Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

So no one has any insights to how Cooper likes to setup?

From what I saw of Forest under him in the PL, he played a very deep block, protected by a couple of CDMs, and relied on 2 or 3 fast players to hit teams on the counter on the rare occasions they had the ball. In quite a few games they had possession in the low 20s.

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

From what I saw of Forest under him in the PL, he played a very deep block, protected by a couple of CDMs, and relied on 2 or 3 fast players to hit teams on the counter on the rare occasions they had the ball. In quite a few games they had possession in the low 20s.

Marvelous. Thanks :) 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Appointing someone with zero managerial experience is insanity. Total insanity.

Arteta has done an awful job at Arsenal to be fair, you're right 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Arteta has done an awful job at Arsenal to be fair, you're right 

Arteta had three years of experience under the best manager in the world. What has Esteban had? 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Same here. I doubt its 4mil release clause either. 

I saw numbers of about £2-3m when Leeds were interested, but even if it is £4m, it seems a lot for a manager, but considering just how much value we get if they can lift the club and keep us up, I'd rather gamble £4m on Corberan to come in and mould the club than buy a bang average Championship defender for double that price. 

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Appointing someone with zero managerial experience is insanity. Total insanity. 

Well we appointed Enzo and the only previous job he had was a cock up!

I'm not saying Cambiasso should be the manager but I don't think he's been idol since he retired. Arteta is doing well and I'm sure that there are a number of first time managers over the years that have done good things. Cambiasso has after all played under and with some of the best in the world. We all witnessed his professionalism and persona here when on the pitch. I'd far sooner back him than some of the names in the betting!

• Like 2

Cooper is a good Championship manager, jury out in the PL.

Spent an absolute fortune at Forest and barely stayed up, although I doubt many were his signings. The whole time Forest were in the Prem under him he was on the verge of the sack and would usually dig a result out when he needed it. A battering at Leicester springs to mind when he was expected to be sacked after it.

With a lack of money, a points deduction and a Championship level squad I couldn't see him doing much. Plus he wouldn't have the bond with the crowd he had at our main rivals, in fact it'd work against him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Bring him in. :)

We have the players for fast counter.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Again, Enzo had EXPERIENCE with the best manager in the world. 

People saying Cambiasso are advocating appointing someone who, from what I can see, has stood on the touchline 5 times as an assistant for an international side, SIX years ago. With nothing at all since then. Basing it off a rumour that he gave some team talks to Matty James and Paul Konchesky SEVEN years ago. 

Quite a few brought to the table of the socalled "experienced" managers have not been very successful despite their experience. So a good coaching team behind Cambiasso might work as well as the usual suspects on the manager merry go round

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Cambiasso?

Please - No. This needs to stop. 

Can I start blocking people that mention this. 

6 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Quite a few brought to the table of the socalled "experienced" managers have not been very successful despite their experience. So a good coaching team behind Cambiasso might work as well as the usual suspects on the manager merry go round

Surely Esteban can bring a management team with him, if he is a viable candidate? Who do you think he'll lean on?

3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Please do!

He’s got no experience and has never taken another job in football, despite doing his badges with Maresca.