Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

The idea of Farage becoming Prime Minister in years to come is not impossible. Sunak will struggle to remain leader party after this defeat and theres not many decent mps out there on tory side showing suitable signs of being good enough... or dare we say mad boris returns.

He’s never been elected to his local constituency remember

Edited by CosbehFox

1 hour ago, izzymuzzet said:

The future of the Conservative Party could rest on whether Penny Mordaunt retains her Portsmouth North seat. Win it and she's odds on to be the next Tory leader. Lose and Kemi Badenoch is probably favourite. Two very different trajectories and there's probably only going to be a few hundred votes in it.

Can you expand on the last few lines bud, genuinely interest in your thoughts for how this would look. 

Foxestalk:

If you vote Tory you're a cvnt and don't care about wider society.

Also Foxestalk:

Let's all laugh at northerners who have historically been fvcked over economically by successive government more than most other regions

:dunno:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Can you expand on the last few lines bud, genuinely interest in your thoughts for how this would look. 

A toss up between performative hard right as a fob to the mad old party members or full throttle hard right by a woman convinced that Cruella Deville was the heroine in 101 Dalmations. 

8 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Mordaunt is centre right, campaigned for Leave but fairly sensible. Think she’d rule out any pact with Reform and try to avoid too much culture war stuff.

Badenoch is much further to the right, more like an American Conservative than a British one. I think she’d be much more amenable to some kind of alliance with Reform. She’d go big on culture wars and try to attack Labour on LGBT issues, immigration etc.

As a Labour supporter I’d be more fearful of Mordaunt from an electoral perspective. But I really don’t like the idea of a culture warrior like Badenoch having even more of a platform to corrode our political discourse. 

20 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Agreed, the amount of people I've seen on social media saying they will be voting Reform is quite frightening, even before you see the even larger number of people who agree with them.

It will purely be because the others are slaying each other and putting people off each other and pushing them to Reform. 

Just now, The Quick Brown Fox said:

It will purely be because the others are slaying each other and putting people off each other and pushing them to Reform. 

People are voting Reform because a person was nasty to them online? Have I understood you correctly?

No, Tory and Labour slating each other and making other parties seem like a better option. 

Still to switch to a limited company with no leader election mechanism that could just slot anyone into the role, currently led by the man most responsible for the most horrific piece of self harm a country has ever inflicted on itself. 

I mean by all means be disenfranchised with the main two parties but it's still no excuse to vote reform

Just now, Facecloth said:

Still to switch to a limited company with no leader election mechanism that could just slot anyone into the role, currently led by the man most responsible for the most horrific piece of self harm a country has ever inflicted on itself. 

I mean by all means be disenfranchised with the main two parties but it's still no excuse to vote reform

I'm not saying I voted Reform. I'm just saying I think they will do well for the reason I said. 

I'm not saying I voted Reform. I'm just saying I think they will do well for the reason I said. 

Oh I'm not saying you had, I just think anyone who use that excuse for voting them is crazy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Have to say I’ve gone from thinking I was about to watch Chelsea beat Spurs to worrying I’m actually about to watch us draw 0-0 with Stoke. 

Knockaert has just missed the penalty vs Watford, for me. 

• Sad 1