Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The exit poll is looking… questionable. Could be some significant variance.

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Is anywhere actually showing the results of the counts live?

Just chatter on every station, I want Tory tears.

The results come thick and fast now so they'll usually show the results only but stay for the speeches for the bigger stories

As big a prat as the bloke is it's a great political calculation from Lee Anderson. Defecting was the only chance he had of holding the seat and now it looks like he saw this election and election result coming. Can't argue with it.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think that exit poll is off.

I can see why too - it looks like a lot of people have focused on tactical voting to get the stories out - and Reform don’t have enough ‘known’ candidates to take full advantage of the Tory collapse.

1 hour ago, FoxyPV said:

To quote one of my least favourite people ever - they need starved of the oxygen of publicity.

I don't disagree at all, sticking them on the TV constantly is pretty much the entire reason that we are where we are.

8 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I don't disagree at all, sticking them on the TV constantly is pretty much the entire reason that we are where we are.

That and the willingness of the media to completely fail to hold them accountable and report in depth on backgrounds. The list held by Hope Not Hate details how so many of their candidates aren't remotely fit for office. Bigots, conspiracy theorists, homophobes, racists, xenophobes, bullies, thugs and liars. Reform voters who did it as a protest have given their vote to a party that actually worse than the current iteration of the Tories.

And it's the product of Brexit and the politics of hate that has been sucking at No.10's teet since the referendum. Division and othering that has been embraced and promoted by ministers gargling down future opportunities touted by Tufton Street.

Christ I'm happy we're turning a page.

• Like 4