Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Just gotta hope he finally gets subjected to the same scrutiny rightly given to any other elected official now.

That’s the uptick to it. There’s long a theory that having such parties in the Parliament is better than not as now they get the scrutiny they would otherwise 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Farage be lucky to last two years he will get bored. His chance to make money as a MP significantly reduces 

Exactly my prediction, how many of these potential reform MPs will last for the next five years. Not to also point out that Farage could wind up his company, seeing as they’re not a political party, technically.

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Know of a number of lads I’ve spoken to who have voted for them based on Farage being a bit of a cartoon and “funny”. When pressed on what they like about their policy, they pretty much just tell you what’s wrong with everyone else’s. 

Similar rhetoric to Johnson. 'has charisma'. 'has funny hair'. 

Yeah but what does he actually do for you? 

'dunno' 

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

So what are Labour going to change quickly guys?

NHS waiting lists? Tighter control on Borders or Law and Order

@StanSP what’s your verdict?

• Planning laws.

• Parliamentary / Lords reform

• Resolve Doctors strike

• Something on immigration.

• Criminal Justice / Prison measures (jails are full, so this is in urgent need of attention).

Basically are we going to see all the seats that turned blue during Brexit go back to red ?

My area is about 60/40 going to the Lib Dems.

Would be quite a coup as it’s been a very strong Tory seat - we had Peter Lilley for a long time .

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Ah, so that makes it all ok for Labour then..

😂

It just means Labour cleared the bad rubbish and quite rightly. Same with Webbe as well. 

Regardless of party, we shouldn’t be having wrong un’s represent the public. The amount of sexual assault offenders within the House of Parliament and House of Lords is horrid for example 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Salty much? 

One comment compared to about 50 on this thread by the Labour voters!! 
Hypocrisy much!

😂

Just now, Izzy said:

Who are the 'other' 25 seats made up of for example?

18 in northern ireland, greens, plaid cymru and independant

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So what are Labour going to change quickly guys?

NHS waiting lists? Tighter control on Borders or Law and Order

@StanSP what’s your verdict?

:dunno:

Give them a chance though, surely? 

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. 

I have hope and confidence they'll start the process for change fairly soon. If anyone is expecting immediate significant impact on the huge issues (NHS waiting lists for example) within days of getting into power then that's unfair expectations, in my opinion. 

I think a good barometer to start judging them would be at least 3-4 months into their tenure? I don't know. But I'm not going to set unfair and unrealistic expectations on them just for the sake of it. I hope they can deliver sooner rather than later, though. They have to start building trust regardless. 

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

• Planning laws.

• Parliamentary / Lords reform

• Resolve Doctors strike

• Something on immigration.

• Criminal Justice / Prison measures (jails are full, so this is in urgent need of attention).

Interesting 

@StanSP what’s your take?

Just now, Tuna said:

18 in northern ireland, greens, plaid cymru and independant

Ah yes, NI of course :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Conservatives pretty much completely wiped out in London according to the exit poll.

My constituency has been Tory since 1950's and is projected to go to Labour. Would expect Reform to have cannibalised the Tory vote.

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Basically are we going to see all the seats that turned blue during Brexit go back to red ?

My area is about 60/40 going to the Lib Dems.

Would be quite a coup as it’s been a very strong Tory seat - we had Peter Lilley for a long time .

Pretty much, judging by what Sky News showed earlier with their projections. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

:dunno:

Give them a chance though, surely? 

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. 

I have hope and confidence they'll start the process for change fairly soon. If anyone is expecting immediate significant impact on the huge issues (NHS waiting lists for example) within days of getting into power then that's unfair expectations, in my opinion. 

I think a good barometer to start judging them would be at least 3-4 months into their tenure? I don't know. But I'm not going to set unfair and unrealistic expectations on them just for the sake of it. I hope they can deliver sooner rather than later, though. They have to start building trust regardless. 

Cmon Stan, as a staunch Labour voter, you can’t just say you don’t know? 
I agree though, I’m optimistic now for the future of the NHS, which is massively important to me. Law and order won’t change imo. 
And I doubt the borders will be controlled any better.

And income tax will increase.

Hopefully public spending will yield the big improvements in the NHS and social care. If that happens, I’m happier than before 

Edited by Col city fan