Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

23 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I am sure it could be cancelled? 

Agreed but as attractive a Premier League job is, I fancy he'll enjoy being part of the TS Team and working with his mate Jeff Stelling. I could be wrong. But I think the Club will have him on the List behind Potter and maybe Cooper

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Moyes will probably bide his time before he returns to football. I don't think we're as unattractive a proposition as some are claiming but managers who've been employed for several years tend to take a break of at least a few months before going back in.

Agree on this.

Plus, I sense Moyes is probably more of a November / December / January hire for a club that finds itself away from where it wants to be.

Of course that’s could easily be West Ham again 😂

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Surprises me that people genuinely thought the same idiots capable of overseeing 2022/23 might possibly have become clever. Absolute clowns the lot of them.

If you post this on Twitter Dan you’ll get Graham Brock slide into your DM’s telling you how wrong you are. 

As some ITK are saying we haven't even got money to pay any compo money atall I believe David Pleat , Frank McLintock and Peter Taylor are available!

I'm not atall ITK, however, I doubt that opinion is correct whilst categorically stating that's just my opinion.

Personally ,bearing in mind our financial restrictions squad and aims I think Corberan would be a good shout.

He's had zero money at WBA and very restrictive circumstances, he was robbed at Huddersfield in play off final too! WBA were extremely unlucky not to have beaten us at the KP and have played some very good football despite the problems!

He also extended his contract at WBA even knowing the financial predicament would have him at a disadvantage and hamstrung. 

Whoever the choice there will be a v vocal percentage against , for playing style, haircut, clothes or just the fact he's Spanish and they had a bad package holiday in Benidorm once!

Corberan for me 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Think everyone is trying to block that link out!!! 

Yep, I posted it on Transfer Talk and the Mods deleted it! They obviously don't like to rely on our Scandinavian friends!

Edited by bald reynard

Was listening to TalkSport last night, don't get me wrong they WUM but they posed the question;

"Maresca to Chelsea, looks like Leicester want Corberan, are Leicester getting the better deal?"

Also Andy Jacobs (Chelsea fan) is fuming with the decision.

It remains to be seen but shows the underwhelming and regard Maresca is held in.

24 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

it's a strong "No" from me.... 

image.png.ba97de43fa617fdda88b35418a7391aa.png

1 minute ago, Outfox the Fox said:

I agree - though perhaps him and Will Still together (again, naturally !) might be a better option.

Actually, that could work.  Trouble is, who'd be the 'main man' - I would guess Still wouldn't want to be a Number 2 again.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

As some ITK are saying we haven't even got money to pay any compo money atall I believe David Pleat , Frank McLintock and Peter Taylor are available!

I'm not atall ITK, however, I doubt that opinion is correct whilst categorically stating that's just my opinion.

Personally ,bearing in mind our financial restrictions squad and aims I think Corberan would be a good shout.

He's had zero money at WBA and very restrictive circumstances, he was robbed at Huddersfield in play off final too! WBA were extremely unlucky not to have beaten us at the KP and have played some very good football despite the problems!

He also extended his contract at WBA even knowing the financial predicament would have him at a disadvantage and hamstrung. 

Whoever the choice there will be a v vocal percentage against , for playing style, haircut, clothes or just the fact he's Spanish and they had a bad package holiday in Benidorm once!

Corberan for me 

Garcia & Still won't cost anything (to KP) !

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 1

I actually rate Enzo, but Maresca to Chelsea and Kompany to Bayern are two of the strangest appointments I've seen for a while.

Might be wildly inaccurate but it probably shows the influence that agents wield in the game.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Was listening to TalkSport last night, don't get me wrong they WUM but they posed the question;

"Maresca to Chelsea, looks like Leicester want Corberan, are Leicester getting the better deal?"

Also Andy Jacobs (Chelsea fan) is fuming with the decision.

It remains to be seen but shows the underwhelming and regard Maresca is held in.

Seen quite a lot of fans of other clubs thinking that Corberan would be an upgrade

West Brom fans seem like they will be absolutely gutted if they lose him

Enzo did a very good job for us and he doesn’t leave with a bitter taste. But it’s entirely unwarranted he gets the Chelsea job yet, I think he’ll have wanted to leave after his open the air talks with our board and probably can’t believe his luck. But the Chelsea job is a huge step up and it could go horribly wrong for his career. 

Trusting our board to get his replacement and the long list over other things they need to get right this summer is hard to feel confident they’ll get right. 

7 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I actually rate Enzo, but Maresca to Chelsea and Kompany to Bayern are two of the strangest appointments I've seen for a while.

Might be wildly inaccurate but it probably shows the influence that agents wield in the game.

Think it's more to do with the brainwashing of possession based football and Pep.

Yes it works and is hugely successful for Pep and Man City, doesn't mean it works for everyone else.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Think it's more to do with the brainwashing of possession based football and Pep.

Yes it works and is hugely successful for Pep and Man City, doesn't mean it works for everyone else.

Maresca, Kompany do they get their jobs without the Pep association?

I'm a big Corberan fan, one of the best "out of possession" coaches around and think his style suits our fanbase. 

However, do struggle to see how we go from asking Enzo to get us playing like Man City to getting in a counter attacking coach. Shows the planning side isn't aligned.

I wonder if a Potter/Carrick type of coach would suit better who just let's the handbrake off a little more than Enzo, although defensively that would leave risks.

15 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Are there any other heavy metal football managers out there like Klopp?

Dominic Tedesco describes himself as a manager who likes his teams to win the ball back quickly and loves attacking, but with a structure that controls transitions.

The trouble is he's the Belgium manager and has only been there since February 2023. He's been sacked by Schalke and Leipzig but his win percentage at both clubs is above 50%, he guided Schalke to second in the league and won the German Cup with Leipzig.

Maybe worth considering as the one after the next if we're in a decent position.