Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Election prediction time

Just listening to Jess Phillips, she has had a tough time of it. Labour are now going to have to start saying what they will deliver then deliver it.

Hope someone has told SKS.

• Like 2

My housemate used to work at the big hospital in Ashfield and said about how many mums would steal baby formula from the hospital pharmacy, and how much outright poverty there is. I can’t believe they’ve voted 30p Lee in again. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Maybe time to give him a chance to do that now then, eh...

pretty much irrelevant whether I respect the spineless prat tbh. he's gonna be in government for however long before the press, having gotten tired of kicking the SNP and Tories to death, find a new target, like say a relatively unpopular incoming prime minister who despite winning a landslide with his party, saw his majority in his constituency cut in half. I would feel pretty safe betting he is not still leader come 2029. in the meantime, he'll do what he wants and I'll continue to put together contingency plans to flee the UK because it's becoming an increasingly unsafe place to be visibly queer in and he's not indicating a desire to reverse that.

Edited by The Doctor

4 minutes ago, kenny said:

Just listening to Jess Phillips, she has had a tough time of it. Labour are now going to have to start saying what they will deliver then deliver it.

Hope someone has told SKS.

What was the story there? Over 30% of the vote for the worker's party? 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Anywhere where Gaza is a bigger issue than the UK appears to be a basket case.

Also seemingly a big reform vote in those areas.

I’m trying to get my head around what happened in Leicester East…

I know Webbe and Vaz (unbelievably) took votes away from labour, but how did a Tory come steaming through…

in just don’t get it???  Was there some other dynamic at play?

in my own constituency it was quite clear…. Ashworth out because of Palestine 

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

same as Dewsbury and Batley, Blackburn, Ilford North, Leicester South, arguably Islington North, anywhere that has a higher than average Muslim population, labour are taking a kicking over starmers position on Gaza. Phillips is actually one of the more principled ones in that regard but lot of people vote indirectly for the party leader they want to be PM rather than the local MP

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

pretty much irrelevant whether I respect the spineless prat tbh. he's gonna be in government for however long before the press, having gotten tired of kicking the SNP and Tories to death, find a new target, like say a relatively unpopular incoming prime minister who despite winning a landslide with his party, saw his majority in his constituency cut in half. I would feel pretty safe betting he is not still leader come 2029. in the meantime, he'll do what he wants and I'll continue to put together contingency plans to flee the UK because it's becoming an increasingly unsafe place to be visibly queer in and he's not indicating a desire to reverse that.

Scandinavia or Canada?

Can't think of many other places seeing as there appear to be quite a few nutjobs with homophobia as part of their policies springing up everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Happy Friday people, from the BBC:

The Tories have lost the seats of all the prime ministers since 2010, apart from Rishi Sunak.

They have now lost:

David Cameron's seat of Witney to the Lib Dems

Theresa May's seat of Maidenhead to the Lib Dems

Boris Johnson's seat of Uxbridge and South Ruislip to Labour

Liz Truss's seat of South West Norfolk to Labour

They should make Leicestershire their headquarters 

Ffs

36 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Anti Labour due to Palestinian position?

Yes but there is also a 7.4% rise for the Tories from the last GE. Which begs the question, where did those 7.4% come from (while retaining their previous voters). Because if it is the Palestinian position, no way are those voters going over to the Tories. This result makes the mind boggle. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Labour candidate in Harborough Oadby and Wigston loses out to Tories by around 2000 votes. 6000 + people voted for Reform. What are they doing

Lots of people think immigration is the biggest threat to their existence here when the real challenges are people moving up from London and driving the house prices up. Its genuinely mind boggling what people will believe.

17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Leicestershire really letting the side down.

North West Leicestershire did their bit! Labour one by 1000 votes. Glad I went out and did my bit to campaign.  I'm not it made a difference, but I'd have kicked myself it they had lost and I hadn't. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I’m trying to get my head around what happened in Leicester East…

I know Webbe and Vaz (unbelievably) took votes away from labour, but how did a Tory come steaming through…

in just don’t get it???  Was there some other dynamic at play?

in my own constituency it was quite clear…. Ashworth out because of Palestine 

I know next to nothing about this but I'm guessing it's something to do with Hindu nationalists, who see their interests overlapping with a Conservative agenda. I don't think this is as big a surprise as it looks, Tory support in the city has been growing for a while, and add in lack of enthusiasm for Labour over Gaza and here we are

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1