Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Am at the "Chelsea have got one back" stage.

Came for the 0-9 at Southampton, feel like Nacho has just equalised against the Geordies and we’re heading into injury time. 

40 minutes ago, Daggers said:

IMG_7236.jpeg

England fans who haven’t voted, you have half an hour to vote as England only ever win trophies under a Labour government. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andy11111 said:

Why would anyone vote for Starmer? I can't stand to listen to him talk

Because the man has ran public services in the past, worked hard for his own success and offers an alternative to the last 14 years of government. Why don’t you like to listen to him talk? Genuinely interested.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy11111 said:

Why would anyone vote for Starmer? I can't stand to listen to him talk

You don't need to like this voice. That's kind of thinking gets you Johnson and farage.

We just need someone who actually had the interests in the general population at heart end things will improve. 

We've had 14 years of a government that looks after 0.01% of the population and this is where we are. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean yes, Starmer is just restarting the last 14 years given how labours campaign could easily be mistaken for Cameron's if you were colour blind, but reform isn't kicking the 2 party system apart, it's taking Tory policies to their logical end, restoring perfidious Albion as a petty little island loathed by the world. pick an independent, go green or lib dem, hell, find some weird local party who want Leicestershire to secede from the UK and become it's own nation because theres no FFP in the world cup, just not reform.

Just like a dozen other nationalist "leaders" currently seeking power around the world.

And it's obvious how that ends - the historical record is clear. The only question would be whether the shooting would start because of mass migration and tension caused by dwindling vital resources in a changed world they chose to ignore, or something else that would start it first.

NB. I remember a conversation way back in 2016 about the rise of nationalism on here. A user (think their name was GazzinderFox or somesuch) seemed to think that such nationalism wouldn't lead to widespread conflict. I wonder if they would be so sure of their guess now?

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

At least Le Pen’s lot in France are actually offering something for the youth. Reform don’t really have much aside from anti immigration stuff which would be impossible to actually implement. 

Given that appeal for Reform appears to cross age demographic lines, they must be at least appearing to offer youth something. Of course, the above applies where that youth will in all likelihood have a very unpleasant older age indeed if their policies are taken to their logical conclusion.

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Because the man has ran public services in the past, worked hard for his own success and offers an alternative to the last 14 years of government. Why don’t you like to listen to him talk? Genuinely interested.

Alternative 😂 really, so everything is going to be better

Just now, leicsmac said:

Just like a dozen other nationalist "leaders" currently seeking power around the world.

And it's obvious how that ends - the historical record is clear. The only question would be whether the shooting would start because of mass migration and tension caused by dwindling vital resources in a changed world they chose to ignore, or something else that would start it first.

NB. I remember a conversation way back in 2016 about the rise of nationalism on here. A user (think their name was GazzinderFox or somesuch) seemed to think that such nationalism wouldn't lead to widespread conflict. I wonder if they would be so sure of their guess now?

Given that appeal for Reform appears to cross age demographic lines, they must be at least appearing to offer youth something. Of course, the above applies where that youth will in all likelihood have a very unpleasant older age indeed if their policies are taken to their logical conclusion.

I suppose I mean that National Rally have specific policies which will benefit young people, whereas reform really don’t. 

Just now, Andy11111 said:

Alternative 😂 really, so everything is going to be better

I believe he does offer a viable alternative. Of course 14 years of destruction to public services and standards of living won’t get better instantly. What would your alternative be?