Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

One of the first to throw his hat in the ring .

Cooper Wouldn't be my pick and not sure how the recruitment team would see this but at least someone is interested! 

Hopefully they don’t take the bait……. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1884andforever said:

Prior to what David Ornstein said about Cooper, did feel he was one to watch as his profile as a manager will probably suit what the club is looking for. Not my first choice but he's potentially a good option. Looking at the other contenders, the standouts at the moment are probably Graham Potter (unlikely), Moyes and Corberan.

It goes without saying we have to be realistic in terms of who we’ll be able to bring to the club. Wolves’ situation last summer was on a lesser scale to what ours is this summer, but we need to try and replicate what they did by appointing a manager who can work well within a challenging financial environment.

Edited by 1884andforever

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

One of the first to throw his hat in the ring .

Cooper Wouldn't be my pick and not sure how the recruitment team would see this but at least someone is interested! 

Applications in from a R Sunak and D Abbott I'm hearing too.

2 minutes ago, 1884andforever said:

It goes without saying we have to be realistic in terms of who we’ll be able to bring to the club. Wolves’ situation last summer was on a lesser scale to what ours is this summer, but we need to try and replicate what they did by appointing a manager who can work well within a challenging financial predicament.

This is where Potter would be ideal !

I think in some cases it’s better to poach a manager, because orettt much the entire backroom is ****ing off, a manager leaving another club will likely bring their staff with them. 

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think in some cases it’s better to poach a manager, because orettt much the entire backroom is ****ing off, a manager leaving another club will likely bring their staff with them. 

If you sack the manager, you can hand the job over to the backroom team but you have to pay the contract out. If they get poached the contract is bought and you lose all the staff. Sucks either way.

I think people need to get real with where we are at. We just aren’t going to attract a top manager with the situation we are in. Cooper wouldn’t be terrible. What is the major difference between his record and corberans? He’s got a team promoted, developed players, kept a team up and was thrown 20 new players (by the owner) and told to finish top half straight away. If he is interested and wants to take the challenge I don’t think it would be the worst move. 

11 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think people need to get real with where we are at. We just aren’t going to attract a top manager with the situation we are in. Cooper wouldn’t be terrible. What is the major difference between his record and corberans? He’s got a team promoted, developed players, kept a team up and was thrown 20 new players (by the owner) and told to finish top half straight away. If he is interested and wants to take the challenge I don’t think it would be the worst move. 

Moyes over Cooper any day of the week.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Screenshot_20240529_110456_Chrome.jpg

You're doing a grand job for SkyBet.

Managed to get Struber and Cuesta on there since this thread started lol 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Corberan has no EPL experience ... we need someone with the nouse to find 45 points.   Moyes or cooper for me... I know it's not sexy.

Yet Top will want a name.... 

Potter would be a good signing imo

Edited by foxinsocks

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You're doing a grand job for SkyBet.

Managed to get Struber and Cuesta on there since this thread started lol 

I got Struber at 66-1 . 

Cuesta ...? Nothing to do with me!. 

Not one I've considered tbh.

13 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

All the anecdotal stuff is great for Forest (until they dumped him), but none of that is guaranteed to translate to another setup. Also, there were lots of rumours of pretty poor man management going on from him. However, most important thing is knowing how he will likely set the team up, how he will get the best out of players etc. But nobody seems to know how Cooper really sets his team up or how he likes to play?  I've watched Forest a few times and am at a complete loss to it. If he gets interviewed, lets hope he has a bloody good story and wins our management team over.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Why would Vestergaard entertain a one year deal? 

To be honest I can't see him getting another premier league contract unless Southampton want him back, I'm sure he would want to stay here, and he would give us a bit of stability even if he's not starting every week. I'd imagine he would accept a 1 year deal with an extension option for appearances. He may want to take up the alledged Saudi offer unless we offer a 2 year deal.  

Edited by cityfanlee23

18 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

If Cooper had the same cv but with another club other than Forest I'm fairly sure more would find him acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Those against cooper should remember that he took Forest from bottom of the championship to the premier league within the same season.

Was then given about 40 average players and was able to put a side together that stayed up at our expense.

By all accounts a decent coach, was dealing with an absolute lunatic of an owner and inspired his team to always give their all 

Just look a Forest fans reaction, they were gutted and were more miffed at the chairman. We could a lot worse and if it’s about doing the best with what you got he is that type of manager. An extreme departure away from Enzo’a rigid style. 

Personally, Corberan seems he can get a tune out of little resource but think he’s style while flexible will get the juices flowing. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I got Struber at 66-1 . 

Cuesta ...? Nothing to do with me!. 

Not one I've considered tbh.

Please tell me there's nothing on Struber, the blokes one of the biggest frauds going in the game, as incompetent as they come, and a bit of a d!ck. We'd do well to stay well clear. 

Edited by LcFc_Smiv

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Screenshot_20240529_110456_Chrome.jpg

I know I have said it before, but half of those names on this list won’t touch us with a barge pole. Especially as we don’t know the size of the points deduction we are facing. No manager with a semi decent reputation will agree to take a job where they are starting off with -8 points. Especially if as rumored, we  will be penny pinching this window..

Edit: I’m sorry, Fin, if this post makes it sound like I was getting at  you, that wasn’t my intention.

Edited by MPH