Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

There’s a lot of (unknown) talent out there. The guy at Bournemouth, Palace new manager (albeit it be good to see how he deals with next season) are people not necessarily household names before coming. However, they’ve adapted and implemented successful styles. 

Enzo was the first manager we hired outside the tried, tested, experienced range. And frankly it was a nice though risky. 

The club may have significant problems but it has a lot going for it. Players like Alves and Braybrooke coming through. Fatawu and Mavididi entering the unknown and could be revelations in the PL. every silver lining etc. 

I’m hoping the Enzo success has shown the powers that be the benefit of a calculated risk and we are casting our net far and wide. A bit of out of the box, calculated risk taking could be needed this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Will Still will sign elsewhere and we'll end up with another boring manager like Corberan. 

Will Still is a massive fraud. One win in his last 14 games and got sacked. Corberan would be a much better option. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

Do we know what style of football he plays @Ric Flair?

Got some similarities to Enzo in wingers being put in 1 v 1 situations as much as possible. Prefers possession based football to control games but he will look to deploy fast attacking 4-3-3 football.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/3509301/2022/08/16/ruud-van-nistelrooy-psv/

48 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Perhaps.

Obviously take this with a pinch of salt, but heard that the owner and prospective new manager met in London yesterday and has unofficially agreed to join.

He was the club's first choice, but apparently he changed his mind after initially declining the opportunity a couple of weeks ago.

Source: A former box holder of over 20 years who used to have dealings with the club.

Declined the opportunity a couple of weeks ago? Did we know Enzo was likely to be off that long back or had he upset Top by calling Rudkin out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

RVN wasn't really universally adored at PSV and I don't think the style of football would really be what Top is after. 

He also had significant problems with his dressing room, pretty much the opposite of Enzo. 

Gone off him after reading your post 🙄

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Perhaps.

Obviously take this with a pinch of salt, but heard that the owner and prospective new manager met in London yesterday and has unofficially agreed to join.

He was the club's first choice, but apparently he changed his mind after initially declining the opportunity a couple of weeks ago.

Source: A former box holder of over 20 years who used to have dealings with the club.

This is making me think it's Jose for some reason

• Haha 2

There's only one thing for it. Get the band back together:

Vardy installed as player/manager with Andy King and Nugent as assistants

Schmeichel replaces the Birch

Wasilewski and Huth as coaches -  to beat down on anyone who doesn't do as told

Mahrez in charge of contract small print (poacher turned game keeper)

Kante in on accounts to bamboozle the auditors and double count all income.

Morgan can shake up the booze suppliers, Drinkwater on corporate hospitality. 

Fuchs on club shop and merch

Ulloa on fame management and how we see out the last 10 minutes.

Okazaki to release a new version of when you're smiling (his little face!)

Danny Simpson on social media and pr

Albrighton driving the bus

De Laet and Nathan Dyer managing loans

Schlupp on odd jobs. 

Chilwell on receiving the ball and playing it back inside to the centre half

• Haha 2

I'd definitely take Cooper, think he got a bit of a raw deal at Forest and is a good manager.

That being said, I've not seen a great deal to suggest he's a possession at all costs kind of man, so I think he can be chalked off the list unless we're taking a dramatic change from our previous appointments since Ranieri.

• Like 1