Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

If Cooper is true, which I suspect it is, then he isn’t the worst choice.

He arrives with no compensation, but wonder if he has been brought in long term so that if we were to go down to the Championship next season, he has the knowledge to get back out.

I don’t mind him at all 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The manager in question is apparently Steve Cooper.

As I said, obviously just take with a pinch of salt..

What’s pleasant about that !! If we are moving away from the current play style then Corberan has to be the option.

I would argue RVN is a similar play style and would be open to this likewise Cuesta.

Truthfully I would be shocked if they’ve already made any type of decision without opening for interviews. They took there time to ensure they heard everyone throughly last season due to the importance of the season, I would imagine this season will be the same process.

20 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Seriously, why wouldn't some have Cooper?

Obviously the Forest link and a risky football idealism, but he'll have something to prove after his Forest stint plus no compensation to pay for the services.

Can you tell me how his teams play, how he sets up? He was completely incapable of pulling a large squad of players together in the PL and making any sort of success. His teams always seemed to play in some sort of emergency low block mode against everyone.

Sometimes i wonder if people actually watch football matches? 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

My biggest gripe is that he looks like he's constantly holding in a sneeze

Its like he was about to cum during some dirty sex 20 years ago, and it never happened, and he's still waiting for the moment.

Edited by Chelmofox

12 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

In other good news @Wymsey announces that the club have reconsidered the charge for a physical season ticket and it will now cost £100 

Fans will now get 2 free doughnuts and 2 pints of Singha at one game next season..:whistle:

• Haha 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

If the best we can do is Steve Cooper then people need sacking.

... starting with Steve Cooper.

He's possibly the cheapest option with Premier League experience, though.

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

You say that as if Alan Curbishley isn't available

Just now, Wymsey said:

Very bad Premier League experience. He was rubbish in the top league with Notts Forest. No thanks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I'll do it for less money for Cooper, and i don't like like I stalk the local primary school.

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Tinpot cheapskates aren't we. 

Fook me, imagine heading straight for Cooper when there's so much else knocking around.

I'll get behind him, but **** me it's getting very difficult to be an actual Leicester 'fan' these days. 

57 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The manager in question is apparently Steve Cooper.

As I said, obviously just take with a pinch of salt..

You let us believe it was going to be a pleasant surprise. If true, this is neither pleasant, nor that surprising 😞😞

• Thanks 1

Leicester City, newly promoted under him, will now go about the process of finding a replacement. Carlos Corberan of West Bromwich Albion is one candidate although with Leicester facing huge challenges under Premier League profit and sustainability rules, paying compensation could be an issue. Corberan signed a new contract in February keeping him at the club until 2027.

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Why do we need a manager with premier league experience? Bournemouth, Brighton and Palace didn’t think that way with their recent appointments. All have improved with foreign managers. 

Some on here think we have huge options and can afford to take a massive risk on relatively unproven foreign managers. 

We’re broke, haven’t got a pot to piss in so if it’s Cooper the rational will be pragmatism and working on a limited budget. 

My first choice would be Corberan but if the talk in the press is we can’t even afford his buyout (after getting Enzo money) we’re scraping the barrel. 

We are where we are still paying for the bad decisions. 

• Like 2