Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

American is it now?  I thought it was supposed to be Russian?

Could well be a bit of both.

Goodness knows both Trump (and his backers) and Putin would like a likeminded government in terms of policy in the UK.

To be fair to him Rishi has done a decent job of stabilising the Tory party after the drama, stories, sleaze and constant lies  of Boris and his cronies.

If it was a different generation of half decent Tory MP's(Cant think that far back!)  he would stood half a chance.

He can fly off in his private jet back to Goldman Sachs or father in laws company for a nice retirement job, or actually he doesn't even need to do that does he considering his worth!lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

I've an alternative game:

Which ex manager who could legally stand for parliament would you place in which party?

· Labour – Pearson (because the absolute GOAT)

· Lib Dems – Craig Shakespeare (cuddly but never winning anything alone)

· Tory – Peter Taylor (no reasons required)

· Reform – Rodgers (a self-interested cvnt who lies all the time)

· Greens – Rob Kelly (nice but utterly pointless)

· SNP - Craig Levein (couldn’t be Jock for sectarian reasons)

· Shit independent – Dean Smith (there to make up the numbers)

labour.jpeg

Who's Binface/ Loony Party in this? 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Who's Binface/ Loony Party in this? 

I'd say Rob Kelly (making up the numbers, what's he doing there) should stand for them and Claude Puel should be the greens (great ideas, never able to implement them).

Edited by The Doctor

My partners parents were both staunch Tory and were still planning on voting for them until the campaign of the last two weeks. 

They have actually felt embarrassed by some of the stuff they have seen from them this week. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I've still got absolutely no clue who I'm gonna vote for. 

www.uk.isidewith.com

think about your answers, don't just fire off yes or no's. 

Click the more options tab

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, SpacedX said:

Just got this shite posted through my door...

IMG_20240703_170154958.jpg.11377fa120157492318ebbc6ddc96355.jpg

FFS!

Just voted.She’s the only candidate that doesn’t live in the constituency lol 

Edit: not for her 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Haha 1

Went for Green in the end. I don't agree with everything on their manifesto but they've created manifesto as if they're not going to win so I've voted for them as if they're not going to win 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I get your issue - I think a lot of people are probably in the same position.

Now a declaration: I won’t be voting tomorrow, I didn’t want to change my registered address and vote in an area I don’t see myself being in for long.

But some suggestions on how you might choose who to vote for:

Vote informed locally: You might want to base your vote on who is to represent you locally.

There will no doubt be a few candidates, so if you want to narrow it down to who stands a chance you could check out the site below which will show you polling data for your area (I’ve put two links, the first one was running slooooow!);

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/newseatlookup.html

https://ig.ft.com/uk-general-election/2024/projection/?constituency=E14001172

Then just check them out on social media a little, get an idea of their character and go on gut feel - usually our first instincts are good judges of character and ultimately that’s what you want in an elected representative.

Vote based on the national picture: The other option would be to look at the national picture and vote based on either the party or political leader you think should be leading the country.

Whilst in this case your vote would be an indirect approval because ultimately your vote is always for your local representative - this is still a perfectly valid way of choosing how to vote given it will be the parties and their leaders that will have the large say on things that happen nationally. 

Again, in this instance I wouldn’t suggest you go too hard into research - the whole point of having a months worth of campaigning is for the parties to pitch to you.

So maybe think of something that impressed you, caught your interest, whatever and go with what your guts telling you - because there’s really no right or wrong answer, it’s about your choice and what you feel comfortable with.

As with above, you may want to check your seats polling position to check which of the parties have more of a chance of winning with the idea of placing a potentially decisive vote.

This could include choosing to vote ‘tactically’ - by voting for the rival of a person / party you decide you definitely don’t want to hold power.

Note on Election Deposit

One final thing - each candidate that runs for election has to pay a £500 deposit.

If they receive more than 5% of the valid votes cast they get that back - but if not, not only does that candidate suffer the embarrassment of loosing (badly), they’re also £500 down on their efforts.

So if you were drawn to an outsider / independent candidate that has little chance of winning overall - don’t feel voting for them is a wasted vote; because it might just be the difference in them getting their £500 back.

Hope that helps 😉

This is far too much a good balanced/nuanced post.       What are you doing on this thread?     It's supposed to be full of ranting nonsense!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just voted.She’s the only candidate that doesn’t live in the constituency lol 

Edit: not for her 

Same in the mid-Leics one. Chuckled that the Reform candidate didn't have an address as outside the boundary when I looked at the voting slip. 

17 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

https://uk.isidewith.com

think about your answers, don't just fire off yes or no's. 

Click the more options tab

Aye, done this a few times and it generally ends up being SNP, who I've voted for all my life. That creates its own problems. Yes, my family have done well under SNP, I'm definately financially better off under their rule but they are a mess. I don't back any of their leaders and some of their decisions in the last few years have rubbed me up the wrong way, leaving me pretty disillusioned with them. 

The problem is, I won't vote for any Scottish unionist party and voting for someone like Alba, who I match pretty highly with on that quiz is potentially splitting the vote and putting a pro UK party in power in Scotland...

50 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I’m the opposite. I considered Rishi more of a moderate before this campaign, but all he has done has lie lie lie about this £2,000 guff and constantly repeated it even after everyone knows it’s a lie. Then he’s just banged on about immigration and shown he just wants to cut taxes for the wealthy, tried to please the populist right and Johnson/Farage fans than the moderates, which after Farage came into the picture proved a bit of a disaster. 

I think he’s really had the most awful campaign, seen the final remaining moderate voters jump ship, set up the Tory party to lurch off to the right after the campaign and really blown any possible image that he had of being a reasonable moderate into becoming a hard right populist serial liar. Been massively not impressed by the direction he took this campaign and how he’s only caused more division within the Tory party.

Just reading this post and it really made me think that maybe Rishis antics may have had a overall positive effect. Hear me out...

It feels to me that over the last few months the overall electorate were starting to see through the lies, were looking for someone to trust and hence why labour were climbing the polls. 

By doubling down and really going for it the last few weeks, and it hopefully backfiring to humiliation, I hope it may spark the start of better politics and politicians going forward. 

I suppose the problem with this thought process is farage and the rise of reform but it's down to labour now to do a good job to ensure they remain a protest vote for those who are more right wing and/or racist imbeciles.