Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Robo61 said:

Sunak in Hinckley yeaterday for the second time, seems like they are only trying to hang on to what would normally be safe seats. Even here its feeling very tight, just hope people are taking note of what the majority of tactical voting sites are recommending.

They are definitely worried about safe seats, Sunak and Cameron both been to Grantham

Edited by Tuna

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I'll ask again, does not being able to win the vote justify not even taking a symbolic stance against police being allowed to rape protesters?

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

If I would be totally blunt about it, no.

This is about power, and principles without the power to apply them to make the world a better place mean as much as a fart in a Category 5 hurricane.

I know that's probably harsh, though.

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

personally I would say if you abandon your principles because you don't have the power to easily enact them, then you don't have any principles in the first place.

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

And I would say that's equally valid because you see it so often too.

So being stuck between them in the limbo of actually being able to do something meaningful while not compromising yourself to do so makes finding a solution very, very hard.

What @leicsmac said.

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I will quite happily retire from talking about politics on this forum on Friday.

Actually maybe next Monday. Give me the weekend to enjoy it.

You know it makes (common) sense

GRejffnXMAAD5wL.jpeg

47 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Tories: there will be power cuts under Labour.

Also Tories: the kettles will still work tho.

We laugh now but back in 2020/1 when similar scare tactics were used, daily, almost hourly, people were completely taken in by it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Tories: there will be power cuts under Labour.

Also Tories: the kettles will still work tho.

The thing is, it doesn’t cut through. Everyone feels worse off in their pocket than they did 15 years ago, everyone feels the hatred and nastiness that’s festered in society, everyone feels the negative energy in the country, people aren’t fools, they feel their lives worse off under the Tories. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Starmer coming out swinging against the equality act 2 days before the election is certainly a look. what a weapons grade **** he is.

Bare in mind what he's talking about was tried in North Carolina 9 years ago and had Camerons government issue a travel warning that the state wasn't safe for LGBTQ Brits to travel to...

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Yes, winding up people up is a thing.

The DMs were always the best when Bullshit Boris got the push. 

• Haha 1

Apparently Wes Streeting's seat is under threat, with an outside chance of Stamer's being the same.

I'd love Streeting to lose his seat.

13 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

Apparently Wes Streeting's seat is under threat, with an outside chance of Stamer's being the same.

Where are you seeing this? 

15 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

Starmer is polling at over 60% and Streeting at nearly 60% in most polls. Where you read this?

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Starmer coming out swinging against the equality act 2 days before the election is certainly a look. what a weapons grade **** he is.

Bare in mind what he's talking about was tried in North Carolina 9 years ago and had Camerons government issue a travel warning that the state wasn't safe for LGBTQ Brits to travel to...

Only British LGBTQ?

Where's your inclusivity?

:angry:

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Where are you seeing this? 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Starmer is polling at over 60% and Streeting at nearly 60% in most polls. Where you read this?

Chatting to a friend, who is usually very sensible, but has got this very very wrong.

Shame on me for believing them without checking