried to forget as much as possible about last summer. 

Interviews do tend to play a big part in our process. Moves someone very quickly up the list if they do well.

• Like 2

Survival for one season is not the be all and end all. This club needs rebuilding in a manner that frees the financial burden we are in and enables us the flexibility to progress. Whether that's achievable remains to be seen but that's got to be the target over short term fire fighting to stay up.

A lot easier to do it if we can survive the first season ….i do take your point but job one is survival and financially that stabilises us then we start building plus the youth players coming through over the next 18 months like Alves and Braybrooke will help 

Survival for one season is not the be all and end all. This club needs rebuilding in a manner that frees the financial burden we are in and enables us the flexibility to progress. Whether that's achievable remains to be seen but that's got to be the target over short term fire fighting to stay up.

If we go down again this year it's going to be a massive struggle to get back. We can free the financial burden by staying in the Premier League whilst spending modestly on wages.

12 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

A lot easier to do it if we can survive the first season ….i do take your point but job one is survival and financially that stabilises us then we start building plus the youth players coming through over the next 18 months like Alves and Braybrooke will help 

One worry for me now is that Enzo rated these lads, especially Alves as we saw with the bus top parade. Who's to say the new manager will be looking to integrate academy lads or not? We knew Enzo was looking to.

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

One worry for me now is that Enzo rated these lads, especially Alves as we saw with the bus top parade. Who's to say the new manager will be looking to integrate academy lads or not? We knew Enzo was looking to.

Hopefully one of the targets/requests from the board will be to make use of the best youth coming through? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Only team in the Championship not to spend any money on new players, just loan signings:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/west-bromwich-albion/transfers/verein/984

He overachieved massively with that team. Does that make him the right man for the Leicester job is a different question, but he's a very good manager and has proved it. Look at the Baggies forums for what they think about this news.

For me he’s the clear man for the job, all his pro’s are we are in need of for our first season back.

there’s a misconception that he plays defensive football, which isn’t true. Admittedly, against the top boys he has to sit back a bit and play counter attacking football and takes away the top boys major strengths.

Even Enzo said after we played them that they should of won.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

What are Chelsea gonna take from us next? Our name? Or pur badge? 

They're welcome to help themselves to Keith Vaz

9 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Might start adding a bit of gold to their kit too

5 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

I don't like Chelsea, But to be fair they have been Bankrolling us for a few seasons now.

Chilwell, Drinky, Kante, now likely Enzo and KDH or Mads.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, brucey said:

Might start adding a bit of gold to their kit too

So that's where the gold on our latest kit went! Chelsea asset stripping us down to the kit 'n all!

Edited by CloudFox

12 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

They’ll take our East Stand Decelopment, Seagrave’s 9 hole golf course, The Birch, Filbert Fox, the £25 physical season ticket, clappers, free coconuts, FBS, Danny Ward, one of the big screens, our next 3 appointed managers, all the soap and blue roll in the toilets and Will Alves. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Corberan overachieved at both Huddersfield and West Brom in my opinion. He got a poor Huddersfield side to within a couple of terrible refereeing decisions of the premier league, took over at West Brom when they were in and around the relegation zone and got them into the playoffs the following season with tight financial restrictions. 

He's a modern but pragmatic manager and his teams can play a bit too. What I really like about him is that his teams are good at set pieces. Our conversion rate from set pieces was pitiful this season, especially when you consider that we've got a 6ft7 centre back. I'm confident he'd come to us. OK, the points deduction is a tough sell but if he makes a decent fist of keeping us up and we still go down, his stock will still be relatively high. 

He's the one.

I watched WBA a few times and they bored me to death, overly tactical and his approach to the playoffs was sackable material.  But maybe they were better in other games.  I would perhaps be more prepared to give him a chance if he had EPL experience, we really shouldnt be looking for someone from a lower division in my opinion.

Not a back to basics manager.

Edited by Chrysalis

6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

They’ll take our East Stand Decelopment, Seagrave’s 9 hole golf course, The Birch, Filbert Fox, the £25 physical season ticket, clappers, free coconuts, FBS, Danny Ward, one of the big screens, our next 3 appointed managers, all the soap and blue roll in the toilets and Will Alves. 

Think we can slip them Danny, kels and rudders, without them knowing?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I watched WBA a few times and they bored me to death, overly tactical and his approach to the playoffs was sackable material.  But maybe they were better in other games.  I would perhaps be more prepared to give him a chance if he had EPL experience, we really shouldnt be looking for someone from a lower division in my opinion.

Not a back to basics manager.

Their away game at Southampton was bad, I'll give you that. Southampton do ultimately have much better players than West Brom though, it has to be said.

I'm being realistic. We won't be able to take a manager from another premier league club. In terms of premier league experience, Potter won't come to us in our current predicament. Even if he did, I think he'd relegate us. Where he's done well in the past, he's had time to build. I'd actually take Moyes at this point. He's experienced and he's quite a shrewd operator in the transfer market. However, I don't think the club will go for him. It's clear they want a modern possession-based manager. 

What other viable options are there with premier league experience? Gerard? No thanks. Lampard? No thanks. Steve Cooper? Could do worse but his football towards the end at Forest was hideous. Rob Edwards? Not convinced.