Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

29 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

... all I'm saying is that if Fox likes continual humiliation and spending lots of money to do so...well, there are other, better value options.

She turned the kids against him apparently. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Oh lol it’s actually somehow even worse 

“Bridgen borrowed the Reclaim Party’s company car before Christmas for a spot of constituency work. Fox then called him up asking for the car back to carry a Christmas tree. Bridgen said no. Fox said he would report the car to the police as missing or stolen if Bridgen did not return it. Bridgen gave him a more resolute ‘no’ and released his statement of resignation.”

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

they've already ruled out all of those and have started to sabotage their own candidates for being too popular (Jovan Owusu-Nepaul in Clacton https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jun/26/labour-not-putting-up-a-fight-against-farage-in-clacton)

I find it quite funny that the Guardian have taken at face value his campaign's claims that resources are being withdrawn because he's "too popular" rather than the more obvious explanation that Clacton is not and has never been a winnable seat for Labour.

Resource reallocation is an absolutely standard part of campaign management. You collect data from canvassing returns in the early part of the campaign and that enables you to direct campaigners to seats where they can have the biggest impact.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

I find it quite funny that the Guardian have taken at face value his campaign's claims that resources are being withdrawn because he's "too popular" rather than the more obvious explanation that Clacton is not and has never been a winnable seat for Labour.

Resource reallocation is an absolutely standard part of campaign management. You collect data from canvassing returns in the early part of the campaign and that enables you to direct campaigners to seats where they can have the biggest impact.

The entire story is bollocks, sourced from Owen Jones’ cult of weirdos. No resources were withdrawn, it was completely denied by the party. Desperate shit from freaks who know they are going to be ignored by the electorate and popped back in the anonymous box where they belong. 

24 minutes ago, Daggers said:

“Bridgen borrowed the Reclaim Party’s company car before Christmas for a spot of constituency work. Fox then called him up asking for the car back to carry a Christmas tree. Bridgen said no. Fox said he would report the car to the police as missing or stolen if Bridgen did not return it. Bridgen gave him a more resolute ‘no’ and released his statement of resignation.”

Is that a real quote 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Is that a real quote 

That’s one version. 

LBC: “

One of the curious recent fallouts was the sudden resignation of Reclaim’s only MP, Andrew Bridgen. Mr Bridgen represented the party in Parliament for just over 6 months between May–December of 2023, but made the “incredibly difficult decision to resign” due to a “difference in the direction of the party”. 

In fact, LBC has learned that Laurence Fox was loathe to travel to Leicestershire to campaign for their party’s only MP. 

“He rarely went to Leicestershire because he didn’t see it as a ‘sexy’ seat”, the insider explained. 

Conversely Mr Fox was reportedly terrible at campaigning, so Andrew Bridgen welcomed his lack of canvassing. Laurence Fox was also reportedly more interested in his “well paid” dog walker than his only MP. 

“He also hated that he was not the main man when Andrew came in, he was clearly very jealous” 

“There was a ridiculous situation where Laurence couldn’t be arsed to go and campaign for his party’s only MP, that’s where the tension between [Laurence] Fox and [Andrew] Bridgen started” 

The relationship between Fox and Bridgen began to “sour” at this point, with a torrid December pushing the former Conservative MP over the edge due to two incidents: Christmas cards and Christmas trees. 

Firstly, Andrew Bridgen was said to be “royally p***** off” when his official Christmas card to constituents in North West Leicestershire contained a significant spelling error – with regards to his own name. Voters were wished a Merry Christmas from one Andrew ‘Brigden’. 

Secondly – as was reported online – I am told it is indeed true that the straw which broke the camel’s back was a Volvo XC90. The vehicle, which is a company-car, had Laurence Fox as its primary driver but was lent to Andrew Bridgen for a few days to complete constituency work. 

According to an insider, Laurence Fox got “bored” and wanted to use the car earlier than agreed to drive a Christmas tree to his personal address. When Mr Bridgen refused, his party’s leader threatened to involve the police.”

https://www.lbc.co.uk/opinion/views/inside-laurence-fox-reclaim-party-split/

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Daggers said:

That’s one version. 

LBC: “

One of the curious recent fallouts was the sudden resignation of Reclaim’s only MP, Andrew Bridgen. Mr Bridgen represented the party in Parliament for just over 6 months between May–December of 2023, but made the “incredibly difficult decision to resign” due to a “difference in the direction of the party”. 

In fact, LBC has learned that Laurence Fox was loathe to travel to Leicestershire to campaign for their party’s only MP. 

“He rarely went to Leicestershire because he didn’t see it as a ‘sexy’ seat”, the insider explained. 

Conversely Mr Fox was reportedly terrible at campaigning, so Andrew Bridgen welcomed his lack of canvassing. Laurence Fox was also reportedly more interested in his “well paid” dog walker than his only MP. 

“He also hated that he was not the main man when Andrew came in, he was clearly very jealous” 

“There was a ridiculous situation where Laurence couldn’t be arsed to go and campaign for his party’s only MP, that’s where the tension between [Laurence] Fox and [Andrew] Bridgen started” 

The relationship between Fox and Bridgen began to “sour” at this point, with a torrid December pushing the former Conservative MP over the edge due to two incidents: Christmas cards and Christmas trees. 

Firstly, Andrew Bridgen was said to be “royally p***** off” when his official Christmas card to constituents in North West Leicestershire contained a significant spelling error – with regards to his own name. Voters were wished a Merry Christmas from one Andrew ‘Brigden’. 

Secondly – as was reported online – I am told it is indeed true that the straw which broke the camel’s back was a Volvo XC90. The vehicle, which is a company-car, had Laurence Fox as its primary driver but was lent to Andrew Bridgen for a few days to complete constituency work. 

According to an insider, Laurence Fox got “bored” and wanted to use the car earlier than agreed to drive a Christmas tree to his personal address. When Mr Bridgen refused, his party’s leader threatened to involve the police.”

https://www.lbc.co.uk/opinion/views/inside-laurence-fox-reclaim-party-split/

What the actual ****. How Bridgen comes out of any scenario looking the least mental is crazy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

This is a horrific party election broadcast. Just a list of lies and scaremongering presented as a football-style report.

Not a single mention of anything they’ve got to offer. Shocking 

8 hours ago, Lako42 said:

I can almost feel the stupid ****s in NW Leicestershire unveiling the gammon faced Reform candidate on the 5th.

Most of them with no idea why other than hating brown people 

Living in NW Leics, I'll take a fair amount of offence to this! It doesn't feel an overtly racist place to me. 

I could however see the Tory candidate getting a result. He's local and well known. 

Starmers being here recently says it's likely to be a close run thing. 

6 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Living in NW Leics, I'll take a fair amount of offence to this! It doesn't feel an overtly racist place to me. 

I could however see the Tory candidate getting a result. He's local and well known. 

Starmers being here recently says it's likely to be a close run thing. 

It's clearly only aimed at the ones voting for Farage, so unless you are there is no offence. 

Seeing an increase in the amount of reform in Windows and people I know who are surprisingly going that way.

Also if the people vote in Craig then we really are screwed. 

Didn't Coalville vote bnp once?