Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

33 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

You know what, we're probably going to go down, so we may as well do it in the most chaotic fashion possible. At least none of us would be bored watching it. 

That’s my theory on Bielsa. Whatever happens it’ll be fun! 

9 hours ago, blockheadder said:

Why are we up against it? It won't be easy, and the right manager choice is important, but Southampton, Ipswich, Forest, Brighton, West Ham, Brentford, Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth could all be in the mix next season. We need to finish above 3 of those, and in some ways, I'm more confident now Enzo is gone.

Because we're likely to have a points deduction and likely to have to sell key players in the next month. It's not an impossible job. But we're favourites to drop for a fairly good reason.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I’m still on the fence with Corberan I think we should go for potter knows how to evolve a team with a low budget and knows how to frustrate the big boys, also needs to get back into football before he’s lost in the managers forgotten wasteland !

He is at risk of being the New Dave O’leary 

11 minutes ago, lfu said:

poach Vincenzo Italiano from Fiorentina

For the sole reason that it means we can re-use this banner 👀

1_Banner.jpg

Will never happen but I'd love Italiano here

• Like 1

Nobody has a clue yet so I wouldn’t even bother looking at odds that aren’t based on any intel. 

Maresca wasn’t on any bookies shortlist until he was close to being appointed. 

Posted (edited)

So do LCFC try to go "Go big" on a new manager and try to get back on the progress we were making before the relegation season?

Or do we play safe and get a lesser name who commands less £ and we all live in hope he comes good here?

Edited by ElusiveEd

I think we can rule Potter out. I'd be very surprised if he takes a club job this summer. He knows Southgate is probably leaving the England job, and Potter has to be very high up on the list of potential replacements. 

Prior to what David Ornstein said about Cooper, did feel he was one to watch as his profile as a manager will probably suit what the club is looking for. Not my first choice but he's potentially a good option. Looking at the other contenders, the standouts at the moment are probably Graham Potter (unlikely), Moyes and Corberan.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

So do LCFC try to go "Go big" on a new manager and try to get back on the progress we were making before the relegation season?

Or do we play safe and get a lesser name who commands less £ and we all live in hope he comes good here?

Low budget manager, sell on players and remember our winning formula. Thinking that we are bigger only leeds to high wages and unrealistic expectations and then relegation, and then the pain.

1 minute ago, dr.o.ball said:

Low budget manager, sell on players and remember our winning formula. Thinking that we are bigger only leeds to high wages and unrealistic expectations and then relegation, and then the pain.

Leeds :D

Posted (edited)

Any analysis out there on Coopers style / approach? I've watched Forest a few times in the Prem and at a complete loss to what style he had his teams playing. Couldn't work out if the were awful because of or despite of him. 

Edited by Chelmofox

Don't necessarily want Cooper but its interesting how people react to different managers who's achievements are similar, or even better. Happy with Corberan but don't want Cooper for example. 

56 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

It’s a tough call to be honest. Odds are stacked pretty heavily against us this season. So do we plan for possible and probable relegation or do we go for it?  Not sure those leading the club will have any real clue to be honest. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Those against cooper should remember that he took Forest from bottom of the championship to the premier league within the same season.

Was then given about 40 average players and was able to put a side together that stayed up at our expense.

By all accounts a decent coach, was dealing with an absolute lunatic of an owner and inspired his team to always give their all 

Then barely survived (without a points deduction) and got sacked.

Edited by phoneticerror

Cooper is the closest you’ll get to a Pearson type (galvaniser). Keeping Forest up was a decent achievement given the situation he found himself in, getting them there in the first place was far more impressive. 

• Like 1