Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just to say that Poch knew he was leaving before the final game 

it’s very likely that Chelsea had already identified enzo for their  shortlist 

they would have sounded out his agent 

there would have been discussions re a possible new deal at Lcfc and I’d be surprised if Chelsea’s potential interest hadn’t formed part of that 

it’s usual for properly run clubs to have a shortlist for a replacement coach (yeah I know ) 

His agent, John Morris, is one of the only people who works with John Rudkin at a decent rate. It’s not out of the realms of possibility that this is a very nice tied up bow 

Edited by CosbehFox

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah it's more than fair to ask about the long term. We are in a situation where we are the shop window for managers and players to show what they can do before going to the elites. That's frustrating, but equally could be a lot worse as in no one wanting to come here at all!

The real problem with building long term is we don't have a proper DOF. Succession planning is a real thing and it feels like we don't have it. That said I think it's fair to say that this sequence of events was hard to predict.

I think by not having a perceived proper DOF, the fresh impetus of a new manager every year or two perhaps isn't a bad thing. Success is largely dependent on hitting the ground running and positively effecting the playing squad before a malaise or familiarity sets in and a drop off. It can be done.

• Like 2

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Jose would scrap with rudkin within 2 weeks. 

Rudkin would be so star struck he would be in a coma, so Jose come on down lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I think I'd actually shit my pants if it was Jose.

I don't think he's very good anymore and it'd probably be disastrous, but it's Jose.

Him and Vardy would be the ultimate pair of shithouses and it would be the most entertaining thing in the history of football. 

Jose would be a coup , the fan fare would be crazy. You are right it would probably end in tears but shithousery alongside Vardy it would be entertaining.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I think I'd actually shit my pants if it was Jose.

I don't think he's very good anymore and it'd probably be disastrous, but it's Jose.

Him and Vardy would be the ultimate pair of shithouses and it would be the most entertaining thing in the history of football. 

Yeah he’s just not very good anymore. And a twat. And we really shouldn’t even consider him. But **** me id love it we hired him. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Going down, going down, but going down with Jose for shits and giggles 

Imagine him ripping into the Premier league every week about FFP  and PSR at every press conference.  

Pure box office . 🤣

Edited by los dedos
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Screams of Southgate :cry:

Oh for the love of all things holy, Nooooooo.

If that ever happened I think I'd seriously have a mini break from football.  I don't think I could stand  W.W.W (Waistcoated. Woke. W@nker ) in our home dug out's managers seat.

I've seen more charisma in a corpse than that incompetent, talent stifling, buffoon.

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Haha 2