Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Have to disagree, if the owners decide to sell up in the next season or two an interim manager is best.

Interim manager is a joke concept now managers can come and go after several bad results

Just now, WoodyFox said:

Interim manager is a joke concept now managers can come and go after several bad results

I don't think we should appoint an interim manager but under the circumstances we've got ourselves into I don't think we should be handing out more than a 2 year deal unless it's a real coup

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think we should appoint an interim manager but under the circumstances we've got ourselves into I don't think we should be handing out more than a 2 year deal unless it's a real coup

Surely this massively limits our options

Just now, WoodyFox said:

Surely this massively limits our options

Potentially. On the other hand it's an ambitious manager with a lot of self belief that takes the job. I guess there's a lot of ways to look at it. It's a tricky appointment in all honesty 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Had no idea Potter was being paid by Chelsea until he accepted another job? Would make sense why he’s been unemployed for so long.

yeah no rush to get back into football at all, He can sit pretty until the perfect gig lands at his feet. 

when you have a 5 year contract like he had, the club won’t want to pay it all in a lump sum as that would mess with ffp. So usually an agreement comes to pay it over those 5 years or until a new job is accepted. 

There was a very public look into jose’s when he left spurs. Him accepting the roma job technically lost him around 8m or so if i remember correctly. But Jose is all about the football. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if after the success of enzo we look at someone’s number 2

The way you've phrased that makes us sound like the footballing equivalent of Gillian McKeith. Get your Tupperware out and at the ready.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Haha 1

Where the concern lays for me now is that there are very big decisions which need making over the next couple of weeks about the squad now and pre-season preparations. We have the football knowledge of a flea at the club in situ right now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Have to disagree, if the owners decide to sell up in the next season or two an interim manager is best.

To be honest I think it's probably stepping over the line of decency to ask any potential candidates if they're into rimming.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Marsch won't happen he just took over our canadian men's national team 

I'm sure once he turned up to work they will be more than happy for him to talk to a PL team.

Would rather have genital warts than Jesse Marach.

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I'm sure once he turned up to work they will be more than happy for him to talk to a PL team.

Would rather have genital warts than Jesse Marach.

It's canada we are talking about. Lampard turned us down. We would take preki if we could.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

It'll be Corberan. Feel like we're more likely to attract a manager from the championship instead of someone like Potter who will view himself as bigger than the job. It's gonna be a tall order for whoever takes it

Who do you think is likely to offer a role to Potter?  Big 6/7 is unlikely and if he thinks he’s bigger than us then that takes out most teams in the bottom of the PL. Doesn’t leave a lot.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Who do you think is likely to offer a role to Potter?  Big 6/7 is unlikely and if he thinks he’s bigger than us then that takes out most teams in the bottom of the PL. Doesn’t leave a lot.

England.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Probably the likes of Brighton, West Ham etc. More secure clubs than ourselves 

I don't think he's above us personally