Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

This is the same Steve Cooper who couldn't get Forest out of the bottom six, despite a budget of squillions (more than he'd have with us).

And the same Cooper whose side used to regularly get battered on the road - including against us when we'd made the worst start in Premier League history.

Aiyawatt and Rudkin aren't the sharpest tools in the drawer, but even they would steer clear of a choice like that.

Wouldn't they?

1 minute ago, accessory said:

This is the same Steve Cooper who couldn't get Forest out of the bottom six, despite a budget of squillions (more than he'd have with us).

And the same Cooper whose side used to regularly get battered on the road - including against us when we'd made the worst start in Premier League history.

Aiyawatt and Rudkin aren't the sharpest tools in the drawer, but even they would steer clear of a choice like that.

Wouldn't they?

👀

I dont think Mark Robins would be a bad shout. Played for us, sets up an exciting side that has taken down multiple prem sides and us this season with hardly any investment. 

He would be a leftfield shout, but he has done his dues.

• Like 3

Cooper needs to move to the south west. If the water company carried on the way they’re going, he’ll look perfectly normal down there in a few years! 

• Haha 1

Imagine this has been mentioned before but, allegedly, given that our financial position is horrific, it would be someone currently out of work or on a VERY cheap compensation structure. 

I'm Very worried it will be Parker

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good thread on Corberan

I'm no expert, but it seems the full backs have an important role (and overlap) and he doesn't do the inverted stuff, so this will keep a lot of our fans happy. Maybe a future for Victor then, although Ricardo worries me if they need to cover a lot of ground. JJ probably will do well if he can stay injury free. Seems like energy in midfield is important so KDH would be important if he stays. Double runner stuff with fullbacks is interesting. Wingers are expected to attack quickly which would probably suit Fatawu, and doesnt seem like they are expected to hug the wing, which could be good for Mavadidi who i felt was good when he was a bit more central.  Seems the DM is a really important role so will need to recruit well. Getting forward quickly seems to feed off our better play when we transitioned up the field quickly rather than slow buildup. Doesn't feel like there is a future for Vesty in this type of system, but Coady and Nelson should be good, especially the latter who is good with the ball and quick, and CD stay deep so no Faes bombing forward. Doesn't seem a natural place for Soumare if he was going to come back. 

Worry about defensive minded midfielders really. Winks is a bit lightweight and better as the recycler, Ndidi has gone, Soumare was crap at that role.  Seems like he favours a single striker who drops deep, but the LW plays a bit more centrally like we saw Enzo experiment with Cannon a few times so when compact it will feel like 2 up top especially with the fullbacks playing advanced roles. 

Seems like a lot to like and maybe makes good use of what we have. All the analysis presumes he won't change his approach for more resources available. Fully expect to be told i understand nothing.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Morgan and MON both have Forest connection but people soon get over it. 

Club will take time to get the right appointment so any links in the next few days unlikely to have any truth. I suspect a majority have all come from FoxesTalk anyway.

We won't have anyone in for 7-10+ days, expect a lot of click bait articles and agents pushing their clients names into things like the Athletic.

I suppose at least we have the luxury of time, having this happen so early. However, with PSR hanging over us, I'm thinking sales will still happen?

Also, I guess those out of contract, who might have stayed under Enzo will now go. No idea where this will leave Vards, but I bet the club won't want to lose him now 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, joeybside said:

Imagine this has been mentioned before but, allegedly, given that our financial position is horrific, it would be someone currently out of work or on a VERY cheap compensation structure. 

I'm Very worried it will be Parker

Good point, Moyes it is then

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Salieri said:

Corberán now drifted to 4/1, still the favourite though. Bookies clearly haven’t got a scooby atm. 

When the club hasn't , the bookies have no chance. 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

No thanks

It's actually funny how we're all (myself included) very dismissive of Steve Cooper, yet are fawning over Carlos Corberan, who literally lost to Steve Cooper in the play-off final to get promoted to the premier league. Granted, there were two shocking refereeing decisions in that game, but it's still funny. He's also kept a team in the Premier league, something that Corberan hasn't done. 

I suppose the unknown is more appealing to us with Corberan. We don't know  how Corberan's football would fare in the premier league. Cooper's football at the end with Forest was diabolical and even in the season where he kept Forest up, many of their fans felt he was out if his depth at this level from a tactical perspective and that it was pure gusto that got them over the line. 

34 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I dont think Mark Robins would be a bad shout. Played for us, sets up an exciting side that has taken down multiple prem sides and us this season with hardly any investment. 

He would be a leftfield shout, but he has done his dues.

He's done a good job but he was well backed this season, they only spent a little less then us