Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Moyes is a weird one. On the face of it the football is what you'd refer to as pragmatic, yet there has been glimpses during his time at West Ham where they've been incredibly exciting to watch and rather expansive. The season when they had a front 4 of Antonio, Bowen, Benrahma/Lanzini, and Lingaard, they played some wonderful football. 

To also win a European competition was a great achievement for a club of West Ham's size and stature. 

It'd clearly be a deviation from the plan we've followed in recent times but I don't think he'd be a disaster. 

Don't think he'd touch us tbh we are hardly an attractive proposition right now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Don't think he'd touch us tbh we are hardly an attractive proposition right now. 

Of course he would - he doesn’t want to be out of the game after doing so well for West Ham - prem jobs don’t come up so often - he would take it and I would be happy with it 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

We maybe 🤔 about to burster the banker it's that simple. 

But as I said I would be very surprised if we pay huge compo to poach a manager . 

They will have already budgeted without losing the manager, so you would imagine most of that £10 million could be used on bringing in the new man.

10 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Potter will go back to Brighton.

Moyes would give us a very good chance of staying up and reestablish ourselves again.

Think we'll go a different route, the board love a gamble and left field appointment.

Interesting part is offering contracts to players who may not be in the new managers plans and being stuck with a crap Danish CB for 3 more years lol

Surprises me that people genuinely thought the same idiots capable of overseeing 2022/23 might possibly have become clever. Absolute clowns the lot of them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Potter will go back to Brighton.

Moyes would give us a very good chance of staying up and reestablish ourselves again.

Think we'll go a different route, the board love a gamble and left field appointment.

Interesting part is offering contracts to players who may not be in the new managers plans and being stuck with a crap Danish CB for 3 more years lol

Oh, biscuits!!! 

9 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Why are people annoyed about Enzo leaving?  He’s just going to another job. We can all do it, doesn’t make us cnuts.  I doubt anyone would turn down 2 or 3 times their salary to do pretty much the same job somewhere else. Good luck to him. Best of all worlds for us as he would have relegated us with Enzoball. 

And for those who are marginally challenged in the cranium region, I don’t think Enzoball is rubbish, it is just very player dependant and we don’t and won’t have the players to implement it properly next season. If we had Man City’s squad I’d be gutted if he left. 

I'm not particularly bothered about him leaving and understand the whole "you've got to do what is best for you" but I think people are more annoyed it's Chelsea, they just come in and cherry pick our "talent" as and when they please. That's what is annoying. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

We maybe 🤔 about to burster the banker it's that simple. 

But as I said I would be very surprised if we pay huge compo to poach a manager . 

We will go all out for potter I think initially. 

55 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm not particularly bothered about him leaving and understand the whole "you've got to do what is best for you" but I think people are more annoyed it's Chelsea, they just come in and cherry pick our "talent" as and when they please. That's what is annoying. 

Also I think it's the quote of him saying he wants to stay at the same club for 5 to 6 years and build a team. All that bull managers always speak and then turn around a jump ship for a seemingly better job.

Anyone got Drinkwaters number?

I wonder if we could tempt someone like Mourinho on a 7m contract for a year, that would be interesting.. and then once we have secured our premier league status offer a year extension. 

That would be interesting! But probably no chance of happening 5000/1 :ph34r:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Also I think it's the quote of him saying he wants to stay at the same club for 5 to 6 years and build a team. All that bull managers always speak and then turn around a jump ship for a seemingly better job.

Anyone got Drinkwaters number?

He never said which team lol

Isn't Moyes part of the Talksport Team for the forthcoming Euro's? This would certainly impact the vast amount of work required to commence the rebuild so am not sure is a viable option

1 minute ago, joeybside said:

Isn't Moyes part of the Talksport Team for the forthcoming Euro's? This would certainly impact the vast amount of work required to commence the rebuild so am not sure is a viable option

I am sure it could be cancelled? 

6 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

They will have already budgeted without losing the manager, so you would imagine most of that £10 million could be used on bringing in the new man.

You think Rudkin and co do any kind of budgeting?

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

We will go all out for potter I think initially. 

Previous experience suggests he’ll need to reject us at least three times before we reluctantly move onto other targets.

Moyes will probably bide his time before he returns to football. I don't think we're as unattractive a proposition as some are claiming but managers who've been employed for several years tend to take a break of at least a few months before going back in.

• Like 4

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Moyes will probably bide his time before he returns to football. I don't think we're as unattractive a proposition as some are claiming but managers who've been employed for several years tend to take a break of at least a few months before going back in.

Enter José :Dlol

7 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Our board, prepared? Competent?

:claude:

2 minutes ago, joeybside said:

I think you’re overstating something that is really a non-issue.

All managers (and certainly top flight ones) will be looking in on the Euro’s on a scouting and professional interest level.

Being in and around the event also helps maintain / build key industry contacts (players, agents, coaches).

Being a pundit is just a handy side hustle to complement what managers will be doing anyway.

Plus I don’t see what imperative work a prospective new manager would need to do over the Euro’s that couldn’t be done alongside what would be relatively minor commitments - plus if the job was offered and taken, Moyes could even step back from those if he felt it was appropriate to do so.

Also note there are other ‘in work’ managers that don’t seem to see this media work as an issue - for example Ange is part of ITV’s crew as is Danny Rohl, Rooney is working with the beeb and given the sheer number of international broadcasters all requiring punditry of some form I’m sure there’s plenty others doing stuff be it for TV / radio / print / online media. 

• Like 1