Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

If we're looking for a cheap option I'd go for Rosenior.

Lacks experience but so did McKenna when Ipswich appointed him .

Rosenior has done a great job at Hull. He wouldn't be expensive either.

Moyes although he has the experience, He has a different style of play to what we're currently following.

Do we really want to change again so soon.

Rosenior did a great job at Derby where Rooney got credit

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't want to actively encourage an echo chamber or censor anyone's well intentioned opinions but anyone unironically saying Moyes need to be banned.

Anyone saying Moyes needs to add their credentials to their post. If the answer is 'watched Match of the Day twice this season' then they should be banned.

3 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

The answer is obvious. Get an AI creation in, a blend of Cloughie, Jock Wallace, Pearson and Ranieri.

lol. You know full well the prompt will be 'Manage the team like Pep'.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If we end up with Russell Martin I’ll be invoicing the club for my resulting therapy 

I really dont get it, some fans seem to crave it as if they think its next level football or something.

No way would Martin be a success in the EPL, he is a head case, the players cant handle his system, he is straight to shouting them out in post match interview.

We dont have the squad for it or the money to create the squad for it, but some just dont understand that.

We need what some would call a "boring" manager that knows what he is doing in the EPL, and then only after at least a couple of years of that would consider change.

Edited by Chrysalis

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, pkonline said:

Look at what Palace and Bournemouth have done - look abroad and get an upcoming exciting manager that most have never heard of. It'll also be a lot cheaper.

Problem is Rudkin and Top probably haven't heard of or aren't interested in getting an exciting manager whose has shown he has ability in his previous coaching rules.

The only way they probably cottoned on to Enzo was that first Southampton were interested in him and he turned them down and then Celtic wanted him when Ange left.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

35 minutes ago, pkonline said:

Look at what Palace and Bournemouth have done - look abroad and get an upcoming exciting manager that most have never heard of. It'll also be a lot cheaper.

Didn't we pretty much do that last year?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Rosenior did a great job at Derby where Rooney got credit

I didn't know that. But Rooney is terrible at managing.

Even more reason to give Rosenior a chance if Enzo goes.

And he wouldn't be too expensive.

Talking of ceilings we won the EPL playing counter, cant get much higher then that, not to mention clearing 100 points on promotion 2 seasons before it with Pearson on a much smaller budget.  Style of play has no proven affect on ceilings.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't want to actively encourage an echo chamber or censor anyone's well intentioned opinions but anyone unironically saying Moyes need to be banned.

So you want an echo chamber.

Moyes Moyes Moyes.

Lets see if I get banned.

I am ok for opposite opinions, but people who are acting like Moyes is some kind of disgusting worst case option, I think should back it up with reasoning.  Even if its they just like tippy tappy football, or they prejudice against age or whatever, give some reason.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Plenty of teams have been promoted while playing the kind of possession-based style that Enzo favours and then survived in the PL while continuing to play that style. Brighton, Fulham and Bournemouth are all recent examples. It doesn't always work - eg, Burnley - but quite often it does.

Enzo has said on a number of occasions that his style of play is specifically designed to succeed in the PL. We played the way we did last year because he wanted the players to get used to playing in the way that he believes will give us the best chance of re-establishing ourselves as a PL club. Our difficulties in the Championship invariably came against teams that played a low block and showed little attacking intent - we are unlikely to face those kind if tactics very often in the PL. We'll have less possession but more space to attack, which will suit us - our best performances last season all came in games where the opposition had a go at us, which pretty much all PL teams will. Yes, we need to improve the team in a number of areas, but with intelligent recruitment that will be possible. With a few smart buys in key positions I think we will have enough to stay up next season and move on from there.

Now,  please explain why Enzo's style of play is 'doomed to failure' in the PL.

Because we haven’t got the players and won’t make the smart buys necessary. You also contradict what you are saying. Possession based football is about having the most possession. You quite clearly say we won’t. So surely we need to think of something else?  Anyway, we keep Enzo and play his style come back to me after a couple of months. Doomed mate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

In no particular order and for a multitude of reasons

Urs Fischer
Graham Potter (Doubt he would come, seems to be linked with far bigger jobs recently) 
David Moyes 
Steve Cooper
Danny Rohl
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Lucien Favre
Giovanni Van Bronckhorst 
Kieran Mckenna
Mark Robins
Steve Cooper
Will Still
Laurent Blanc (seriously doubt he would come)

I would love Laurent Blanc to be honest, albeit would be a slight risk (as is any appointment) in that he's not managed over here before.

His body of work with Bordeaux was remarkable, and he did well with PSG (I know that's not saying much but still have to manage all those egos). I like his style of football/

van Bronckhorst did well at first with Rangers, but after the Europa League final, it was a disaster. I do like the work he did with Feyenoord though, especially as financially they can't quite compete with Ajax and PSV.

Lucien Favre is a good shout to be honest. Been linked with us before too.

Steve Cooper is probably one of the more realistic ones, and we know he can manage in the Premier League. He will get supported here too rather than be worrying about being sacked by a megalomaniac of a chairman!

Edited by Incognito
  • Like 1

Let's hijack the Kompany to Bayern move. We'll have endless Burnley comparisons anyway so let's go all in and get the manager responsible.

• Haha 2