Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Has Moyes ever won anything or done anything of note other than keep Everton a mid-table club for many years despite them having one of the highest net spends ever at the time?

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Has Moyes ever won anything or done anything of note other than keep Everton a mid-table club for many years despite them having one of the highest net spends ever at the time?

Good job at Preston

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

He's won the third division and the third rate european competition in the conference league

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

LIke win the Europa Conference do you mean or turn the irons into a respectable Top 8 club......then No

Cool, so in his many, many, many years as a manager for 'big' or 'good' clubs, not a great deal then.

Would be really keen on Carlos Corberan. I think he'd get the best of KDH and Ndidi and probably Conor Coady too. Failing that as much as it pains me to say it David Moyes would probably keep us up. We need someone fairly pragmatic, essentially. Dyche would have been perfect if he wasn't at Everton 

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He established West Ham as a top half team and won a European trophy in 2023

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Won a European trophy 12 months ago. Also took West Ham to a Europa league semi final after taking over when they were relegation candidates 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

Guest Lcfc82
9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Didn’t he qualify for the champions league with Everton one season ? 

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Won a European trophy 12 months ago. Also took West Ham to a Europa league semi final after taking over when they were relegation candidates 

Looks like he's come into some form then, only took him 25 years. Gerrimin.

2 minutes ago, joeybside said:

So basically according to FT;

Moyes - Shit

Cooper - Shit

Garcia - Really Shit

RVN - Shit

Corberan - Shit we've got no money to pay for him 

We are funked

Correct

I don't understand why there are so many fans recommending British managers. Have any of these achieved something significant lately? Only Potter's Brighton played some decent, attractive football at times. All the rest are so limited and one dimensional tactically. 

Even the national team has this kind of manager and this is why there's no way we'll win anything. 

I'm not saying all foreign managers are better but there's certainly a lack of adventurous, enthusiastic British managers for years now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't understand why there are so many fans recommending British managers. Have any of these achieved something significant lately? Only Potter's Brighton played some decent, attractive football at times. All the rest are so limited and one dimensional tactically. 

Even the national team has this kind of manager and this is why there's no way we'll win anything. 

I'm not saying all foreign managers are better but there's certainly a lack of adventurous, enthusiastic British managers for years now. 

People keep suggesting Moyes and Cooper and I don;t even know what their 'style' is. It's all a bit weird.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Didn’t he qualify for the champions league with Everton one season ? 

Sort of. Finished 4th in 2004/05 which got them into the qualifying stage, where they were knocked out by Villareal.

Moyes got them into Europe 4 times during his spell there. And they weren't massive spenders. It was only when Moshiri came in that they went batsh*t crazy in that regard.

• Thanks 1