Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The only issue with RVN is that if he is even remotely successful with us, Man U will come get him. 

Possibly by january if they stick with eth for the start of the season: 

20 mil release clause then. Simples.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Same manager who didn't get promoted this season?

Or is this a wind up? I'm not so sure anymore considering I've just seen posts with Mourinho named. Good grief.

That has to be one of the all time worst should on Foxestalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I agree with you on terms of the squad. 

I think our squad is better than forests, Bournemouth’s, Brentford’s at the very least! And with some clever additions it will only get stronger.

However, what we need is a manager who can maximise the potential within the squad. Sometimes the idea of a “sensible appointment” isn’t always the right one, we need a sound appointment, someone who will go about their business regardless of the potential issues off the field. Someone like CC has proved he can do that, he took Huddersfield to the playoffs and WBA, the latter without spending a dime, which is impressive. Can this be translated to the EPL? It’s a gamble of course, but he’s proven he can work under restrictions and get some success so he clearly has something about him. 

Managers like RVN are more of a gamble I’d say, even though they’ve worked at arguably a higher level, they’ve less experience than CC working under pressure. 

I think despite the mess we appear to be in, the club will make a good decision, they’ve rarely got the managerial appointments wrong, I’d argue Puel, Rodgers and Maresca were all hired at the right time for the right reason…. Only Smith was the odd one out because they gambled on a potential ‘Villa’ like escape….. that might have worked if it wasn’t for the mess he inherited. 

Lucrative sponsorship deals and the sale of fringe players should give us more wiggle room than people think in the market. Let’s not forget that the decade we’ve had would have most definitely generated some good contacts within the game…… so providing we get the appointment right, even with a deduction I still think we will be fairly comfortable next season, whilst flirting with the bottom three.

The next appointment needs to be what the club needs, over what we want.

Better at what ?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Beard has too much grey in it....

It's a no from me!

IMG_20240530_145054.jpg

Looks like a young Clay Morrow. Are we finally getting a Sons of Anarchy prequel?!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

I blame Milan Manderin ... he start the ball rolling years ago 

You Cantonese argue with that

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Beard has too much grey in it....

It's a no from me!

IMG_20240530_145054.jpg

I remember watching him at the KP.  His touch on the ball was unreal at times.  One of those stand out performers that you never forget all these years later.  

We will need an us against the rest of the world type manager for next season ... a Warnock type ... but not him ... someone to close ranks and not want to be a sky sports celebrity .... we will need to battle for every single point next season right from the get go ....  a manager who players will run through brick walls for and looking at names mentioned nobody is standing out for me

Was never a fan of RVN when he was a player but now he's got rid of the floppy locks, got a beard and wears nice glasses I think I like him.

Would rather we rolled the dice a little than went with one of the usual suspects

2 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

We will need an us against the rest of the world type manager for next season ... a Warnock type ... but not him ... someone to close ranks and not want to be a sky sports celebrity .... we will need to battle for every single point next season right from the get go ....  a manager who players will run through brick walls for and looking at names mentioned nobody is standing out for me

That kind of mentality is gone. There’s a reason why elite clubs don’t appoint managers cut from the same cloth as Warnock. What you need is for the players to be inspired, which they weee under Enzo, and he’s not remotely like Warnock. 

I want a manager who can inspire the players through their philosophy, not through fear. 

• Like 1

Just now, ajthefox said:

Was never a fan of RVN when he was a player but now he's got rid of the floppy locks, got a beard and wears nice glasses I think I like him.

Would rather we rolled the dice a little than went with one of the usual suspects

He was a phenomenal player. Other than Dennis Bergkamp, Ruud’s performance V us under Adams was stunning, every finish was pretty much three touches. 

10 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

We will need an us against the rest of the world type manager for next season ..

Well that's Frank Lampard, Harry Redknapp and Robbie Bloody Williams ain't it?

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

That kind of mentality is gone. There’s a reason why elite clubs don’t appoint managers cut from the same cloth as Warnock. What you need is for the players to be inspired, which they weee under Enzo, and he’s not remotely like Warnock. 

I want a manager who can inspire the players through their philosophy, not through fear. 

I don't disagree with that .... I am talking only of next season and all of the uncertainty and crap we will have to put up with until the club is stabilised... we were fortunate enough to bounce back up a the first attempt.... we will not be so lucky next time .... do not want to return to the yoyo years .... philosophy is great so long as its adaptable to changes ... Enzo's wasn't and that alone nearly cost us promotion 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

The only issue with RVN is that if he is even remotely successful with us, Man U will come get him. 

Possibly by january if they stick with eth for the start of the season: 

To be fair, that will mean he's been successful with us, so I'll take that. Obviously we all love Leicester City, but any decent manager will have bigger ambitions (see Maresca, Enzo) and we have to accept that.

That's not small time by the way, that's just football. Probs only a handful of clubs who can keep a really successful manager.

RVN feels a bit too raw for me at the mo. I don't mind a gamble but this feels as much about the name as anything else. His record as a player is irrelevant and shouldn't be a talking point at all really.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

:nigel:

10 minutes ago, Scotch said:

If it was to be RVN, he either needs to adapt from the tactics he used at PSV or we are in for a hell of a rebuild. 

Please explain?

I genuinely think the players we have can play in most formations. In fact, Enzo was alienating players because he was too rigid in his way of playing

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Please explain?

I genuinely think the players we have can play in most formations. In fact, Enzo was alienating players because he was too rigid in his way of playing

Well... He plays with a double pivot of a 6 and and 8. If Ndidi stayed, him and Winks would be the 6's. That's fine but KDH is the only #8 so we would need one of those. 

He plays one winger wide and one coming inside to play alongside the #10 (which we would need 2 of). I think that would be OK ideally with Fatawu the former and Mavididi the latter but each would need a backup. 

The problem comes in defence. Similair to Enzo, the 4 becomes a 3 with one FB tucking in but instead of moving into CM, the other FB takes up the wide space that the winger vacates when he moves inside. I don't think Ricardo's  body can cope with that role anymore. Part of the reason he was fairly healthy this year was that he played a role that was more forgiving but if he doesn't play that role and we instead have VK do it on the left (which would be ideal given that I'd prefer Mavididi coming inside) where does Ricardo fit in? JJ would be the preferred RCB for me. 

Not to mention, he likes a high press which doesn't suit the pace of any of our CBs. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the sound of the system, I'm just not sure how it fits to our squad. This is ofcourse assuming he would play the same system. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/05/2024 at 21:00, wardyfox86 said:

Our last 2 summer-appointed managers have both gone on to win the league in their 1st season.

Just saying

As long as our next manager is Italian, we are odds on to blitz the league again. An 8-point penalty is just to keep it interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winstonthedog said:

Poch

• Haha 1