Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Only just finished counting his kids.

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Only just worked out he was in a party

Just got out the freezer. 

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

I find it very hard to believe that the SNP are going to be wiped out. What is it like up there @Vacamion

The SNP aren't going to be wiped out. 

Support for independence is fairly solid at just under 50%.

Support for the SNP, however, has been dented by the Sturgeon and Murrell scandals, the Mathieson iPad scandal and Yousaf being incompetent and blowing up his own government.

Additionally people are looking South and wanting to give the Tories a spanking, so jumping on the Labour bandwagon.

I expect Labour to gain a load of seats (25 is my guess), SNP to lose about as many, Tories to be left with a small handful. Lib Dems to hold their two seats in the far North, maybe gain one more, and Reform to hardly feature.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why's he joined so late? 

A Boris is never late. Nor is he early. He always arrives precisely when he can be arsed.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why's he joined so late? 

Been away on holiday celebrating his 60th birthday apparently

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Steve Barclay... whatever happened to him?  lol

After Thursday night, :wave: Steve.

Politicians can’t handle the public now unless it’s stage managed. I can remember my mum saying that when she was younger the mp’s would come and speak and take on hecklers and all sorts. Now they’re mainly a bunch of dim careerists.

• Like 1

Reform are rapidly resembling Leeds Utd with the way they are falling apart before the final whistle

A second Reform UK candidate has quit the hard-right party, alleging that the vast majority of those standing for it in the general election are “racist, misogynistic and bigoted”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/02/second-reform-candidate-quits-over-racism-and-misogyny

So while Rishi was busy not telling anyone about the election except for everyone popping bets on, Labour saw the prices plummet at the bookies.

While Rishi was standing in the rain looking a dick, Labour bought up all the ad space with The S*n and the Mail.

And that's how an article about Boris gets converted into a whole page ad to get shot of the Tories.

It's kinda a bit of genius.

image.jpeg.07aa9050c343cc2be9f71ad3a0c760dd.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

So while Rishi was busy not telling anyone about the election except for everyone popping bets on, Labour saw the prices plummet at the bookies.

While Rishi was standing in the rain looking a dick, Labour bought up all the ad space with The S*n and the Mail.

And that's how an article about Boris gets converted into a whole page ad to get shot of the Tories.

Its is quite remarkably shit campaigning.  Almost feel embarrassed for the guy.

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Do people still buy newspapers? Just curious how much of an impact it has now, compared to at years ago.

Even the older demographic I’d have thought would be using apps etc to read news. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Do people still buy newspapers? Just curious how much of an impact it has now, compared to at years ago.

Even the older demographic I’d have thought would be using apps etc to read news. 

They’ve bought the ad space for their websites / apps 

• Thanks 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Sly said:

Haven’t bought a newspaper for years mate 

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Right wing MSM controlling the media to keep their something something Tory mates, something something trouts in trough etc etc

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

Right wing MSM controlling the media to keep their something something Tory mates, something something trouts in trough etc etc

I wasn't aware that the newspapers ad space had anything to do with their editorial stance given that mostly it's open to the highest bidder, but fair enough.

3 minutes ago, kenny said:

The media generally like to back a winner.  In this case, while they no doubt had furious comms people from Conservative HQ on the phone, they rightly deemed them irrelevant in 6 weeks time.