Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's clearly only aimed at the ones voting for Farage, so unless you are there is no offence. 

Seeing an increase in the amount of reform in Windows and people I know who are surprisingly going that way.

Also if the people vote in Craig then we really are screwed. 

Didn't Coalville vote bnp once? 

https://stopthetories.vote/parl/north-west-leicestershire

8 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's clearly only aimed at the ones voting for Farage, so unless you are there is no offence. 

Seeing an increase in the amount of reform in Windows and people I know who are surprisingly going that way.

Also if the people vote in Craig then we really are screwed. 

Didn't Coalville vote bnp once? 

No, it was always labour up until 2003, and then went Tory since that point. 

Just now, Lako42 said:

She's getting my vote anyway. 

She's a genuine public servant who I really do belive will work for the area and not just personal gain. 

Just trying to reassure you a little. Ironically Reform helping Labour get in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

She's getting my vote anyway. 

She's a genuine public servant who I really do belive will work for the area and not just personal gain. 

Oh I don't disagree, I was out campaigning and door knocking with her a couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dunge said:

This is a horrific party election broadcast. Just a list of lies and scaremongering presented as a football-style report.

This is the main reason l have no interest in politics anymore.

I have zero connection to any of the main parties or the clowns involved.

As long as I'm in work, able to keep a roof over my head, have a nice holiday & go out occasionally, then I'm happy.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Just trying to reassure you a little. Ironically Reform helping Labour get in.

Yes that did cross my mind and could be the positive. 

Hopefully wasted votes from both the  masochistic Tory voters and the sadistic Reform voters. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

This is the main reason l have no interest in politics anymore.

I have zero connection to any of the main parties or the clowns involved.

As long as I'm in work, able to keep a roof over my head, have a nice holiday & go out occasionally, then I'm happy.

Tbf I can understand this apathy, but with greatest respect, voting decisions other people make can and do end up pivoting on everyone in the end, so I'm not sure how possible it is to just try to focus on oneself and think as an island.

• Like 3

Was driving through a few pit villages in Derbyshire yesterday. The amount of Reform placards/posters (most of them up illegally!) was depressing.

My God though, Toby Perkins doesn't half have some personal popularity in Chesterfield. No wonder he kept his seat when everywhere else round there was going blue last time.

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Was driving through a few pit villages in Derbyshire yesterday. The amount of Reform placards/posters (most of them up illegally!) was depressing.

My God though, Toby Perkins doesn't half have some personal popularity in Chesterfield. No wonder he kept his seat when everywhere else round there was going blue last time.

You might have seen, I removed one illegal (placard) in Chesterfield.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Russian bots hard at work on social media, evidently.

Guest MarshallForEngland
12 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

He's absolutely rattled on the BBC tonight lol

I thought he dealt extremely well with what was a very hostile audience, didn’t look rattled at all. It looked more like a struggle session than a good faith Q&A.  

Farage: "Nobody has fought harder against the far-right in British politics than me".

My goodness, he really wants to be Trump so badly, doesn't he? The bombast, the blatant lie dressed up as injured innocence, all of it.

Daily Express run a story about Reform canvassers racist comments regarding Rishi Sunak.

Considering their usual stance towards people of different skin colour that aren't the "right type", that's some next level hypocrisy there.

6 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

I thought he dealt extremely well with what was a very hostile audience, didn’t look rattled at all. It looked more like a struggle session than a good faith Q&A.  

You're defending a faux victim quasi-fascist.

• Like 1

Guest MarshallForEngland
4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Russian bots hard at work on social media, evidently.

Russian bots are responsible for posters on Derbyshire lampposts? Am I missing something here? Apologies if this was a joke that went over my head.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Farage: "Nobody has fought harder against the far-right in British politics than me".

My goodness, he really wants to be Trump so badly, doesn't he? The bombast, the blatant lie dressed up as injured innocence, all of it.

Daily Express run a story about Reform canvassers racist comments regarding Rishi Sunak.

Considering their usual stance towards people of different skin colour that aren't the "right type", that's some next level hypocrisy there.

Farage says that the man who made racist remarks on the Channel 4 documentary was an actor and presented plausible evidence in support of this, including videos of the man himself discussing the sorts of work he is available for. Has this information affected your view at all? 

What is “their usual stance towards people of different skin colour that aren't the "right type"”? Is it something Nigel Farage believes and is it Reform

Party policy? 

Guest MarshallForEngland
6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're defending a faux victim quasi-fascist.

Those are certainly words. 

Guest MarshallForEngland
Just now, HighPeakFox said:

What a response. I feel compassion for those that are fooled by him, but he is a total conman.

Do you have any thoughts on why you managed to see through the facade that appears to have bewitched his hapless supporters? 

The uninformed reform voter votes because they're upset at too many coloured people taking over their town regardless of any other policies they have. 

The informed reform voter looks at nazi Germany and Russia and thinks that's actually a good thing to have over here regardless of the impact on themselves or their families.

1 minute ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Do you have any thoughts on why you managed to see through the facade that appears to have bewitched his hapless supporters? 

Yes - I don't think in binary terms. And I have worked for people like him before. I know a lying, narcissistic sociopath when I see one.

Guest MarshallForEngland

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes - I don't think in binary terms. And I have worked for people like him before. I know a lying, narcissistic sociopath when I see one.

Yes it’s a shame that those Reform voters don’t have the same degree of life experience (or indeed compassion) that you do isn’t it. 

1 minute ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Yes it’s a shame that those Reform voters don’t have the same degree of life experience (or indeed compassion) that you do isn’t it. 

If sarcasm is your main argumentative weapon here, you don't have much.

5 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Russian bots are responsible for posters on Derbyshire lampposts? Am I missing something here? Apologies if this was a joke that went over my head.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1335nj316lo

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-29/uk-election-pro-russian-facebook-pages-coordinating/104038246

It is pretty much a matter of fact that effort to boost the profile of Reform UK on social media originating from Russia has been occurring. It's hardly a big intuitive leap to then think that this causes an increase in popularity for them as people are encouraged to share...questionable views that they wouldn't otherwise share and back Reform who are likewise backing those views, including by putting up signs indicating that other people should vote for them.

11 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Farage says that the man who made racist remarks on the Channel 4 documentary was an actor and presented plausible evidence in support of this, including videos of the man himself discussing the sorts of work he is available for. Has this information affected your view at all? 

I would be interested in directly seeing what this "evidence" consists of and whether or not it entirely exonerates both Farage and his party from the claims being made, especially as this one man isn't the only one having claims leveled against him.

13 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

What is “their usual stance towards people of different skin colour that aren't the "right type"”? Is it something Nigel Farage believes and is it Reform

Party policy? 

Their stance is anti-migration of most types, and that migration (given simple demographic figures) will be made up of different ehtnicities (and skin colours), which will as a matter of course disadvantage them. The official Reform Party policy is to limit migration in a similar fashion.

It's just a bit funny to see the Express going after Reform UK when on this matter their platforms are roughly aligned,

NB. It's good to have you around again - even though we disagree on the events of January 6th 2021 in the US being a coup attempt or not.