Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Winstonthedog said:

I don't disagree with that .... I am talking only of next season and all of the uncertainty and crap we will have to put up with until the club is stabilised... we were fortunate enough to bounce back up a the first attempt.... we will not be so lucky next time .... do not want to return to the yoyo years .... philosophy is great so long as its adaptable to changes ... Enzo's wasn't and that alone nearly cost us promotion 

I hear you, it’s one of the reasons in a strange way this move is good for the club. Enzo would have more than likely have taken us down, because his unwavering desire to play in his way. 

We do need someone with the flexibility and someone who will set up teams to play the opposition. 

It’s good to have a philosophy, because it means the manager wants to develop a clear identity, and that will stand you in good stead for survival, because everyone will know what they’re doing……

Take Forest as an example, there’s no identity at that club, and sooner rather than later it’s going to catastrophically collapse for them, but they’re really operating at an unsustainable level. What we need is a manager who has a philosophy, but is intelligent enough to be able to have different systems for different occasions, and someone who can operate under restrictions. 

12 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not sure about RVN. I know it rarely ends well for any manager at a club, but the PSV players loathed RVN didn't they?

Very conflicting reports on that, was more his staff he had issues with (and the board).

PSV fans have said he got players who'd die for him early on, but it did seem to tail off when Madueke and Gakpo were sold.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Well... He plays with a double pivot of a 6 and and 8. If Ndidi stayed, him and Winks would be the 6's. That's fine but KDH is the only #8 so we would need one of those. 

He plays one winger wide and one coming inside to play alongside the #10 (which we would need 2 of). I think that would be OK ideally with Fatawu the former and Mavididi the latter but each would need a backup. 

The problem comes in defence. Similair to Enzo, the 4 becomes a 3 with one FB tucking in but instead of moving into CM, the other FB takes up the wide space that the winger vacates when he moves inside. I don't think Ricardo's  body can cope with that role anymore. Part of the reason he was fairly healthy this year was that he played a role that was more forgiving but if he doesn't play that role and we instead have VK do it on the left (which would be ideal given that I'd prefer Mavididi coming inside) where does Ricardo fit in? JJ would be the preferred RCB for me. 

Not to mention, he likes a high press which doesn't suit the pace of any of our CBs. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the sound of the system, I'm just not sure how it fits to our squad. This is ofcourse assuming he would play the same system. 

I get what you're saying. I think we always would have needed 6-8 players this summer tbf (that number does include securing Vardy and Fatawu, so maybe just 4-5 more)

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I hear you, it’s one of the reasons in a strange way this move is good for the club. Enzo would have more than likely have taken us down, because his unwavering desire to play in his way. 

We do need someone with the flexibility and someone who will set up teams to play the opposition. 

It’s good to have a philosophy, because it means the manager wants to develop a clear identity, and that will stand you in good stead for survival, because everyone will know what they’re doing……

Take Forest as an example, there’s no identity at that club, and sooner rather than later it’s going to catastrophically collapse for them, but they’re really operating at an unsustainable level. What we need is a manager who has a philosophy, but is intelligent enough to be able to have different systems for different occasions, and someone who can operate under restrictions. 

I can see their owner losing interest now his Greek club have won a European trophy and his eye has turned to Netball.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No. Enzo would not have approached every game the same way. Do you honestly think he’s that stupid? 

bar Leeds away I think, we were the bookies favourite to win every game last season.

that will not be the case next season - to think he would have blindly approached it the same way - I’m sorry but that’s very naive. 

Edited by Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12
  • Like 1

Surely RVN is a huge risk. I know Enzo was too, but The Prem is a massive step up from managing a club in The Championship with parachute payments

On the other hand, l know little about The Eredivisie, but it's probably very difficult not to succeed at a club like PSV. 

It's probably similar to managing Rangers or Celtic. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Another day with no news hmmm getting bored now...even Norwich appoint a new manager today 🙄

We aren’t going to appoint a new manager when the current manager still hasn’t left 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I mean, if we consider facts then we won the league with 97 points in his first proper professional management season. That’s a fact. 

we had the best goal difference by ten goals. 

do you not think that maybe the moans have been slightly unjust? 

if we offered 98 points at the beginning of the season would you not have accepted that hands down? 

‘the football was garbage’ no it wasn’t was it? Let’s be honest. 

also don’t patronise people because they think differently. It’s rude and uncalled for. 

Edited by Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12

20 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Surely RVN is a huge risk. I know Enzo was too, but The Prem is a massive step up from managing a club in The Championship with parachute payments

On the other hand, l know little about The Eredivisie, but it's probably very difficult not to succeed at a club like PSV. 

It's probably similar to managing Rangers or Celtic. 

I think 🤔 to a degree whoever we appoint when the snake has left will be a huge risk but we are where we are yet again

45 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Did you pay any attention at all last season? 

He approached every single game the same way? He constantly used the inverted fullback, he only trusted a hand full of players and he rarely changed anything at all. 

Prior to the players meeting we were absolutely horrid, the football was garbage, there was no confidence and no leadership. After that conversation we picked up, we weee on occasions a bit more direct too, following Southampton Enzo said that he wasn’t happy, because we didn’t dominate possession. 

Bristol, Millwall and Plymouth were carbon copies of one another, we approached every game the same way, and lost. 

Enzo has said it himself, he has a set philosophy and that’s it, he is far too stubborn, and far too inexperienced to have lead us into next season. I amazed you didn’t see this, it’s literally all we’ve been moaning about on this forum for months was the complete lack of tactical flexibility. 

Well if the forum is moaning about it, you HAVE to be right... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just please get in moyes. 

If not, just get in cooper. Need someone who can come in and put in their philosophy ASAP.. No games this year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Well... He plays with a double pivot of a 6 and and 8. If Ndidi stayed, him and Winks would be the 6's. That's fine but KDH is the only #8 so we would need one of those. 

He plays one winger wide and one coming inside to play alongside the #10 (which we would need 2 of). I think that would be OK ideally with Fatawu the former and Mavididi the latter but each would need a backup. 

The problem comes in defence. Similair to Enzo, the 4 becomes a 3 with one FB tucking in but instead of moving into CM, the other FB takes up the wide space that the winger vacates when he moves inside. I don't think Ricardo's  body can cope with that role anymore. Part of the reason he was fairly healthy this year was that he played a role that was more forgiving but if he doesn't play that role and we instead have VK do it on the left (which would be ideal given that I'd prefer Mavididi coming inside) where does Ricardo fit in? JJ would be the preferred RCB for me. 

Not to mention, he likes a high press which doesn't suit the pace of any of our CBs. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the sound of the system, I'm just not sure how it fits to our squad. This is ofcourse assuming he would play the same system. 

I see no reason why ricardo can't just be played in midfield, he's proved he can do it

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lcfc-fan1126 said:

I see no reason why ricardo can't just be played in midfield, he's proved he can do it

I’m personally hoping they play him right back in his actual position and he gets up and down the flank like a right back 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Just please get in moyes. 

If not, just get in cooper. Need someone who can come in and put in their philosophy ASAP.. No games this year. 

Just cannot see a world in which KP opts for a manager who does not favour possession.

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

We need possession with intent to supply 

Just want a manager who goes back to front quickly, do it with possession if they like, but do it quick.

25 minutes ago, lcfc-fan1126 said:

Yeah, potentially. Him as the 8, Winks as the 6 and KDH as the 10. 

• Like 1