Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, dooflip said:

I really do hope that the club think logically about this appointment and don’t go the “name” route.

The links to RVN are worrying tbh.

He hasn’t really done much as a manager. The success he had in Holland is kind of expected given how big the club are in that league, and the contrast of ability from the top few to the rest.

He fell out with everyone, player revolt etc. This is not what we need.

Next season is going to be really tough, and we all need to be United and together.

For that reason, I really do hope it’s Corberan.

Me too. 

2 minutes ago, dooflip said:

I really do hope that the club think logically about this appointment and don’t go the “name” route.

He hasn’t really done much as a manager. The success he had in Holland is kind of expected given how big the club are in that league, and the contrast of ability from the top few to the rest.

Next season is going to be really tough, and we all need to be United and together.

I have the same gut feeling. Corberan or Rosenior for me.

L’Equipe reporting we are considering Oscar Garcia at Leuven

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Promu-en-premier-league-leicester-s-interesse-a-l-ancien-coach-de-reims-oscar-garcia/1471254

Spanish coach Oscar Garcia, who worked for Reims and Saint-Etienne, and today with the Belgian club Louvain, is in the sights of Leicester, promoted to the Premier League.

Owner of the Belgian club Louvain and the English club Leicester, promoted to the Premier League, the Thai group King Power, is considering recruiting 51-year-old coach Oscar Garcia.

The former coach of Reims (June 2021-October 2022), appointed by OH Louvain last November, under contract in Belgium until June 2026, kept his team in the first division, which was rather unexpected.

According to a close source, his management and his ideas have seduced his bosses for a possible transfer to England, if the current Leicester manager, Enzo Maresca , in office since June 2023, is on his way to take charge of Chelsea (ENG ) as has already been mentioned.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Promu-en-premier-league-leicester-s-interesse-a-l-ancien-coach-de-reims-oscar-garcia/1471254

Spanish coach Oscar Garcia, who worked for Reims and Saint-Etienne, and today with the Belgian club Louvain, is in the sights of Leicester, promoted to the Premier League.

Owner of the Belgian club Louvain and the English club Leicester, promoted to the Premier League, the Thai group King Power, is considering recruiting 51-year-old coach Oscar Garcia.

The former coach of Reims (June 2021-October 2022), appointed by OH Louvain last November, under contract in Belgium until June 2026, kept his team in the first division, which was rather unexpected.

According to a close source, his management and his ideas have seduced his bosses for a possible transfer to England, if the current Leicester manager, Enzo Maresca , in office since June 2023, is on his way to take charge of Chelsea (ENG ) as has already been mentioned.

Vanilla

13 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

Frank McClintock. Odds on to do better than his first stint here!

Now that era was the worst, team wise, that I have ever seen! He just signed his mates from Arsenal who were more finished than him! Little George Armstrong on the wing looked older than me now, and I’ve just turned 65! Check out some old pictures if you don’t believe me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dooflip said:

To be fair’s Corberán is my preferred choice. I think he’s a good balance of pragmatic and forward thinking. But what stands out for me, is his ability to crack on despite working under constraints. I don’t think it can been undervalued what he did at WBA. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

To be fair’s Corberán is my preferred choice. I think he’s a good balance of pragmatic and forward thinking. But what stands out for me, is his ability to crack on despite working under constraints. I don’t think it can been undervalued what he did at WBA. 

I’m with you. Corberan won’t be demanding x amount of money to buy this name and that name.

I feel the more fashionable/famous names would, and I think our board would give in despite it not being right for the club.

Where as under Corberan I can see us signing some right unknown cheap gems like we did the last time we went up and the season after.

I’d much rather be pleasantly surprised but some unknowns we’ve bought for pennies than go down having blown money we can’t afford.

Edited by dooflip

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would rather take a complete gamble on novices like Cuesta or Heitinga than this. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I'm sure @Ric Flair called this a few weeks ago 

• Haha 1