Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I'm honestly not sure what direction the club is headed now. It was pretty clear when Enzo was appointed that Top wanted to bring an elite football style to the team. But can we really achieve that in the Premier League without significant investment? Was Enzo told there was no money available, and did that play a part in his decision to leave? At least we're set to get the £10 million for this year's FFP and maybe we can use that to attract a quality manager with a decent signing bonus to entice someone big in and say give it your best shot pal

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don't think this is true personally, the club would of made some sort of plans to create money whether that be through player sales etc. The compensation for Enzo was unexpected and would not have been accounted for, paying £4-5m for a new staff team would still leave us £5-6m in the profit. I would like to think the club are not stupid, next season is just as vital as the season just been, I can't see them picking a lesser option for the sake of a couple of million, I genuinely think they would rather sell KDH than go that route. 

I can not help but realise you are very negative at the minute Fin, everything okay?

It's always been the Leicester way to save on transfer fees and compensation.. go for players who are either out of contract or running down their contract.  we will likely do that with our managers too , considering we ARE in quite a financial predicament..

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

I'm honestly not sure what direction the club is headed now. It was pretty clear when Enzo was appointed that Top wanted to bring an elite football style to the team. But can we really achieve that in the Premier League without significant investment? Was Enzo told there was no money available, and did that play a part in his decision to leave? At least we're set to get the £10 million for this year's FFP and maybe we can use that to attract a quality manager with a decent signing bonus to entice someone big in and say give it your best shot pal

it will go straight towards trying to become compliant for this past season..

Just now, MPH said:

it will go straight towards trying to become compliant for this past season..

when do books close and re open again? Assume we dont get anyone in until then

Just now, les-tah said:

when do books close and re open again? Assume we dont get anyone in until then

The release of fixtures will be on 18th June so im going to assume it will be the start of that week ( could be wrong)

I'd like to think we at least have some deals in place by then and that Rudders won't leave it until then to start negotiating!

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

With me yes. With the club? Unfortunately not. 

To be honest, whilst I hear what you are saying about the club I don't think they are penny pinching as much as you may think they are. The transfer of Cannon for example shows they aren't. Whether they should be is a different question and a question I am sure we will all find out very soon. With regards to us not being an attractive proposition, I don't know why you think we are such an awful option. Many, many good managers will do anything to have a chance at the premier league regardless of circumstances just to have a chance to prove themselves in the big leagues. There is a lot of ego's in football management and the majority want to prove they can cope with the best. Are we in a financial situation for the likes of Ten Haag or Mourinho that for some reason people believe to be realistic, of course not. But 4-5m for an entire backroom staff I personally believe is well within the picture. 

Another thing, do you believe a coach like Corbean would take our job if we hadn't got promoted and remained in the championship? I personally believe he would so if he would be willing to take it in the championship then I have no doubt he will take the job in the premier league. 

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

It's always been the Leicester way to save on transfer fees and compensation.. go for players who are either out of contract or running down their contract.  we will likely do that with our managers too , considering we ARE in quite a financial predicament..

I would have to massively disagree with you there if anything recent times have shown that is one area we are massively lacking and end up spending big on players and managers at the peak of their careers resulting in us paying over inflated prices. 

In fact in the past 5 years the only free agents we have brought in are Ryan Bertrand and Alex Smithies so if anything it is far from the Leicester way. 

For me we have to move quick, we need someone in before the players come back for pre season. 

I'm not really fussed who if I'm honest. We have the foundations to play a few different styles so most would fit. 

They just need to be up for a fight and the fans have to back who ever it is! need to remember who ever comes in it isn't their fault we are in such a mess financially. 

• Like 1

Just now, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I’ll get slated for this but I’d see if Xavi would at least interview.

No slating from me. I admire your optimism…..as I would any creepy old man who you see in court reports for stalking supermodels or celebrities he’s no chance with. 

• Haha 4

Do the bookies odds / pecking orders alter with the amount of bets on a name or the value of the bets? Just thought if we all put a quid on Robins then head to the Chaventry forum it'll be the best spent quid ever :P

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

No slating from me. I admire your optimism…..as I would any creepy old man who you see in court reports for stalking supermodels or celebrities he’s no chance with. 

There’s two ways of looking at the points deduction - one way is why would I bother going there and another is what have I got to lose? Kompany took Burnley down and is off Bayern. If he kept us up his reputation would be hugely enhanced. I’d say it’s worth asking . . 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Do the bookies odds / pecking orders alter with the amount of bets on a name or the value of the bets? Just thought if we all put a quid on Robins then head to the Chaventry forum it'll be the best spent quid ever :P

Yes and imagine in this case if you put say £500 on him he odds would literally fall through the floor ! 

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

"Hello?"

"Hi. Is that Xavi?"

"Who wants to know?"

"This is Jon Rudkin here."

"Who?"

"Jon Rudkin."

"Sorry. No idea."

"Y'know, Rudders. The Rudkinator. Director of Football for the world famous King Power Football Club."

*hangs up phone*

Rukin then Whatsapps the 'LCFC Awesome Leaders group':

Top, i'm 80% sure i got your man!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would have to massively disagree with you there if anything recent times have shown that is one area we are massively lacking and end up spending big on players and managers at the peak of their careers resulting in us paying over inflated prices. 

In fact in the past 5 years the only free agents we have brought in are Ryan Bertrand and Alex Smithies so if anything it is far from the Leicester way. 

what i can say is that its been a policy for us to go for players towards the end of their contract to save on fees.

whether that has worked out in practicality, is of course open for discussion.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

"Hello?"

"Hi. Is that Xavi?"

"Who wants to know?"

"This is Jon Rudkin here."

"Who?"

"Jon Rudkin."

"Sorry. No idea."

"Y'know, Rudders. The Rudkinator. Director of Football for the world famous King Power Football Club."

*hangs up phone*

Quite possibly but who cares, nothing to lose. 

3 minutes ago, the draper said:

You think that stuff last year was elite ? 

It was awful at times 

Painful infect 

Who ever comes in will be better equipped than Enzo was for a dog fight 

He only had one plan 

I said top wanted Elite not me 🤣

• Haha 1