Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I would be happy for Moyes to come in and get backed in as much as he can be. He's achieved more than most british managers in the game, and built a side that achieved a lot at West Ham. We could do A LOT worse. I agree that i can see Maresca being gone by christmas, for one reason or another, even if we are 15th or 16th - because his style will have been put under a lot of pressure due to not having the perfect personnel. At Chelsea i think he would have them top 6 as he's got ready made players to play his style. 

We get Moyes then we’d probably end up with a centre back pairing of Vestergaard & Ogbonna, and a central midfield pairing of Boubakary Soumare & Cheikh Kouyate. 

Not from what i saw at West Ham. He had Bowen, Kudus, Paqueta, Antonio etc running on and they scored / conceded quite a lot after losing Declan Rice. 

In current set up, i live in terror of us constantly watching Vestergaard trying to lasoo or body slam a prem striker as they run through clean on goal after skinning him. 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

We get Moyes then we’d probably end up with a centre back pairing of Vestergaard & Ogbonna, and a central midfield pairing of Boubakary Soumare & Cheikh Kouyate. 

Id take Soucek, Fornal, Benrahma RIGHT NOW

If we're looking for a cheap option I'd go for Rosenior.

Lacks experience but so did McKenna when Ipswich appointed him .

Rosenior has done a great job at Hull. He wouldn't be expensive either.

Moyes although he has the experience, He has a different style of play to what we're currently following.

Do we really want to change again so soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

If we're looking for a cheap option I'd go for Rosenior.

Lacks experience but so did McKenna when Ipswich appointed him .

Rosenior has done a great job at Hull. He wouldn't be expensive either.

Moyes although he has the experience, He has a different style of play to what we're currently following.

Do we really want to change again so soon.

Yes

We will have to change. This style of play in the Prem with the squad we will have is doomed to failure.  

6 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Not from what i saw at West Ham. He had Bowen, Kudus, Paqueta, Antonio etc running on and they scored / conceded quite a lot after losing Declan Rice. 

In current set up, i live in terror of us constantly watching Vestergaard trying to lasoo or body slam a prem striker as they run through clean on goal after skinning him. 

Moyes is a guy who was 3-1 up on Newcastle, then decided to take off Antonio for Phillips and JWP off for Johnson, they ended up losing 4-3. 

His defensive mindset and decision making would drive our fans up the wall. 

32 minutes ago, westernpark said:

We’re getting Oscar Garcia and that’s it. I find it funny some of the names people are suggesting, because whilst they’re great suggestions, there is no way those conducting the recruitment process would even know their names.

Think Garcia will be at the front of the queue. They know him , he has experience at Brighton and Watford and will effectively cost nothing,

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Those saying Moyes, guess you think he'll be pragmatic, keep it tight at the back yeah?

I presume those saying Moyes only watch the snippets that end up on Match of the Day.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I wish people would stop saying Steve ****ing Cooper

I couldnt bear to watch some of the excrement he served up at Forest despite buying 850 players as season. 

Yep, wibble of the highest order

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

He’s off. He was on the 0845 East Mids Parkway- London St Pancras today 

:source:

He might just be going to the Chelsea Flower Show.

Edited by Wymsey

Rafa Bentiez may end up getting seeing as TOP wanted him before, he's available now so I guess he could be a phone call away. Not the worse appointment, but brand of football ain't pretty.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You disagree?  Perhaps explain then. 

Plenty of teams have been promoted while playing the kind of possession-based style that Enzo favours and then survived in the PL while continuing to play that style. Brighton, Fulham and Bournemouth are all recent examples. It doesn't always work - eg, Burnley - but quite often it does.

Enzo has said on a number of occasions that his style of play is specifically designed to succeed in the PL. We played the way we did last year because he wanted the players to get used to playing in the way that he believes will give us the best chance of re-establishing ourselves as a PL club. Our difficulties in the Championship invariably came against teams that played a low block and showed little attacking intent - we are unlikely to face those kind if tactics very often in the PL. We'll have less possession but more space to attack, which will suit us - our best performances last season all came in games where the opposition had a go at us, which pretty much all PL teams will. Yes, we need to improve the team in a number of areas, but with intelligent recruitment that will be possible. With a few smart buys in key positions I think we will have enough to stay up next season and move on from there.

Now,  please explain why Enzo's style of play is 'doomed to failure' in the PL.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Moyes would be the one for me but we'll probably end up with Russell Martin if Southampton don't go up. 

How Leicester would it be to employ a manager we tonked 9-1 on aggregate from Southampton after signing half of Southampton's defence from the 9-0?

On top of that he's one of the most inept, arrogant and insufferable managers in the world. I can't think of a worse appointment.

• Like 1