Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

53 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

She used to be a teaching assistant when I was at school proper wino lol

Apparently, she's a professional voice artist in the Leicestershire area. Perhaps she's working on her Marine Le Pen?

Does anyone think such official polls are rigged, especially as it's (largely) paper votes?..

A vote counter could easily miscount one etc.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Apparently, she's a professional voice artist in the Leicestershire area. Perhaps she's working on her Marine Le Pen?

sirène?

1 hour ago, Guesty said:

The reform voters are hopefully doing a great job of ensuring the Lib Dems get in around here (Long term Tory strong hold usually with 55-60% of the votes)

image.png.0b6fdf3e8299f356902cde68bd9decbb.png

31 minutes ago, Sampson said:

What happens if Tories and LibDems get the same number of seats? I know it’s unlikely but hypothetically, who becomes the official opposition?

Ed Davey and Rishi Sunak have to fight to the death on parliament square. 

56 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Does anyone think such official polls are rigged, especially as it's (largely) paper votes?..

A vote counter could easily miscount one etc.

Mrs P has been a vote counter for local elections and is counting votes on Thursday.

What is probably not often seen on tv coverage, is the candidates watching the count for their constituencies and requesting a second count if they feel a mistake has been made. There's also cameras at the counting tables monitoring the count, to be used if there's any fraudulent or questionable counting.

That's the case at locals. I assume it's the same at a GE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I will be voting Green tomorrow. Not that I believe 100% in their policy platform. Frankly, I think some of their policies, notably the 10:1 pay ratio limit for companies, are ridiculous. However, I agree with them strongly on wealth taxes, nationalising water, rail and mail and their stance on Israel/Gaza. I'm voting for them to effectively be a pressure group on the Labour Party. If Labour want my vote in future, they'll have to offer me more than what they're currently doing. 

I said in a post a few days ago that the Green party won't get a majority and become a government any time soon but, they could gain several seats in the HoC as a result of the disillusionment with the main parties with regard to the environment and other issues. 

The more seats they have the bigger their voice becomes and then the pressure grows.

• Like 3

I have no idea who to vote for. My politics knowledge is very little. I’ve tried reading up on parties manifestos and I’m still none the wiser. I think what I hate the most about it all is people pushing their political opinions on others. I’m actually fearful for what is going to happen…. I’m fed up of the conservatives, I wouldn’t be confident in Labour (although the bookies have them as an overwhelming favourite) and I know even less about the other parties. The easiest option for me would be to not vote. But then I can’t really have a moan/opinion on things. 

35 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Mrs P has been a vote counter for local elections and is counting votes on Thursday.

What is probably not often seen on tv coverage, is the candidates watching the count for their constituencies and requesting a second count if they feel a mistake has been made. There's also cameras at the counting tables monitoring the count, to be used if there's any fraudulent or questionable counting.

That's the case at locals. I assume it's the same at a GE.

Thanks.

That's genuinely good of her.

I just had the thought if any 'illegal activities', like mine mentioned, could ever happen/did happen behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

What happens if Tories and LibDems get the same number of seats? I know it’s unlikely but hypothetically, who becomes the official opposition?

Rock paper scissors ?

it’s actually who picked up the least yellow cards 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

What was the purpose of Davey's numerous acts, from bungee-jumping to racing tractors?..

apparently the party felt he was a very anonymous leader - very low public profile 

so the decision was made for him to do stuff which would attract attention and raise that profile as someone who was prepared to do fun stuff and seem to be ‘human’

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

What was the purpose of Davey's numerous acts, from bungee-jumping to racing tractors?..

Like others have said. I think it's worked out well for him. Brought him attention and got him on TV and in the papers.

In this election I probably wouldn't have paid too much attention to the Lib Dems without him.

I didn't know his father died from cancer when he was 4 and he cared for his terminally ill mother till she died when he was 15. Meaning he had quite a lonely childhood. And now he has a severely disabled child he cares for. When I heard one of his more serious interviews I warmed to him as a person.

Along with his stunts he did try and deliver proper messages as well. Like when he was surfing, he was also talking about sewage in the water. But the media didn't really mention them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bert said:

I have no idea who to vote for. My politics knowledge is very little. I’ve tried reading up on parties manifestos and I’m still none the wiser. I think what I hate the most about it all is people pushing their political opinions on others. I’m actually fearful for what is going to happen…. I’m fed up of the conservatives, I wouldn’t be confident in Labour (although the bookies have them as an overwhelming favourite) and I know even less about the other parties. The easiest option for me would be to not vote. But then I can’t really have a moan/opinion on things. 

All I'd say is have a good read of what each party is offering (decent bitesize manifestos here: https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cxeez8271nvo) and, if you're still not sure, go out and spoil your ballot.

Sitting at home means whoever's in power assumes you don't care. Send a message at the very least.

• Like 2