Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Labour are a bolt on who will largely have SNP and Green support if climate shut down and generous funding is available. We know Sir Keir is 99% certain he knows what a woman is and is humbled enough to take the knee to foreign inspired activist groups. As for policies, those will maybe come to pass later.

quite alot of them are already clearly stated on here..... 

https://labour.org.uk/updates/

unsurprisingly, the "Clear Plan and Bold Action" of the conservatives... seem to be missing from here....

https://www.conservatives.com/news

I'll let you decide which ones you think have a plan and which you don't.... but happy reading.... 

I am firmly of the opinion that we should all make an informed choice when it comes to voting, rather than just the soundbites you here on TV, on social media or in the press.... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Posthorn54 said:

Voting doesn’t mean a thing anymore.

Don't really understand how you can look at the last ten years of UK politics and come to this conclusion 

19 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Unfortunately, I think Leicester might be the only place where we see an increase in the Tory vote. 

Certainly doesn't help when the BJP propaganda wing keep peddling the notion to Indian expats and descendants that everything other than the Tories is anti-Indian. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not sure on what grounds.

I would think the state school system will need to take action for the hundreds of thousands of extra students they are going to have to accommodate.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

I would think the state school system will need to take action for the hundreds of thousands of extra students they are going to have to accommodate.

Given there are about 600k private school students in the UK I'd happily wager you that the number of defectors doesn't run to 'hundreds of thousands'.

Just now, ealingfox said:

Given there are about 600k private school students in the UK I'd happily wager you that the number of defectors doesn't run to 'hundreds of thousands'.

About 40% according to a mystery survey in the daily mail.  Which would be 240k or so.  Probably exaggerated but I would bet it will be enough to make the VAT income not worth the cost and disruption.  It’s simple politics of envy.  Meanwhile the Church pays almost no tax..

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

About 40% according to a mystery survey in the daily mail.  Which would be 240k or so.  Probably exaggerated but I would bet it will be enough to make the VAT income not worth the cost and disruption.  It’s simple politics of envy.  Meanwhile the Church pays almost no tax..

Do you always believe what you read on the front page of the Daily Mail?

9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Probably? lol

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

"Police to take no further action over Rayner housing allegations"

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Will somebody think of the Daily Mail at this difficult time. 

First Beergate now Councilhousegate. 2 for 2.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

allegedly around 4 in 10 parents are saying they would pull kids out of private school if this happens. 

There are estimated to be around 880,000 Private School Children in the UK. if 40% of those left to join state education, that would be around 352,000 children, split across around 34,000 schools in the UK..... OR roughly 13 pupils per school..... 

based on the fact they will have had such a gifted education up to that point and will be the brightest of the bright (maybe sarcasm) then I suspect all the state schools will be happy to receive those children as it will improve their exam performance and increase their budgets. 

*this maths was learnt in a state school. never did me any harm. 

Edited by Greg2607
  • Thanks 1

I think if you have children of school age and you are deciding to pay for them to receive an education from the independent sector rather than take up the free state education you are entitled to then there isn't really a good argument that you should have to pay tax on top of that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LiberalFox said:

I think if you have children of school age and you are deciding to pay for them to receive an education from the independent sector rather than take up the free state education you are entitled to then there isn't really a good argument that you should have to pay tax on top of that. 

should or shouldn't??

4 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

The parents don't have to pay tax, the school does - if they want to pass that cost onto their customers that's for them to decide.

8 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

7 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

should or shouldn't??

:thumbup:

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The parents don't have to pay tax, the school does - if they want to pass that cost onto their customers that's for them to decide.

don't start bringing your "free market" views into this thread!! lol;)

Just now, MPH said:

:thumbup:

that's why I was asking for clarification, as I wasn't sure if they meant what they'd typed or if it was a typo.... 

I also didn't want to give a strong response, if that hadn't been the original intended message.