Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

26 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/28/leicester-city-enzo-maresca-replacements-chelsea/

I agree with this: 

First on the list of bosses to consider is Niko Kovac, who has been out of work since March.

He left VfL Wolfsburg following a tricky 2023/24 campaign but his previous work should not be ignored as Leicester City hunt for a new boss. Kovac won the domestic treble with Bayern Munich in the 2018/19 season, his first after earning a step up from Eintracht Frankfurt.

The 52-year-old also found success in France with Monaco. Now, a shot in England with someone like Leicester after his Wolfsburg stint could prove tempting.

Mate he has been sacked from virtually every Job in under a couple of years 🤣 

18 minutes ago, davieG said:
Leicester have been in discussions with Leeds manager Daniel Farke about a possible move to the Premier League club.
Farke is open to the opportunity and would want to bring Summerville and Gnonto with him.

Farke that 

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

This is a huge throw out... Austin MacPhee mainly worked behind the scenes at clubs but most credit him for his great set peice coaching. Maybe a tad gamble but certainly not impossible. 

Part of same coaching team that got northern ireland to euro 2016.

Scotland to the recent euros and villas first champions league qualification in over 30 years. 

Maybe hes just a positive jinx 😁

Isn’t he the bloke who looks like Jesus? I suppose we need a miracle. Why not!

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Be interesting to see full bsvks being full backs again

Kristiansen might have to stay 

Watch the kid have a storming euros, leave for Bologna on the agreed option to buy and then us struggle at left back next season …..

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm not the sort to see survival as an achievement, but we are right up against it this season. We have this far harder than Everton or Forest did. We don't have three teams as bad as last years promoted trio likely to prop us up.

The more I think about it the more I fancy Corberan. He isn't alien to working in tricky circumstances.

Why are we up against it? It won't be easy, and the right manager choice is important, but Southampton, Ipswich, Forest, Brighton, West Ham, Brentford, Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth could all be in the mix next season. We need to finish above 3 of those, and in some ways, I'm more confident now Enzo is gone.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2024 at 10:32, Leicesterpool said:

Rafa Bentiez may end up getting seeing as TOP wanted him before, he's available now so I guess he could be a phone call away. Not the worse appointment, but brand of football ain't pretty.

Would show zero planning 

On 27/05/2024 at 10:37, weller54 said:

Cooper!!?   Why?

Rather Tommy Cooper!

Cos I like the guy and the way he manages the team . as much as I hate forest they were stupid to get rid imho I think he would do a good job.  Same for Potter and Moyes

• Like 1

Christian Ilzer - head coach of Sturm Graz - the new Austrian Champions - even looks like Enzo.  

1 minute ago, Trent Steel said:

Cos I like the guy and the way he manages the team . as much as I hate forest they were stupid to get rid imho I think he would do a good job.  Same for Potter and Moyes

Rumours were he was providing team news to the players via Whatsapp. Did you watch much of Forest towards the end. Was horrible. Not sure there was much to like.

• Like 2

Itll be interesting to see who applies 

Steve Cooper

Steve Bruce

Nathan Jones

Dwight Yorke

Gary Rowett

Frank Lampard 

Gus Poyet

Will Stil

Paul Heckingbottom

Ole Gunnar Sojsaker

Rafa Benitez 

Simon Grayson

These cvs will be on the table no doubt, imagine being TOP and have to go through these desperate applications and pick out the best three to interview. Out of this lot who would be three to interview.

• Haha 2

So i think the Board have got a massive decision to make. Obviously.

But what i mean is, their choice of manager could go one of two ways. We need to decide sharpish what our priority is. Staying in the premier league, or building for the future. I personally am not sure if we have the finances for both.

so the new manager will have to decide, can we We can get us in  a few experienced heads who know how to survive in the prem?  but these might not have any sell-on value and could mean we might be scratching around the bottom 8 for 2-3 seasons. Or we could being in some young lads with potential yet they may not have the ability to make a massive contribution immediately and that could possible leave us flirting with relegation... yet in 2-3 years time they could be worth a pretty penny.. can we take that risk, though? ideally, we could buy 4  ish players worth 20m each who are young but good enough to contribute immediately and then a couple in on frees/ loans  to make up some numbers.

I dont think we are in the financial position to go for finished articles. We also have to consider who will or won't want to join a team starting the season with a possible 8-10 point deduction...

I think we will probably go for a non-English manager again, but its possibly going to be someone who is unheard of, someone who the pull of the prem might be   a carrot they cant refuse.  I think we will be 'shopping' in Scandinavia or Germany for a manager  and will look to exploit that market...

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Steve Cooper

Steve Bruce

Nathan Jones

Dwight Yorke

Gary Rowett

Frank Lampard 

Gus Poyet

Will Stil

Paul Heckingbottom

Ole Gunnar Sojsaker

Rafa Benitez 

Simon Grayson

These cvs will be on the table no doubt, imagine being TOP and have to go through these desperate applications and pick out the best three to interview. Out of this lot who would be three to interview.

Thank goodness Rooney just took a job...

26 minutes ago, the draper said:

Mate he has been sacked from virtually every Job in under a couple of years 🤣 

He’s been sacked from huge clubs though…… clubs that regularly dispense of their managers. 

13 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Steve Cooper

Steve Bruce

Nathan Jones

Dwight Yorke

Gary Rowett

Frank Lampard 

Gus Poyet

Will Stil

Paul Heckingbottom

Ole Gunnar Sojsaker

Rafa Benitez 

Simon Grayson

I get we've made leftfield appointments in the past but where have you plucked some most of those names from?! :crylaugh: 

• Like 1