Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Blyth and Sunderland running around like nutters :D

Newcastle looking fit too, clearly been in training.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I think Sunak gets the boot and the party move further to right to hoover back up the voters/members that have moved over to Reform. Shadow cabinet made up of the far right leaners like Braverman. 

Yeah, quite possibly.

It remains to be seen whether or not that (or a reiteration of Reform, whichever) will perform better at the next election, depending on events.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No ad-breaks, all star cast...

But they also have Nadine ****ing Dories and Kwasi Kwarteng :nigel:

But Anne Widdecombe looks like being the first politician to die live on air, that’s worth something

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Reform look like getting 13 seats which is a bigger share of the vote (not sure how that works?) than the Lib Dems

You're not sure how that works? Did you not question the SNP having more seats than the Lib Dems for the last 10 years?

The percentage of the vote you get nationally, and the number of constituencies you win aren't the same thing Col, what is playing dumb on here gaining you?

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I’d say mostly against tories. 

I’d agree, but it’ll become more clear as the night unfolds I guess.

People very very angry with the Tories.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Reform look like getting 13 seats which is a bigger share of the vote (not sure how that works?) than the Lib Dems

it's about national swing basically. if we had a functional democratic system which apportioned power in relation to support rather than First Past the Post which is a shit or bust system, then reform would get more seats than the lib Dems on the vote share, but under FPTP they'll probably get a decent amount of votes nationwide but not enough to concentrate into a large number of seats, where as the lib dems support is concentrated into a few constituencies so they'll keep the seats they were in/gain a few where they were in second 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

You're not sure how that works? Did you not question the SNP having more seats than the Lib Dems for the last 10 years?

The percentage of the vote you get nationally, and the number of constituencies you win aren't the same thing Col, what is playing dumb on here gaining you?

Eh? I’ve never mentioned the SNP or the Lib Dems that I can recollect?

Genuinely don’t know how ‘ the share’ thing works

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

it's about national swing basically. if we had a functional democratic system which apportioned power in relation to support rather than First Past the Post which is a shit or bust system, then reform would get more seats than the lib Dems on the vote share, but under FPTP they'll probably get a decent amount of votes nationwide but not enough to concentrate into a large number of seats, where as the lib dems support is concentrated into a few constituencies so they'll keep the seats they were in/gain a few where they were in second 

👍

Just now, David Hankey said:

No surprise in what the exit polls are telling us. In fact it would be a complete surprise if Labour didn't win by a landslide.

But some of us wanted to see them totally wiped out! Still take the result any day though.