Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Brighton might flirt with relegation next season. As mad as that sounds. 

They’ve had their two years in the sun that the ‘big six’ allow and now they’ve stepped too far. Be a championship club again in a couple of years. Bournemouth too.

Just now, KFS said:

They’ve had their two years in the sun that the ‘big six’ allow and now they’ve stepped too far. Be a championship club again in a couple of years. Bournemouth too.

The three B’s are all in bother I think. Those two including Brentford. I just hope and pray one of them is Forest. I honestly wasn’t that bothered about them until I worked with a few of their fans. It’s actually gobsmacking how arrogant they are, considering they’ve been absent from the EPL, for about 20 ****ing years, and have only hung onto their status like a ****ing dingleberry, caught in a web of arse hair. 

• Haha 3

Cooper’s name was initially mentioned I was disappointed but when you look at his record, it’s very decent. The Forest job for 2 1/2 season was actually madness and he achieved an extraordinary promotion and kept them up.

I’ve got a few Forest supporting fans who love him like many of us love Pearson. Understandable given what he gave them. They swear that the way he kept them up wasn’t the “Cooper way” and he simply adapted to the madness. 

Adaptable manager, who progresses youth players and has a track record that suggests a good man management style. Perhaps my initial disappointment was rash.

• Like 3

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Cooper’s name was initially mentioned I was disappointed but when you look at his record, it’s very decent. The Forest job for 2 1/2 season was actually madness and he achieved an extraordinary promotion and kept them up.

I’ve got a few Forest supporting fans who love him like many of us love Pearson. Understandable given what he gave them. They swear that the way he kept them up wasn’t the “Cooper way” and he simply adapted to the madness. 

Adaptable manager, who progresses youth players and has a track record that suggests a good man management style. Perhaps my initial disappointment was rash.

I like him, think he'll do well at Brighton if he ends up there. Could do a very reasonable job here too given the chance 

A different kind of managerial appointment than the one this thread is about, buuuuuuut.....

@ Top who is certainly reading this thread and not partying in a Bangkok penthouse right now:

Chelsea's ex-Director Marina Granovskaia is unemployed

Leave Rudkin in charge of the horses full time and give Marina the keys to the football side instead 👀

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, lfu said:

A different kind of managerial appointment than the one this thread is about, buuuuuuut.....

@ Top who is certainly reading this thread and not partying in a Bangkok penthouse right now:

Chelsea's ex-Director Marina Granovskaia is unemployed

Leave Rudkin in charge of the horses full time and give Marina the keys to the football side instead 👀

Didn’t know that. She’d be an unreal appointment tbf.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, kingfox said:

Cooper’s history of helping develop youth speaks for itself. 

Worked in the Liverpool youth system. Excellent record with the England U17’s. Two play-off campaigns with Swansea, which included helping the development of numerous young talent. Then of course promotion with Forest, which included helping the likes of Djed Spence and James Garner actually look good. 

He could potentially do wonders for the development of the likes of Braybrooke and Alves. 

There’s far worse candidates out there that we could get. 

Some of the hostility towards Cooper here obviously comes from the Forest connection. But he did really did remarkably well there considering what a dysfunctional organization it is. And if you want a gaffer who’s going to develop young talent - which is the most likely way for LCFC to be sustainably competitive in the PL - his credentials are pretty clear.

As you say, there are far worse candidates out there.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KFS said:

Didn’t know that. She’d be an unreal appointment tbf.

She is probably sanctioned.  

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

She is probably sanctioned.  

She is also rumoured to be under investigation by the EPL for being involved in thos suspicious payments which the new Chelsea owners reported last year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The three B’s are all in bother I think. Those two including Brentford. I just hope and pray one of them is Forest. I honestly wasn’t that bothered about them until I worked with a few of their fans. It’s actually gobsmacking how arrogant they are, considering they’ve been absent from the EPL, for about 20 ****ing years, and have only hung onto their status like a ****ing dingleberry, caught in a web of arse hair. 

Bottingham Borest? 

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

At least Mourinho being suggested should stop now

He’s perfect for that place - it’s nuts without his ego 

those derbies with gala are going to be amazing with him in the dugout 

• Like 1

The club have taken a huge beating off the field and now on the field, Top’s ego will be hurting, so wouldn’t be surprised if we go for a biggish name, maybe someone like Lucien Favre?

Corberan may be one of the preferred options but with PSR already mentioned as a potential issue in getting him, there's obviously a strong possibility that the club will have to go for someone who is currently available rather than already in a job. Not ideal of course but this search was never going to be anyway.

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

At least Mourinho being suggested should stop now

As I said - was always going to get a club competing in Europe.

• Haha 1