Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

L’Equipe reporting we are considering Oscar Garcia at Leuven

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Promu-en-premier-league-leicester-s-interesse-a-l-ancien-coach-de-reims-oscar-garcia/1471254

Spanish coach Oscar Garcia, who worked for Reims and Saint-Etienne, and today with the Belgian club Louvain, is in the sights of Leicester, promoted to the Premier League.

Owner of the Belgian club Louvain and the English club Leicester, promoted to the Premier League, the Thai group King Power, is considering recruiting 51-year-old coach Oscar Garcia.

The former coach of Reims (June 2021-October 2022), appointed by OH Louvain last November, under contract in Belgium until June 2026, kept his team in the first division, which was rather unexpected.

According to a close source, his management and his ideas have seduced his bosses for a possible transfer to England, if the current Leicester manager, Enzo Maresca , in office since June 2023, is on his way to take charge of Chelsea (ENG ) as has already been mentioned.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

French newspaper commenting on a Spanish manager working at a Belgian club, linked to an English club. 

We'd ignore these links for players 

Had two failed jobs in France so probably quite funny to French football fans the thought of him in the Premier League.

13 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'd rather have 3 members of FoxesTalk as managers than Garcia. 

Which ones?

Just now, Lesta Legend said:

Yeah sorry if it’s Garcia then the hierarchy have lost the plot. 

Would suggest they had it in the first place

2 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

Feels like Rob Edwards at Luton could be someone the club will target. Not sure how likely it would be though, he seems to have a real connection with that club.

He's just failed at keeping one club up, let alone a club with -12 aswell.:whistle:

53 minutes ago, dooflip said:

I really do hope that the club think logically about this appointment and don’t go the “name” route.

The links to RVN are worrying tbh.

He hasn’t really done much as a manager. The success he had in Holland is kind of expected given how big the club are in that league, and the contrast of ability from the top few to the rest.

He fell out with everyone, player revolt etc. This is not what we need.

Next season is going to be really tough, and we all need to be United and together.

For that reason, I really do hope it’s Corberan.

I know there were reports of a player revolt but the main reason he left is because the PSV board sold Gakpo & Madueke when they were challenging for the title. His work with the academy was brilliant and he got Xavi Simons banging goals in for fun at just 19. He also played a good style of football and was more similar to Bielsa’s Leeds in terms of intensity. Players complained because they thought he trained them too hard, but frankly I don’t see that as a real issue and we’ve seen what happens when players have too much control.

7 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

Feels like Rob Edwards at Luton could be someone the club will target. Not sure how likely it would be though, he seems to have a real connection with that club.

That bloke shed more tears than points won. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Can't see Vestergaard staying now

Some believe he's already signed a contract but it hasn't been announced. I'm hoping this isn't the case because if the new manager doesn't want to play Enzoball, Vestergaard could find himself once more surplus to requirements...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Can't see Vestergaard staying now

I’d imagine he’s already signed and agreed his extension, and it’s only to be announced once the club is allowed to announce it, due to the EFL embargo 

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

no but he's already aware of the shambles of our ownership and wouldn't cause any problems so from that perspective he's ideal.

Yeah he's definitely not kicking up a fuss is he. Bit of a sad indictment of where we are when a manager not questioning the mess above them is one of the main reasons we'd get someone in!

• Like 1