Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Great to see they’ve rolled out the lying corpulent bag of flesh who presided over wine time Fridays, sex pest defending, Russian cash accepting and Covid murdering. Will certainly add a sense of gravitas to the final 24hrs of the Tories. 

Yeah but he has a personality......

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yep. Again, this comes down to social media influence for the most part. Casual misogyny and xenophobia have traction online among the young and digitally savvy.

Partly this but probably more material conditions for young people in 21st century UK. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bovril said:

Think I read somewhere last few days that Reform are 2nd favourite amongst late teens early 20s in this country. 

I think that’s likely technically true but misleading. For instance, Labour have a massive lead in that age group largely because they’re the option to get the Tories out whereas a lot of those Labour voters would likely prefer the Green manifesto. Meanwhile, Reform are a top choice for around 20% but bottom choice for most of the rest.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, bovril said:

Partly this but probably more material conditions for young people in 21st century UK. 

Yeah, economic hard times are a breeding ground for such sentiments.

Edit: I think that's an explanation but really not an excuse, though.

Edited by leicsmac

Mercer's wife panicking that her cushy job is about to disappear and they'll both be unemployed soon. A classic case of the Streisand Effect as a little protest is now going viral.

Then the police turn up, have no problem and don't really know why they've been called in another video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Copium is the word. I chuckle seeing the more hard right/left leaning members claim the polls are wrong, and it'll be closer than we think, as it doesn't align with what they want. 

Could come to eat those words, but I doubt it. 

it's not copium, it's daggers being a troll and not reading what was said. I did not say that labour winning a landslide would be bad for them, I said explicitly that a Tory collapse meant that tactical voting wasn't necessary. literally any party that challenges for seats gets a fair few 'well they're not as bad as [main opponents for that seat]' votes. labours come from would be green voters: indeed 12% of labour voters would rather vote green according to you gov:

so without the need to tactical vote, you'll see a decent chunk decide to vote with their ethics and heart and so the greens could reasonably be expected to get a higher vote share than predicted. that is not at all a claim that it will be tighter than polled in terms of labour v Tory.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Mercer's wife panicking that her cushy job is about to disappear and they'll both be unemployed soon. A classic case of the Streisand Effect as a little protest is now going viral.

Then the police turn up, have no problem and don't really know why they've been called in another video.

I was in Plymouth last week and he's got signs up everywhere, really pushing it as hard as he can to stay in.  Another one on my 'hope they lose their seat' bingo card

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Guesty said:

The follow up when the police arrive is a classic too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

This is a giggle, particularly when you look up on the polls for NW Leics

Yep.

But then seeing his stance on various scientific matters its rather clear that Bridgen has a grasp on reality only when it's convenient for him.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Final desperate bid to win over the wavering voter who likes…*checks notes*

…sandwiches? :blink: lol

It's hard to tell whether Sunak is that much of a wet wipe that despite his absurd wealth that is true, or whether he is so detached he thinks he is appealing to someone.

At least Ed Miliband actually ate sandwiches..

*Disclaimer - I like sandwiches as much as the next Brit but come on.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

It's hard to tell whether Sunak is that much of a wet wipe that despite his absurd wealth that is true, or whether he is so detached he thinks he is appealing to someone.

At least Ed Miliband actually ate sandwiches..

*Disclaimer - I like sandwiches as much as the next Brit but come on.

Oh he's definitely trying to appeal to Sandwich Man by choosing the least millionaire food he can think of.

Edited by Daggers