Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Because he's done a good job in difficult circumstances at Hudderdfield and West Brom. He plays attractive football, but he's pragmatic, he's worked with minimal wage/transfer budgets and gotten the best out of the players at his disposal.

Why do Chelsea think Enzo would be ok in the Premier League? Why did Arsenal think Arteta would be ok in the Premier League? Why are clubs after McKenna when he's had no Premier League experience? Why did Brighton appoint Graham Potter when he'd only had experience in the Championship and in Sweden? Why did Palace appoint Glasner? No PL experience there. Why did Bournemouth appoint Areola? He's not got any PL experience! Spurs must have been mad appointing Postecoglou, no PL experience at all! What were United thinking appointing Ten Hag? He's never managed in the PL.

I see what you are saying - yet we have not got a squad ready for success - in fact we have a need for say 45 points (so we can withstand a 10 point ish deduction) - I am sure corberan is a good guy and will do well when he gets to grips with the epl  - but do we want to bet on him?

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I agree with you on terms of the squad. 

I think our squad is better than forests, Bournemouth’s, Brentford’s at the very least! And with some clever additions it will only get stronger.

However, what we need is a manager who can maximise the potential within the squad. Sometimes the idea of a “sensible appointment” isn’t always the right one, we need a sound appointment, someone who will go about their business regardless of the potential issues off the field. Someone like CC has proved he can do that, he took Huddersfield to the playoffs and WBA, the latter without spending a dime, which is impressive. Can this be translated to the EPL? It’s a gamble of course, but he’s proven he can work under restrictions and get some success so he clearly has something about him. 

Managers like RVN are more of a gamble I’d say, even though they’ve worked at arguably a higher level, they’ve less experience than CC working under pressure. 

I think dispute the mess we appear to be in, the club will make a good decision, they’ve rarely got the managerial appointments wrong, I’d argue Puel, Rodgers and Maresca were all hired at the right time for the right reason…. Only Smith was the odd one out because they gambled on a potential ‘Villa’ like escape….. that might have worked if it wasn’t for the mess he inherited. 

Lucrative sponsorship deals and the sale of fringe players should give us more wiggle room than people think in the market. Let’s not forget that the decade we’ve had would have most definitely generated some good contacts within the game…… so providing we get the appointment right, even with a deduction I still think we will be fairly comfortable next season, whilst flirting with the bottom three.

The next appointment needs to be what the club needs, over what we want.

Our squad is better than forests? 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Yes….. it most definitely is in my opinion. 

Fair enough if that’s your opinion I just look at their squad, they have some strikers who are proven at prem level, we, assuming he signs another year will have vardy who’s proven and that’s it really. Hopefully things change clearly but currently I don’t see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, copunk said:

There is more chance of me getting the job, but can you imagine if Jose rocked up, media circus surrounding him, CR initials on his tracksuit top, stares deadpan into the sky sports camera and says these words 

"I'm finishing what Claudio started

🤣

Relegating us the year after winning the league?... 

Yeah, Jose would probably finish that job. 

23 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Did you watch West Brom in their two play-off semifinals against Southampton? They were awful in both.

they werent bad 1st leg, 2nd leg yeah... but thats 1 game from 48

3 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

they werent bad 1st leg, 2nd leg yeah... but thats 1 game from 48

1 bad game is enough for any self respecting foxestalker to formulate an everlasting opinion of someone

• Like 1

Went to my favourite Portuguese coffee spot earlier for my morning flat white, had a sign up saying they were closed for a very VIP guest this weekend. Not sure who it could be but I got an extra pastel de nata for the weekend so I can’t grumble. 

makes you think though 

• Haha 2

Has it been mentioned that the ex-President of Fenerbahce, who's running in their upcoming elections again, has made it his campaign promise that he'll sign Mourinho if he's re-elected? So we can rule him out immediately

"Aziz Yıldırım: We agreed with Jose Mourinho. If we are elected president, he will come to Turkey." https://x.com/yagosabuncuoglu/status/1790080840359108918
"We are coming for 3 years, and our coach for 3 years is Jose Mourinho." https://x.com/yagosabuncuoglu/status/1795861187071988038

11 minutes ago, lfu said:

Has it been mentioned that the ex-President of Fenerbahce, who's running in their upcoming elections again, has made it his campaign promise that he'll sign Mourinho if he's re-elected? So we can rule him out immediately

"Aziz Yıldırım: We agreed with Jose Mourinho. If we are elected president, he will come to Turkey." https://x.com/yagosabuncuoglu/status/1790080840359108918
"We are coming for 3 years, and our coach for 3 years is Jose Mourinho." https://x.com/yagosabuncuoglu/status/1795861187071988038

Maybe Jose prefers premier league? :claudio:

The only issue with RVN is that if he is even remotely successful with us, Man U will come get him. 

Possibly by january if they stick with eth for the start of the season: 

• Like 1