Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What she done ???

Manifested everything about the current state of the Conservative Party and why it needs to sort itself out.

Turned up late after she’d clearly been advised she’d lost. Stood still. Refused the chance to speak and walked off. Sore loser and frankly the cabbage would have done a better job. 

Her and Mogg going has pleased me beyond belief and I’m a bloody conservative! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Yes, Kettering!

Fvck you Hollobone, you twat jacket wearing spanner. Fvck you, your abusive emails, your shit service to the town, and the way you refused to answer simple questions when you door knocked then ran up the street away from me. 

Every scrapped knuckle from a letterbox, every leaflet, every conversation, every cocktail - totally fvcking worth it. 

I take it that you're not a fan lol

14 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Leicester East is really interesting.....always been Labor for as long as i can remember....Is it the labor candidate being not very good,the conservative being good or the rest being crap?

Anti Labour due to Palestinian position?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just woke up.

I know I'm banging a drum here, but social media has been such a force multiplier for this election - the independents on their Gaza stance and Reform in general have utilised it most effectively, coalescing a movement around one or a few issues and with some slick wording. Lessons for the bigger players to learn, there.

Additionally:

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'm asking honestly here, looking for understanding.

What exactly about the idea of a party like Reform setting policy is attractive? Is it because the long-term risks (like history showing nationalist governments = conflict, especially when ignoring natural factors that will strain resources increasing that risk of conflict) are not worth thinking about, because they won't happen or because the shorter-term is simply more valuable?

Would appreciate some insight.

Still waiting, still interested if any Reform voters might chip in.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Leicestershire on the whole a real let down. 

A real lack of self respect in this county it seems 

Northamptonshire, on the other hand, I have never known the like. 

I guess we’ll see in time if Reform was a protest vote, or this county morales are really more toward them. 

Congratulations to Starmer by the way, I forgot to put it in my earlier post. 

He’s a deserved winner and I’m hoping that fact he’s not so left wing and a fake Tory is for the good :ph34r:

Jokes aside, the country needed change and it now has it. Hopefully we’ll turn a corner and politics becomes more back room and educated again, with a duelling of minds, rather than the dick swinging contest that Boris the clown and the calamity mess that Truss put us into. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sly said:

The % of the vote Reform have got makes me feel ill, a bit like Brexit all over again. 

It's actually not as good as I thought. 14% - 1.5m more votes than ukip.

They'll claim a revolution is on the way but generally they've had less scrutiny and more airtime than other similar parties. Personally think this is their best chance - more scrutiny will make people realise they're full of knuckle dragging idiots. Likely Farage will have lost his mate trump in 5 years time too.

Bearing in mind he was claiming they were the opposition and had 20% of the eletorate. Its not what I was expecting tbf.

Lee Anderson getting elected again is a reflection of the state of education in this country.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

I am going to be writing to Keir to ask him to do something about me having my alcohol taken away from me and being sent to bed. This isn’t what I voted for. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

South Leicestershire :facepalm:

Seriously.  People endorse the Tories past 14 years through voting Costa.  People would vote a lettuce in if it wore blue round here.

Disappointed.

Ultimately people vote with where their principles lie. More affluent areas, typically will vote for what they perceive will make them better off (I’m stereotyping I know).

Just now, Daggers said:

I am going to be writing to Keir to ask him to do something about me having my alcohol taken away from me and being sent to bed. This isn’t what I voted for. 

That wasn't on the agenda as one of the first pledges! 

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Do we all need to chip in and get some delivered for you? Marathon session you’ve put in overnight watching this unfold! 

Just now, StanSP said:

That wasn't on the agenda as one of the first pledges! 

Oooh get you being all knowledgable now - you weren’t that snappy with responses when Col was grilling you. 

As an aside, drop me I. A tin of lager or sonething

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Do we all need to chip in and get some delivered for you? Marathon session you’ve put in overnight watching this unfold! 

She leaves in ten minutes. No woman can contain me.