Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

41 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Big Sam incoming 

Crack open the Bubbly! Champagne Football coming to the KP.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

RVN wasn't really universally adored at PSV and I don't think the style of football would really be what Top is after. 

He also had significant problems with his dressing room, pretty much the opposite of Enzo. 

RVN plays very similar possession based football to Enzo.

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Sounds like BS anyway tbh. No one knew two weeks ago that enzo was going for sure 

Hmmmmm I'm not so sure. Maybe not to Chelsea but could our board have been proactive for once if it seemed a genuine possibility he could be off this summer?

• Like 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Sounds like BS anyway tbh. No one knew two weeks ago that enzo was going for sure 

Just to say that Poch knew he was leaving before the final game 

it’s very likely that Chelsea had already identified enzo for their  shortlist 

they would have sounded out his agent 

there would have been discussions re a possible new deal at Lcfc and I’d be surprised if Chelsea’s potential interest hadn’t formed part of that 

it’s usual for properly run clubs to have a shortlist for a replacement coach (yeah I know ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Perhaps.

Obviously take this with a pinch of salt, but heard that the owner and prospective new manager met in London yesterday and has unofficially agreed to join.

He was the club's first choice, but apparently he changed his mind after initially declining the opportunity a couple of weeks ago.

Source: A former box holder of over 20 years who used to have dealings with the club.

If this is remotely close to accurate then I agree with the comment that it’ll be Potter. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmm I'm not so sure. Maybe not to Chelsea but could our board have been proactive for once if it seemed a genuine possibility he could be off this summer?

They’d have been mad not to given the Ballague moves. 

No.1 priority of a new manager should be no links with Ballague. 

• Haha 1

Would have thought the Sevilla links would have been stronger if he knew he was off. 

Don't buy it personally, it would be signed and sealed by now if talks began 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Would have thought the Sevilla links would have been stronger if he knew he was off. 

Don't buy it personally, it would be signed and sealed by now if talks began 2 weeks ago.

Sevilla are an absolute mess though off the field. If he thought it was bad here…

Just now, Sambiasso said:

Big Sue with the Gazump to announce that she tricked Eghbali into signing Leicester Nirvana's U13 coach (who just happens to look like Enzo from behind at a 100ft distance) in exchange for £300m per year for 100 years, injected directly into LCFC's bank accounts, here we go?

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Possibly, but Enzo referenced we tried to appoint him when Rodgers left and he said no. We then spent a few weeks recruiting a new manager when Smith left and it wasn't just a case of immediately offering and agreeing it with Enzo again.

Conversations may have been had hypothetically and now it seems he's going that it's back on the table.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I'd take Italiano from Fiorentina, certainly gets his side creating chances 

Why do they all want to look like Pep? Not another bald, beardy Italian :rolleyes:

Vincenzo Italiano » News

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

There’s a lot of (unknown) talent out there. The guy at Bournemouth, Palace new manager (albeit it be good to see how he deals with next season) are people not necessarily household names before coming. However, they’ve adapted and implemented successful styles. 

Enzo was the first manager we hired outside the tried, tested, experienced range. And frankly it was a nice though risky. 

The club may have significant problems but it has a lot going for it. Players like Alves and Braybrooke coming through. Fatawu and Mavididi entering the unknown and could be revelations in the PL. every silver lining etc. 

I’m hoping the Enzo success has shown the powers that be the benefit of a calculated risk and we are casting our net far and wide. A bit of out of the box, calculated risk taking could be needed this season. 

Iraola at Bournemouth is the real deal imo, genuinely think he’s one of the more exciting European managers. 100% gets a top 6 club in the coming seasons 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

He’s my number one pick. Given a points deduction and restricted transfer business we’re favourites to go down. 

For that reason I’d hire someone who can commit to a 3-5 year project who is talented but young, exciting and with something to prove. Corberan also fits the profile but Arsenal’s patterns of play are almost identical to Maresca’s. It would be a seamless transition. Additionally he is credited as massively developing Saka and Odegaard, which would benefit Fatawu and KDH. 

High risk, high reward appointment, but an exciting one!

He's 10 years younger than Vardy lol

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Izzy said:

He's 10 years younger than Vardy lol

Googled him born in 95 lol

Edited by Tuna

Posted (edited)

Build up looks very similar to Enzo. Seems he has a winger go into the 10, and the full back push up with the other full back slotting inside as a third CB. The shape ends up the same with a slightly different dynamic.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1