Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

The thing that depresses me most is that Reform are polling higher than UKIP did in 2015. Basically proves how ridiculous Cameron’s gamble was. Brexit has happened and it hasn’t stemmed the right of the party at all, it only made them stronger. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Whilst I wouldn’t recommend much more than wiping your arse with the newspaper, the sun is now backing Starmer. An indication that change is happening…

Have you read the article though? It praises Sunak and Farage and then says what’s wrong with Labour. It’s the most begrudging and bitter backing you’re ever likely to read. You can tell they really don’t want to back him but feel pressured by public opinion.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Have you read the article though? It praises Sunak and Farage and then says what’s wrong with Labour. It’s the most begrudging and bitter backing you’re ever likely to read. You can tell they really don’t want to back him but feel pressured by public opinion.

Yes I have, it’s lukewarm at best towards Labour. But they’re still backing Starmer. I personally don’t think they’d back solely because of public pressure to do so, I think they’re backing him because they know he will win. Nonetheless, it’s something at least.

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Just been reading my folks' Daily Mail so now fully up to speed with the dangers of "Starmerism".

Another article did acknowledge Rachel Reeves' excellent business attire

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They’re just a batshit insane family. 

I always remember it being said that his main achievement was to somehow make both Jeremy Corbyn not the worst Corbyn and Piers Morgan not the worst Piers.

• Haha 2

I know it won't happen but I'd love it if Starmer or Raynor came out and said: Thanks Sun, but we don't need or want your backing anymore. Oh, and remember Leveson part 2 that was abandoned. We're going to bring it back and make sure it's fully investigated.

19 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It would never be anything more - Murdoch carries a deep and abiding loathing of Starmer for prosecuting Rebecca Brookes.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They’re just a batshit insane family. 

I just want to know what in the name of Jesus H Fvck went on in that Wiltshire mansion in the 1960s. 

31 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The thing that depresses me most is that Reform are polling higher than UKIP did in 2015. Basically proves how ridiculous Cameron’s gamble was. Brexit has happened and it hasn’t stemmed the right of the party at all, it only made them stronger. 

Yep.

Though I would also again say that is merely part of a larger, aggressive ethnonationalist movement in the US, Europe and parts of Asia, driven by online coordination and abetted by poor economic conditions. And history shows that doesn't end well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Just got this shite posted through my door...

IMG_20240703_170154958.jpg.11377fa120157492318ebbc6ddc96355.jpg

FFS!

Here's hoping this kind of Trumpesque policy doesn't catch on much more over in the UK, for the sake of a fair few people short term, and everyone long term.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Just got this shite posted through my door...

IMG_20240703_170154958.jpg.11377fa120157492318ebbc6ddc96355.jpg

FFS!

Drain the Swamp People?

Is there no ethnic group they don't hate?

(Other than white Brits, obvs.)

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

"net zero is a scam!"

literally just doing this cartoon now:

attachment.thumb.png.9ded9e58535dc0c42f8f596efd857da4.png

Their argument, I guess, is that the world is already fine as it is and there's no need to "make it better" as there's no threat from nature that is apparent and we don't need anything on that list improving.

Absolute bollocks for manifold reasons,  of course.