Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

There's plenty of information available on him from the usual sources, YouTube etc, I think one video about him was posted on his thread in the transfer section of this forum. 

I'm no expert on him but he seems to offer the flexibility and pragmatism many on here have been howling for.  His teams can play good, possesion based football with a high press meaning some continuity with what we had.

However, he does set up to be difficult to break down and to attack on the counter when he thinks it's necessary.  I think he tends to use a double pivot so something like a 4-2-3-1 formation. The wingbacks are important and WBA put in a lot of successful  crosses last year.

For me, from the little I've watched and read, be offers a bit of something for the purists and also those who want to see slightly quicker, more incisive forward play on transition.  

He has achieved this in difficult circumstances with a limited budget, which again may well suit our needs at the moment.  He's young, he's ambitious. 

I'd be quite satisfied with his appointment over some of the tired, old, experienced manager names being bandied about.  

Also schooled under Bielsa at Leeds when he was in charge of their U23’s. Bielsa highly valued his input apparently

• Like 2

Corboran for me. Did great job at Huddersfield and West Brom. Seems to know his stuff when interviewed. Similar in the way we play now but willing to attack a bit quicker when necessary. Has clearly made players better wherever he has been. Seems a down to earth guy too.

16 minutes ago, Richard said:

It’s a shame this got buried under a discussion of Moyes’ tactics

I refuse to lower myself to posts about eating pubes for likes

• Haha 2

For me it's between Corberan and Cooper.  When looking behind the face at Cooper, there's a decent manager in there, I think he could be the right man.  Bit of old school grit with a splash of Technical know how.  Cooper for me.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

There's plenty of information available on him from the usual sources, YouTube etc, I think one video about him was posted on his thread in the transfer section of this forum. 

I'm no expert on him but he seems to offer the flexibility and pragmatism many on here have been howling for.  His teams can play good, possesion based football with a high press meaning some continuity with what we had.

However, he does set up to be difficult to break down and to attack on the counter when he thinks it's necessary.  I think he tends to use a double pivot so something like a 4-2-3-1 formation. The wingbacks are important and WBA put in a lot of successful  crosses last year.

For me, from the little I've watched and read, be offers a bit of something for the purists and also those who want to see slightly quicker, more incisive forward play on transition.  

He has achieved this in difficult circumstances with a limited budget, which again may well suit our needs at the moment.  He's young, he's ambitious. 

I'd be quite satisfied with his appointment over some of the tired, old, experienced manager names being bandied about.  

Cheers mate - good overview 

• Like 1

Whoever comes in, I hope they pay a lot more attention to our attacking set pieces. Again, last season we were largely woeful in this regard and yet you can get so many cheap goals from corners and free kicks - Everton basically stayed up this season this way, with over 50% of their goals coming from set pieces. Being good at set pieces, coupled with being solid at the back, means you can win games against far superior opposition, who in general play will inevitably dominate. MON's team were another great example of this approach. To be honest, Arsenal showed last season that even the top teams can gain an advantage over competitors by improving their productivity from set pieces. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The more time I spend researching Corberan the more he goes up my list. 

They were the best team I saw live this season, granted I missed Leeds, Saints and Ipswich lol 

We were extremely lucky against them in April. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Whoever comes in, I hope they pay a lot more attention to our attacking set pieces. Again, last season we were largely woeful in this regard and yet you can get so many cheap goals from corners and free kicks - Everton basically stayed up this season this way, with over 50% of their goals coming from set pieces. Being good at set pieces, coupled with being solid at the back, means you can win games against far superior opposition, who in general play will inevitably dominate. MON's team were another great example of this approach. To be honest, Arsenal showed last season that even the top teams can gain an advantage over competitors by improving their productivity from set pieces. 

100% we’ve been crap for years at attacking them. Defending was better this season but couldn’t get any worse.