Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

French newspaper commenting on a Spanish manager working at a Belgian club, linked to an English club. 

We'd ignore these links for players 

L'Equipe is a rag too but it just seems very plausible.

16 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

He's just failed at keeping one club up, let alone a club with -12 aswell.:whistle:

We are not getting -12, where do you get that figure from?

Garcia's win percentage is less than 30% at his previous three clubs, which is concerning, although he kept Leuven up from a very challenging position. 

Maybe this is just his agent putting pressure on Las Palmas who he's also been linked with?

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

L’Equipe reporting we are considering Oscar Garcia at Leuven

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Promu-en-premier-league-leicester-s-interesse-a-l-ancien-coach-de-reims-oscar-garcia/1471254

Spanish coach Oscar Garcia, who worked for Reims and Saint-Etienne, and today with the Belgian club Louvain, is in the sights of Leicester, promoted to the Premier League.

Owner of the Belgian club Louvain and the English club Leicester, promoted to the Premier League, the Thai group King Power, is considering recruiting 51-year-old coach Oscar Garcia.

The former coach of Reims (June 2021-October 2022), appointed by OH Louvain last November, under contract in Belgium until June 2026, kept his team in the first division, which was rather unexpected.

According to a close source, his management and his ideas have seduced his bosses for a possible transfer to England, if the current Leicester manager, Enzo Maresca , in office since June 2023, is on his way to take charge of Chelsea (ENG ) as has already been mentioned.

Suddenly cooper doesn’t sound too bad aye? 

• Haha 1

Garcias coaching record is a horror show.

if this looks like it’s getting close we need to act like we did when Warnock nearly took over all those years ago. 

If he comes in we’re down by Xmas 

I’d like to think Garcia wouldn’t be an option. We usually get managerial appointments right, only Sousa and Smith really stand out as mistakes, but Smith I can understand why they went for him. 

Garcia I think is either his agent talking, or lazy journalism. I’d be stunned if they went down that route. 

7 minutes ago, Ian S said:

We are not getting -12, where do you get that figure from?

Purely gutt mate, no one knows!

Because we've gone with legal proceedings and also by the amount we failed by, they'll have it in for us as well We've shown zero cooperation?  

• Haha 1

Garcia is very hamstrung by the terrible career choices he has made.

Tel Aviv for 5 minutes

Watford for 5 minutes

Olimpiacos for 10 minutes

St Ettiene for 5 minutes

And then the only time he's shown promise is in a farmers league.

I'd say his results in the 'europa stage' or whatever it's called in Belgium are encouraging though. Whether that's because you're shielded from the top teams at that point I don't know.

I worry that the most recent time he spent a whole season somewhere, he FLOPPED at Celta who had some very good players at the time. Perhaps you could argue he was another 'covid season' casualty.

They finished 7th twice in a row after he left.

I do think going for Corberan or Roseinor you are accepting relegation before the season starts. No disrespect both have done well. Planning for the championship the following season. Whereas going for an unknown or a name like Van Nistelrooy is imo a risk work taking like Brighton, Palace and Bournemouth have done. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d like to think Garcia wouldn’t be an option. We usually get managerial appointments right, only Sousa and Smith really stand out as mistakes, but Smith I can understand why they went for him. 

Garcia I think is either his agent talking, or lazy journalism. I’d be stunned if they went down that route. 

Surely agents do that to use the fear of someone else being interested to leverage their current club into a new contract? 

But given that the current club and the reportedly interested club are owned by the same people, I'm not sure that would work as they will know if the interest is legit or not...

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I do think going for Corberan or Roseinor you are accepting relegation before the season starts. No disrespect both have done well. Planning for the championship the following season. Whereas going for an unknown or a name like Van Nistelrooy is imo a risk work taking like Brighton, Palace and Bournemouth have done. 

Eh?

This makes no sense.

What on earth has Nistelrooy done to be considered better than the likes of Corberan except with a team who are expected to win everything anyway and who ended up hating him?

Edited by SecretPro

Rudkin is woefully prepared as usual 

We should be hearing about a clear candidate today 

We aren't because we have people who don't know what they are doing

We will end up with a very poor option 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Purely gutt mate, no one knows!

Because we've gone with legal proceedings and also by the amount we failed by, they'll have it in for us as well We've shown zero cooperation?  

A couple of important points:

1) The Premier League does not determine the punishment. That's decided by an independent panel - and they have shown that they usually award much lower points deductions than the PL wants.

2) We have successfully challenged the PL and the EFL when they've tried to act outside the rules. We can't be punished for that - that would be like a court quashing a conviction on appeal but throwing the accused in jail anyway for the hell of it...

• Like 2

Garcia would be a shocking appointment, would like to think there is no truth in it but wouldn’t put it past Top and Rudkin.

Has never spent more than 1-2 years at a club which tells you all you need to know.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Garcia is very hamstrung by the terrible career choices he has made.

Tel Aviv for 5 minutes

Watford for 5 minutes

Olimpiacos for 10 minutes

St Ettiene for 5 minutes

And then the only time he's shown promise is in a farmers league.

I'd say his results in the 'europa stage' or whatever it's called in Belgium are encouraging though. Whether that's because you're shielded from the top teams at that point I don't know.

I worry that the most recent time he spent a whole season somewhere, he FLOPPED at Celta who had some very good players at the time. Perhaps you could argue he was another 'covid season' casualty.

They finished 7th twice in a row after he left.

I'm starting to think you might actually BE Oscar Garcia. 

Edited by Finnegan